• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Media

User is offline   Sangman 

View Postkaisersoze, on May 10 2009, 02:17 PM, said:

There has been NO official statement on the status of the game. At this point, it being on "life support" is most accurate.

[more stuff]

That idea, somehow, manages to make a little bit of sense.

I guess we'll know for real in hopefully not too long.

User is offline   EviL AnGeL 

This could also be a way to screw over Take 2. They made that deal a long time ago and for all we know there may be a legal loophole saying they only have rights to publish the game from 3DR.

The game could be finished so they close down and release under Apogee to get out of the deal and find a better one or they publish the game through Apogee LLC. I said this before but 3DR employees get paid a percentage of the game as long as they work there. Letting them all go means they won't get anything from the game saving even more money. I don't think the guys would be advertising for work if they were going straight back under Apogee.

That would be a kinda shitty thing to do but business is business and you have to do what you can to survive. Maybe they spent so much money that in order to recoup they just cannot afford to have that Take 2 deal or to pay employees a rake of the profits.

User is offline   ryche 

Wow, how long til gametrailers.com removes it from there...? Oh well, it is still bad ass even after a very very short night sleep.

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View Postryche, on May 10 2009, 05:14 AM, said:

Wow, how long til gametrailers.com removes it from there...? Oh well, it is still bad ass even after a very very short night sleep.

Funny thing is that user over at gametrailers... actually like the video. WTF? If you even been and read their forums, it's odd to see them like anything other than Halo, CoD or Kill Zone

;)

User is offline   d3drocks 

alright, time to take the suicide pills ;)
WHYYYYYYYYYYY.
IT LOOKS SOOO MUCH FUN!

User is offline   ryche 

Well now Shacknews has the video on their site: http://www.shacknews...article.x/58562

I like how they posted it yet wrote in the article "The reel was not mention for public consumption, as Brewer's website reads "As much as I would like to show everyone I can't. This is for game developers only.""

Then...why'd you post it too? Makes no sense. Whatever. Hell Gametrailers.com has over 88k views. I'm sure Youtube versions were the same. Just shows how much we loved and wanted DNF.

User is offline   ryche 

LOL @ ZChri9...you really want everyone to know you leaked it don't you ;)

(seen on shacknews)

By: zchri9 x Show Full Post
Where the hell is the credit to me and duke4.net?!
We're the ones that released it!
May 10, 2009 5:18am CST
toggle
Where the hell is the credit to me and duke4.net?! We're the ones that released it! : zchri9

Thread Truncated. Click to see all 1 replies.

By: zchri9 x Show Full Post
Sorry for sounding rude.
I leaked it this morning.
http://www.duke4.net...p?showtopic=814 its all there my friend ;)
Refresh Thread
By: Chris Faylor x Show Full Post
We received the footage as an anonymous tip that just pointed to a megaupload link. Thanks for cluing us in.

This post has been edited by ryche: 10 May 2009 - 05:29 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

LOL @ zchri9

Now we can make the strange brain twist that 3DR somehow knew someone was going to find and leak it, that all the job blogs are fake,... and that they came up with a new way to release material ;)

This is of course following KaiserSoze's reasoning that it's still all one big hype. I know it's rude to be like "LOL 3DR IS KIDDING" but I guess that's what hoping for something does to ya.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

Yeah, really, ZChri9. Chill out dude. Just because there isn't a horde of naked women worshiping you for leaking this video doesn't mean you have to tell everyone and their mother about it. We get it...you ninjad the video.

That said, I repeat myself:
animation demo is animation demo. It looks pretty but I am smarter than some people at the Shack etc who think this represents the whole game. It is a nice demo, I hope the guy gets a good job and such.

User is offline   Techbot 

Just for fun ;)

Posted Image

8 = Jetpack?

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostTechbot, on May 10 2009, 09:40 PM, said:

Just for fun ;)

Posted Image

Man Duke's hands look terrible in that shot. Must've been some decoloration or something in the resize. ;) Informative though. Good work Techbot.

User is offline   Techbot 

View PostSangman, on May 10 2009, 11:41 PM, said:

8 = Jetpack?

Mmm, I was thinking one of them was bound to be the jetpack. Hopefully we get some bigger screens or video soon to confirm ;)

View PostJinroh, on May 10 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

Man Duke's hands look terrible in that shot. Must've been some decoloration or something in the resize. ;) Informative though. Good work Techbot.

