• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Fury  "formerly Ion Maiden, launching August 15!"

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

But surely all the gaming news sites will cover the name change, increasing awareness quite a bit.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMicky C, on 09 July 2019 - 04:42 AM, said:

But surely all the gaming news sites will cover the name change, increasing awareness quite a bit.

Hopefully, yeah, I guess that's the flipside.

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

I think what we have to show will speak for itself.

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Yay suspense!

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

What name change?

User is offline   Master O 

View Postoasiz, on 09 July 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

I think what we have to show will speak for itself.

What time will the announcement be on Thursday?

User is offline   Mark 

I'm going to make a guess that it's released as Ion Maiden.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMark, on 10 July 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

based on the fact that none of the splash-art or titles for the advertisements, the steam page, the gog page, & the 3dr page have changed, or have been pulled?

This post has been edited by Forge: 10 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMark, on 10 July 2019 - 04:15 PM, said:

The name has changed, this is fact

User is offline   Mark 

View PostForge, on 10 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

based on the fact that none of the splash-art or titles for the advertisements, the steam page, the gog page, & the 3dr page have changed, or have been pulled?

I have a hunch. :D

Attached File(s)

User is offline   SonicB00M 

A dev posted '06:30 PST' in the Steam forums. Guess we'll find out about the new name and release date in less than an hour.

View PostSonicB00M, on 11 July 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

A dev posted '06:30 PST' in the Steam forums. Guess we'll find out about the new name and release date in less than an hour.

9:30 AM EST, then....

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

I'm literally shaking.

https://youtu.be/zjnhRz_GP3c

User is offline   Forge 

so they made a vid to show that they did indeed put at least one mirror in the game. Nice.

So the new name is "Ion Fury". That was a good pick.

Voidpoint, please spoof Iron Maiden's lawyers in some way.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That trailer was amazing! So many cool locations and some very nice interactivity.

So was a settlement reached or was the name just changed as a sorta show of good faith? If it is the latter Iron Maiden Holdings might still keep their lawsuit going.

Edit:

I should say that I really like the new name.

User is offline   John Brown 

Shelly's sprites were enough for me. Awesome.

(please tell me the GOG version won't launch a week after the Steam one)

'Iron Fury is a thrash metal band founded in August 1981 and was active until January 1989. Its lead guitarist named Jim Fitzgerald and drummer named Clay Simons would later on become a part of The Lost MC from the Grand Theft Auto series.'

Rockstar are already on their phones talking with their lawyers :)

Jokes aside, the trailer looks amazing. Need to watch it again go frame by frame after work :D Glad to see some lovely voxels!

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

The level design looks amazing. That working piano is sick. Something about the Build engine lends itself to some of the best level design in FPS history. Duke, Blood, Shadow Warrior, and now Ion Fury.

User is offline   necroslut 

The new name is pretty dull, but the trailer looks as awesome as expected.

View PostSonicB00M, on 11 July 2019 - 05:45 AM, said:

'Iron Fury is a thrash metal band founded in August 1981 and was active until January 1989. Its lead guitarist named Jim Fitzgerald and drummer named Clay Simons would later on become a part of The Lost MC from the Grand Theft Auto series.'

I hope 3D Realms' lawyers checked that out first before using their new name.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

Ion Fury sounds random as fuck, but the footage makes up for it. Looks like a proper 3D Realms title.

User is offline   Echelon5 

Super turbo hyped for this and I'll gladly give my money (again, for the big box!) to support it but CHRIST why did you guys have to keep the fire bullets for the SMG. It looks and sounds so BAD.

User is offline   Mark 

The newest commercial games I bought were Oblivion, Far Cry 2 and Fallout New Vegas from 2006 - 2010. I bought them at a garage sale a few years ago. I'm impressed enough with Ion Fury that I will buy the physical version in a few months. I want to wait for patches, if any, before I play. Believe me, its a big event when I open up my wallet for a game. I guess I've been replaying my old ones for too long. :D

This post has been edited by Mark: 11 July 2019 - 07:34 AM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostEchelon5, on 11 July 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

Super turbo hyped for this and I'll gladly give my money (again, for the big box!) to support it but CHRIST why did you guys have to keep the fire bullets for the SMG. It looks and sounds so BAD.

Yes, IMO the fire bullets are weird.

This post has been edited by Gaydar: 11 July 2019 - 07:35 AM

Just saw the trailer and can barely contain my excitement! Love the new name, love the look of the game (is giving me Perfect Dark vibes in the best possible way), and I’m suddenly trying to figure out how I can scrape together the money for that big box release! Good show, guys!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

"Say my name!" Lol nice one. The name is better than I expected. I like that Ion is kept. The only thing I see now is the similarity with the name Wrath. But it's ok.

Also, mirrors and third person view! I never use it but good to see it back. Game looks great! Bowling ball USB disk? Is this a ball-shaped USB drive or a discus-shaped? Sad that I missed out on the floppy USB but this box is definitely more affordable.

The game is looking great!!

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Not crazy about the name change but excited for release and the game looks great.

Share this topic:

• 136 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options