Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Forever Media - Duke4.net Forums

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Media

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostRellik, on May 10 2009, 05:04 PM, said:

Actually Manhattan Project IIRC, In fact, I noticed a quality difference in the various Duke lines, seems some may have been placeholders from Duke3d until better versions could be recorded.

Most of the sounds are from Time To Kill, I am ripping most of them as we speak.

User is offline   ryche 

There's a lot of cool stuff in that video. Obvious clipping issues with the pigs climbing the shack but honestly, I wouldn't care if they just released a damn demo ;) ;)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Ive been screwing around with ImTOO HD Video Converter.

The video @ 720P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   ThePinkus 

View Postryche, on May 9 2009, 10:44 PM, said:

There's a lot of cool stuff in that video. Obvious clipping issues with the pigs climbing the shack but honestly, I wouldn't care if they just released a damn demo ;) ;)

Yeah, I'd love to play the Dam.

I mean, a majority of the content shown (excluding this video) are from the Dam. Like the Jace Hall stuff, one of the small thumbnail pics, etc etc.

Plus, I wanna see the infestation in action.

User is offline   ryche 

I like how the little icons for the nightvision, holoduke, roids, and something else show up at the bottom left corner but then go away to free up more screen for action.

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postryche, on May 10 2009, 01:44 PM, said:

Yeah, anything playable would be fine by me.

A 4 Level Shareware Like Shadow Warrior would be perfect.

User is offline   deltaphc 

What makes that "720p" version any better than just playing the original video at fullscreen? ;)

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postdeltaphc, on May 10 2009, 01:53 PM, said:

What makes that "720p" version any better than just playing the original video at fullscreen? ;)

The fact that you can say it's 720p. ;)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

and file size is bigger ;)

Youtube video down due to a terms of use violation ;)

This post has been edited by zchri9: 09 May 2009 - 09:55 PM

I'm honestly wondering what a single 'beta' or something like "preview", instead of calling it a demo, would hurt if they released one.

I mean, surely there's at least 15 minutes worth of gameplay that's extremely polished that has action in it and some weapons.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postzchri9, on May 10 2009, 05:54 PM, said:

and file size is bigger :D

Youtube video down due to a terms of use violation ;)

Ive changed mine to private for the time being because I just saw that. ;)

User is offline   ryche 

I'm not surprised...youtube was pretty quick to take it down. I wonder how they know it was violating anything ;)

Joe perhaps? ha ha

Sound's like George might be saying no

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostThePinkus, on May 10 2009, 01:56 PM, said:

I'm honestly wondering what a single 'beta' or something like "preview", instead of calling it a demo, would hurt if they released one.

I mean, surely there's at least 15 minutes worth of gameplay that's extremely polished that has action in it and some weapons.

Exactly, I mean they don't owe us anything, but I mean a lot of us have been hanging on DNFs every word since it appeared in the 199x PC Gamer.

And polished or not, I've played plenty of Previews/Demos that were not the utmost quality.

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 09 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

Just give me that hallway in the very last scene, where Duke is using the shotgun, and that'd be enough

User is offline   ryche 

I doubt George is up this late. Remember...he is pushing beyond 40. People get tired around 8pm at that age ;)

(mocking my own parents btw, I'm not really serious.)

Looking at that Pig animation again, the plunger one, it looks more like he's pulling on a rope

I mean, the other Pig animations also seem to be tugging away at a rope, so I'd think it was a group of them tugging at something

Now, just what were they tugging at...?

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostThePinkus, on May 10 2009, 02:02 PM, said:

Looking at that Pig animation again, the plunger one, it looks more like he's pulling on a rope

I mean, the other Pig animations also seem to be tugging away at a rope, so I'd think it was a group of them tugging at something

Now, just what were they tugging at...?

Tug O War Mode Confirmed? Yeah, I was gonna say that, but Toilet plunger sounds more Duke Like. ;)

Ryche The Dominator Sanchez said:

I doubt George is up this late. Remember...he is pushing beyond 40. People get tired around 8pm at that age

Yeah, but he'll be up at the crack of dawn don't forget. ;)

User is offline   ryche 

I was always thinking that the pig was tugging rope. Oh well.

I wonder what kind of gun that was that Duke used on the first boss that shot the blue shit out. Looked cool. Freeze ray or something else?

User is offline   ryche 

NM, I re-watched it, pausing as I went...they were rockets of some sort.

Well...the blue explosions....freeze rockets? Aw hell, I dunno. ;)

This post has been edited by ryche: 09 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

I was wondering. Could Duke 4 have started out you fighting the Cycloid Emperor? I mean, what other reasonable explanation is there for you to fight it in a stadium again?

I could see it as you fight it with maybe only the devastator, kill it, you kick its eye out, and then a UFO comes and abducts you, you escape, get flown off somehow, flip it off, lose your weapons as your falling, and then the game REALLY kicks off "4 hours later..." with you only having your fists, running through the EDF headquarters as Pigs take over.

What I think from the footage.

This post has been edited by ThePinkus: 09 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Youtube is starting to be flooded with the video.
Posted Image

User is offline   ryche 

At 2:26 - 2:38ish you can see the water at Duke's feet running...it looks tight.

This post has been edited by ryche: 09 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

User is offline   ryche 

Pinkus - Sounds as about as logical as any guess. I'd buy it! ;)

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

Yeah, I'd place my vote on freezer, I don't see why the battlelord would just let you climb it otherwise. Then Duke slapped him to wake him back up. lol

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Bryan Brewers site has been updated.

For a link to my most recent work, shoot me an e-mail so i can send you a link.

He'd let you climb him, because you knocked him down with enough damage, which would let you trigger a quick time event (as in, mash on space bar) and judging by him having 3 of those horns, you probably had to at least do it 3 times to kill him.

Standard boss fight mechanic.

User is offline   ryche 

Yeah, it reminds me of the Wii version of Force Unleashed...I didn't play any other version but I'm assuming they all had the mechanic of if you did something you then had the option of smashin certain buttons when asked to do stuff.

User is offline   ryche 

ZChri - Actually he's site has said that all day. Probably even prior.

User is offline   Ramen4ever 

View PostThePinkus, on May 9 2009, 10:19 PM, said:

He'd let you climb him, because you knocked him down with enough damage, which would let you trigger a quick time event (as in, mash on space bar) and judging by him having 3 of those horns, you probably had to at least do it 3 times to kill him.

Standard boss fight mechanic.

Makes sense as well but it's hard to buy the "battlelord's so hurt he doesn't even try to stop you from ripping his spike/horn out" routine.

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options