Cheers! I'm guessing the weird effect on Duke's hand is probably just an odd reflection on his glove. Incidentally, I'm fairly sure that particular location is the same one we saw in the Jace Hall footage where Duke blows up the guy in the overalls with a pipebomb :D

View PostJinroh, on May 10 2009, 03:46 PM, said:

Man Duke's hands look terrible in that shot. Must've been some decoloration or something in the resize. ;)

Narh he's wearing (the shiniest) gloves (ever).

User is offline   N64 

http://www.gametrailers.com/

look the difference

Posted Image Posted Image

the popular movie is only 6,507 downloads the new DNF footage is 102,360 ! incredible!

duke is duke... ;)

This post has been edited by angelo86: 10 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

GT's video is embedded on kotaku. There'll be lots of viewings.

User is offline   laffer 

Looks pretty cool. It's tough to get a good impression of the game from something like this, though... with all the scripting etc.

But I love the animations and some areas looked interesting.

User is offline   MartyMcFly 

nitpicking here, i'm not too fond of the unnecessary flair on the HUD displays. it reminds me of all the scribbly crap in NFS Most Wanted.
also, the blood splatter looks too much like Bioshocks where it shines too much.
ok, Im done ;)

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Video here on my site mirrored: http://tinyurl.com/q8no78
And here be the shots: http://www.saunalaht...s/DNF/index.php

User is offline   DolAtoR 

I don't know where these come from, but I have found some more screens on this site:

DNF screens and artworks

Are these real? I cant tell....

View PostDolAtoR, on May 10 2009, 05:01 PM, said:

I don't know where these come from, but I have found some more screens on this site:

DNF screens and artworks

Yes, they are, we've already seen em ;)

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View PostDolAtoR, on May 10 2009, 08:01 AM, said:

DNF screens and artworks

They are real. Been posted a ton of times ;)

Hi people, Im new here, huge duke fan. Just got back from a vacation & I turn on my computer to this!!!???
3DRealms is no more, there is no real official statement... just a goodbye on their website !?
...also, "leaks" & massive ammounts of hype. People ACTUALLY saying something POSITIVE about DNF instead of joking about vaporware awards & what not...
-WHAT THE ****!?
It feels like showing up late to an old friend`s funeral, feeling like s**t... then drowning my sorrows with delicous cake in the form of leaked media.
-Seriously, that footage was sick! Theres potential in that clip alone to bypass halo & gow in terms of gameplay & general kickas*ery!

It cant end like this?
What in the world is going on?
I refuse to believe it!
its a conspiracy!

Im sorry, but I didnt know before now. Any new rumours out there?

View PostWhereAreMonstersInMyDreams, on May 10 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

-Seriously, that footage was sick! Theres potential in that clip alone to bypass halo & gow in terms of gameplay & general kickas*ery!

Relax, if any game company is thinking the same thing, negotiations with 3DR are probably already happening.

OK there are TWO possibilities:

a) George Broussard decides not to finish and not to publish DNF (very unlikely - to waste so much time invested)
b.) He finds a way to do it, and he does it fast (because of leaks, competition, graphics will be outdated and so on)

IF we are in (a) THEN why isn't the source leaked by a former employee anyway in the end???

What i want to say is that EITHER WAY i am very optimistic that we will see a playable DNF in the end (at least the leaked unfinished version)

This post has been edited by Woodensword: 10 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

I wouldn't jump to conclusions or only believe in two possible outcomes. A lot of things could happen, though everyone's already said a whole bunch of scenarios so all we're ending up doing is preaching to the choir. lol ;)

The only thing I'm optimistic about is the leaked footage having some form of effect. I don't know what the general consensus is around the net but I know the fans basically all loved the footage. What's the reaction at the shack? and other places? If reviews are almost all positive. Some of the people who could make a difference might take action. Or they might not.

User is offline   N64 

this is just a big prank to get people's attention for DNF because DNF is done. is for big hype.

http://randyforsyth.blogspot.com/

the revolution of videogames is coming

stay tuned ;)

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

^
because of a 3d model of a construction worker?

User is offline   Redcard 

It's a decent prototype video.. but let's be honest. Every has said things got cancelled and levels got redone , images got retextured, and the like.

We don't even know if the levels we saw were part of the game anymore. We don't even know if the monsters we saw.

And seriously? Go play some Gears2 . It'll look about that good. Or Res2.

Nothing really speaks to me that says this is a different type of FPS. That's what I liked Duke3d for. But back then, it was easy to be innovative. Now, not so much.

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options