• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Forever Media

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

uhh did this just crash the 3DR forum? haha

User is offline   deltaphc 

Nah, the 3DR forums have nightly backups that require it to go offline for around 10 minutes. It's back now.

This post has been edited by deltaphc: 09 May 2009 - 08:40 PM

No, it's normal for the forums to go down at 11:30-11:40 (AM and PM) central time to allow a backup to run.

User is offline   ThePinkus 

Is the forum on the new server yet?

If yes, then I could imagine any small thing crashing the server

If not, then it's highly probable.

User is offline   Mack 

Great footage! Love the various forms of pigcops (carnal, armoured, etc.), full body awareness, envriroments, animations, everythis is top notch.

www.williamgeegallery.com/dnf.zip

User is offline   Jinroh 

When I saw the footage I was like, *Duke Voice* Holy Sh|t!.

I really want this sumbitch now.

AWESOME JOB 3DR GUYS! You really defined next-gen Duke. Even if I can't play it I'm proud as hell just for seeing your hard work.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I need a sound wizard who can extract Duke's NEW one-liners (such as "Makin' Bacon!" and "I could do this ALL day!") without audible background music. Me and other modders could make good use of those sounds!

EDIT: My mistake, nevermind!

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 09 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

William Gee, Thats the video right?

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View PostDeeperThought, on May 9 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

I need a sound wizard who can extract Duke's NEW one-liners (such as "Makin' Bacon!" and "I could do this ALL day!"). Me and other modders could make good use of those sounds!

They are from Duke Nukem: Time to kill. If you have the game cd ( I think I have it somewhere) you can rip the sounds with an app really easily.

I believe TerminX ripped some old stuff from the PSX version of Duke3d for his very old mod ;)

I thought Makin bacon was already a Duke 3D original?

Or was it on Duke 64?

User is offline   Jinroh 

View Postzchri9, on May 10 2009, 12:56 PM, said:

Yeah, I DL'd it and it's the same one.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostSteve, on May 9 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

They are from Duke Nukem: Time to kill. If you have the game cd ( I think I have it somewhere) you can rip the sounds with an app really easily.

I believe TerminX ripped some old stuff from the PSX version of Duke3d for his very old mod ;)

I don't have the game, and I don't know where to find the sounds. I will look, thanks.

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View PostThePinkus, on May 9 2009, 09:00 PM, said:

I thought Makin bacon was already a Duke 3D original?

Or was it on Duke 64?

Nope, not in the original nor Duke 64. Time to kill was the only Duke game I remember that from ;)

User is offline   Rellik 

Actually Manhattan Project IIRC, In fact, I noticed a quality difference in the various Duke lines, seems some may have been placeholders from Duke3d until better versions could be recorded.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

William Gee's Mirror added

Thanks for the mirrors guys!

View Postzchri9, on May 9 2009, 09:56 PM, said:

;););)

This post has been edited by William Gee: 09 May 2009 - 10:08 PM

Just seen the video (A few times) - damn i want to play on that game.

User is offline   Nessus 

I'm sure some of you did this already but here's that dark screenshot lightened so you can see the artwork better. Very Prey like.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Nessus: 09 May 2009 - 09:11 PM

User is offline   Kennerado 

• Honored Donor

I just have one question, if Brewer did not upload this yet then HOW did you get it? Do you know him and he sent it to you or something?

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View PostDeeperThought, on May 9 2009, 09:02 PM, said:

I don't have the game, and I don't know where to find the sounds. I will look, thanks.

I'll look around home to see if I can find the CD and get those sound files for you.

User is offline   Steve 

• Honored Donor

View PostRellik, on May 9 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

Actually Manhattan Project IIRC, In fact, I noticed a quality difference in the various Duke lines, seems some may have been placeholders from Duke3d until better versions could be recorded.

Crap man! Yes. Sorry about that. It was DNMP ;)

:FACEPALM:

I wonder how old this video is... It clearly shows that there was a shitload more work to do. Knowing 3D Realms, I'm sure they were still at least another couple of years away from gold. It looked good though. Lots of potential.

View PostKennerado, on May 9 2009, 10:10 PM, said:

I just have one question, if Brewer did not upload this yet then HOW did you get it? Do you know him and he sent it to you or something?

If you emailed him, he would send you the video

He just didn't release it publically (yet)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

I emailed him and didnt get a reply.
All the dictionarys on the site are browsable. (for example - http://media.longhornfusion.net/) So I just went through, found it and downloaded it.
It still hasnt been publicly released.

This post has been edited by zchri9: 09 May 2009 - 09:23 PM

View PostNonSequitur, on May 9 2009, 10:16 PM, said:

I wonder how old this video is... It clearly shows that there was a shitload more work to do. Knowing 3D Realms, I'm sure they were still at least another couple of years away from gold. It looked good though. Lots of potential.

I would have to guess fairly new.

I mean, there's a clip of the animation itself, and then the animation in the game (like the pigcop climbing and jumping over the house with a destroyed roof, and then it shows the actual ingame version)

Probably new to show off the work he did

User is offline   Jinroh 

Dude at 00:28 is that footage of a Pig Cop plunging a toilet animation?

I thought he was doing something like mining-ish or something.

But what you say makes a LOT more sense

User is offline   Jinroh 

View PostThePinkus, on May 10 2009, 01:35 PM, said:

I thought he was doing something like mining-ish or something.

But what you say makes a LOT more sense

Yeah, I can't think of what else it would be unless he's stabbing something on the ground with a spear...but no.

PIG COP TOILET PLUNGING CONFIRMED!

This post has been edited by Jinroh: 09 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

User is offline   Lead 

View PostThePinkus, on May 9 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

"lol why are there so many unifnished parts for this trailer for the game? What a load of shit they spent 12 years on this and still have levels where theres no textures. why would they want to hype us all with such a bad official trailer lame"

The textureless scenes in the trailer weren't video taken from the game. Those were most obviously taken in editing software where the animations were created. If you want the refresh rate in the view ports to go at a decent speed then you turn off as much as possible. If you are going to animate something interacting with the game environment you kind of need some geometry in there to work with.

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options