Duke4.net Forums: error building eduke32 from SVN on OSX - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

error building eduke32 from SVN on OSX

I'm attempting to compile eduke32 from SVN on MacOS 10.10. I grabbed build 5903. I have xcode command line tools installed, I installed libsdl2 and libvpx via macports, all was fine and dandy with that. However when I run the "make" command, it terminates after some compiling with the following error:

Pastebin for compile error

I saw in This Thread that the problem had been fixed as of r3958, however the problem appears to have cropped up again. I tried applying the patch in that thread, but just trying to apply the patch fails

any help with this is appreciated

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Fixed.

View PostHendricks266, on 26 March 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

Fixed.

thanks I can conform that both eduke32 and mapster32 both compile on OSX 10.10 in build 5904.

However when running eduke32 I get the following Error

• Weaponized Autism

View PostGreatSudoku, on 26 March 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

However when running eduke32 I get the following Error

You need to run the .app bundle that is created, which contains the nib file in question.

In the future I plan to rewrite the startup window to work entirely programmatically, so this is no longer required.

View PostHendricks266, on 26 March 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

You need to run the .app bundle that is created, which contains the nib file in question.

In the future I plan to rewrite the startup window to work entirely programmatically, so this is no longer required.

Thanks for the explanation. When launching the .app, I get brief flash of the startup window then it disappears. When I try to run the eduke32 via command-line from within the .app/Contents/MacOS folder I get the following Error

• Weaponized Autism

Compile the app `make RELEASE=0` so that the build has debug information. The game works on my machine.

User is offline   rhoenie 

View PostGreatSudoku, on 26 March 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Thanks for the explanation. When launching the .app, I get brief flash of the startup window then it disappears. When I try to run the eduke32 via command-line from within the .app/Contents/MacOS folder I get the following Error

This is how you prepare your OS X system to compile and run EDuke32 (tested and confirmed working on a vanilla Yosemite installation):

• Install XCode from App Store and the commandline tools:
$ xcode-select --install

• Install MacPorts for Yosemite

• Install needed dependancies:
$ sudo port install libSDL2 -x11
$ sudo port install libvpx
$ sudo port install libsdl2_mixer 

• Check out EDuke32 sources from SVN:
$ svn co  http://svn.eduke32.com/eduke32/  eduke32

• Change into eduke32 directory and compile like this:
$ SDL_FRAMEWORK=0 WITHOUT_GTK=1 OSX_STARTUPWINDOW=1 LTO=0 RELEASE=1 CPLUSPLUS=1 CLANG=1 PRETTY_OUTPUT=0 make

• You will get these two application bundles:
drwxr-xr-x    3 rhoenie  staff      102 27 Mär 07:38 EDuke32.app
drwxr-xr-x    3 rhoenie  staff      102 27 Mär 07:39 Mapster32.app

Done.

And here is a little extra to make it look more pretty:

$ sips -s format png rsrc/game.bmp --out EDuke32.app/Contents/Resources/game.png

• Run game:
$ open EDuke32.app

Attached Image: Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 08.05.59.PNG

:)

P.S.: I noticed that the game is having troubles running fullscreen on my machine - windowed mode worked fine, tho.

This post has been edited by rhoenie: 26 March 2015 - 11:19 PM

Thanks for your help, both of you. I think my error was not giving linsdl2 the -x11 flag when compiling. Removed it reinstalled it with the flag, and the binary now runs. Yippie! I noticed svn the build number has reverted from 5904 to 5103, is this intentional?

Still having issues getting the HRP to be recognized, I do have the files residing in ~/Library/Application Support/Eduke32/autoload as zips. tried copying the whole autoload folder to ~/.eduke32/autoload and still no dice. Tried copying the autoload folder into the .app/Contents/Resources folder with no luck as well. Tried setting the value of Polymer in ~/.eduke32/eduke32.cfg to 1, nothing, don't get the pull down menu option for "game" on the launch window.

This is my eduke32.cfg

this is my log output from running the app via command line

User is offline   rhoenie 

View PostGreatSudoku, on 27 March 2015 - 07:23 AM, said:

Still having issues getting the HRP to be recognized, I do have the files residing in ~/Library/Application Support/Eduke32/autoload as zips.
[...]
This is my eduke32.cfg

You just need to change a single line in eduke32.cfg:

NoAutoLoad = 0

View Postrhoenie, on 27 March 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

You just need to change a single line in eduke32.cfg:

NoAutoLoad = 0

Thanks rhoenie! HRP is working for me now. Just one more hurdle to climb and that's getting DukePlus working with the HRP.

I've set the following line of code in eduke32.cfg in both ~/.eduke32/ as well as ~/Library/Application Support/EDuke32/

ModDir = "/Users/sudoku/Library/Application Support/EDuke32/DukePlus/"

I've tried launching the game with and without the -JDukePlus flag with no luck. Any suggestions?

EDIT:
I got this to work with DukePlus by using the command line parameter
eduke32 -game_dir DukePlus

for some reason the -j flag wasn't cutting it. Thanks for all your help again

This post has been edited by GreatSudoku: 28 March 2015 - 06:41 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options