Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

KaiseR Land episode

User is offline   supergoofy 

KaiseR Land episode v1.0 (May 8, 2009).

http://www.mediafire...php?mexejqmm4im

http://file2upload.n...R_Land.rar.html

I have converted to an episode the KaiseR Land maps 1, 2 and 3. All textures/skyboxes are loaded ok.
Although it was build for Duke3D without HRP, but you can try to include HRP and the EDuke32 Music pack.
No custom code and no custom music is included, just a user.con, the .def files, and the music.def, plus all textures/skyboxes by KaiseR.

I haven't changed the maps or the skyboxes/textures. All files are intact. I included every file, even the txt files. The only thing that I did was to pack them all together in one pack, create a user.con, a skyboxes.def and a duke3d.def.

It is also compatible with Duke Plus, so you can enjoy the maps with much pleasure.

All credits go to KaiseR. He is the original creator of the maps.

usage: eduke32 -jKaiseR_Land

and for Duke Plus: eduke32 -jKaiseR_Land -game_dir DukePlus -hdukeplus.def -xKaiseRLandPlus.con

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 13 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

User is offline   eddym4814 

Thanks for putting this together. Downloading now.

Don't forget to download KaiseRLandPlus.con from the attachment in my first post if you want to play with Duke Plus.

KaiseR Land episode will not work with SD_Duke mod. There are conflicts with Tiles020.ART and Tiles021.ART.

It works fine though with HRP, EDuke32 Music Pack and Duke Plus. There are no conflicts with Duke Plus.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 13 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

View Postsupergoofy, on May 10 2009, 03:48 AM, said:

Don't forget to download KaizeRLandPlus.con from the attachment in my first post if you want to play with Duke Plus.

KaiseR Land episode will not work with SD_Duke mod. There are conflicts with Tiles020.ART and Tiles021.ART.

It works fine though with HRP, EDuke32 Music Pack and Duke Plus. There are no conflicts with Duke Plus.

I downloaded that file too. By the way I have been making map paks using series of maps some authors made. I have been including the original maps with BAT and CON files so they can be played as a mini episode. The ones I have done have not included any additional ART or CON files so all I had to do was edit the MAP and LEVEL names in the CON. I checked my to do list and I had the KaiseR Land maps on it with a note that the DEF files needed to be edited. Since I have not edited DEF files before I just skipped over it. There were two more I skipped over also, Lem 1 to 4 and Anarchy City 1 to 3. If you get a chance would you take a look at them? They can be found at The DNR Site. The Lem maps were make by Enric Alvarez and the Anarchy City maps by Aymeric Nocus. Thanks, Eddy.

I don't have the time now, but I will look into them.

View Postsupergoofy, on May 11 2009, 02:55 AM, said:

Thank you. Eddy

View Postsupergoofy, on May 11 2009, 08:55 AM, said:

Thank you very much for putting this episode together supergoofy! It is really great fun playing this and it helps to forget DNF for a while.

Well, I might have to remove it. Maybe the author of the maps doesn't like this. I sent him a p.m. and waiting for response.

Read the comments there: http://dukerepositor...ic,12.1155.html

They have a point. Thus I will not do any similar thing. I want to avoid misunderstandings and I don't have the time to ask for permission every user that created the maps.

Also I did a type mistake: I named the file KaizeRLandPlus.con , but it should be KaiseRLandPlus.con. Sorry, but that's an addon con file not included in the main pack.

This post has been edited by supergoofy: 12 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

View Postsupergoofy, on May 13 2009, 01:10 AM, said:

Well, I might have to remove it. Maybe the author of the maps doesn't like this. I sent him a p.m. and waiting for response.

Read the comments there: http://dukerepositor...ic,12.1155.html

They have a point. Thus I will not do any similar thing. I want to avoid misunderstandings and I don't have the time to ask for permission every user that created the maps.

Also I did a type mistake: I named the file KaizeRLandPlus.con , but it should be KaiseRLandPlus.con. Sorry, but that's an addon con file not included in the main pack.

Okay. Thanks anyway. What I was doing before was to put the original map zip files in a folder, as is, and include another zip that contained a CON and BAT file that could be used if the person wanted to play the maps as an episode. That way they had the choice of playing each map separately, as intended, or if they preferred playing as an episode they could. I did not think there would be a problem doing that because I was not modifying the original maps zip files in any way. I would not want to offend any of the map authors so if anyone does have a problem with it I will remove them from my site.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options