User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

On steam workshop for Megaton with description and photos Turok 2 workshop
Also on CGS http://www.scent-88....T/tur2/tur2.php

Well hope you can enjoy :)
Attached Image: Turok2.png

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 02 December 2014 - 11:50 AM

User is online   zykov eddy 

2014 is truly a good year for Duke 3D mapping. Downloading!

• Turok Nukem

Yeah I agree 2014 has been really fun for Duke 3D so far and it's not over yet one hole month left ;P

User is offline   MetHy 

Very nice map, played on CGS and found 4/7 secrets, took me 20mins.

Your skills are quickly improving in terms of architecture, texturing and shading. It's also impressive that you make so many maps so quickly.
I really loved the atmosphere of the map, it was rather unique for a Duke3D map and well executed. It's good to see things more original and something other than "XXXXth city map".

I was expecting some water puzzles, or at least a more water-oriented map, when I saw the title "Water temple", but even if the result wasn't like my expectations I liked it a lot.

I don't even have much to complain about, I even liked the new sounds (and the music fit perfectly), the only thing about the 2 secrets I found behind cracks I had to explode, they really didn't feel like secrets (the cracks were very obvious, even sticked out due to their shade value and that they weren't semi transparent) and noone would miss them.

And yeah 2014 kicks ass

This post has been edited by MetHy: 28 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

• Turok Nukem

Thanks I am glad you liked it I agree with your comment to, some of the secrets was easy but if you find them all certain ones will really make up for the ones easy to find.

• Turok Nukem

Made a seperate DM version of the map also Turok2 Dm on steam

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Those big columns in the picture could use some shading. There's a mapster function that shades them automatically.

• Turok Nukem

View PostMicky C, on 28 November 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

Those big columns in the picture could use some shading. There's a mapster function that shades them automatically.

i know you always look at pictures and through mapster32 but I encourage you try play it this time I tried do some good shading throughout the map especially in the hallways. But I do I agree even more shading make it even better on that part in the picture but it's all another learning situation for me I do my shading all by hand and may miss some things but learn on missing them. Don't know how to use any kind of auto shading yet but even I look back on it and see some things I could do but it weird happens only after release.

User is offline   JoJo the Idiot Circus Boy 

• Steven Shitlord

This map is really fun, I also love the dm part of it as well Holo Duke was a lol moment didn't see it coming.

• Turok Nukem

View PostDuke64 Galactic Alliance, on 28 November 2014 - 11:30 PM, said:

This map is really fun, I also love the dm part of it as well Holo Duke was a lol moment didn't see it coming.

heheh 3 holo dukes that are all out of ass right there

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMicky C, on 28 November 2014 - 10:41 PM, said:

What Mapster function?

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 28 November 2014 - 11:23 PM, said:

I tried do some good shading throughout the map especially in the hallways.

I think this map looks a lot more solid than your previous ones, there was something about Turok 1 and the "Doom" map that made them look... "not solid", but here it's much better. I think it's a mix between proper texturing, shading, architecture and scale.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 29 November 2014 - 06:35 AM

• Honored Donor

First make any wall in a loop the lightest shade you want. Then make the last wall in the loop the darkest shade you want. Now place the mouse cursor over the wall that you want to be the lightest and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter.

http://infosuite.duk..._mapster32_keys

I've never used it myself though.

• Turok Nukem

View PostMicky C, on 29 November 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

http://infosuite.duk..._mapster32_keys

I've never used it myself though.

That is quite interesting never knew of it seems pretty useful, maybe I could experiment with it to try and get it down. Swear is like I learn something new about mapster32 everyday and in my opinion that's a great thing just means there's many ways to go about doing things with it.

View PostMetHy, on 29 November 2014 - 05:57 AM, said:

I think this map looks a lot more solid than your previous ones, there was something about Turok 1 and the "Doom" map that made them look... "not solid", but here it's much better. I think it's a mix between proper texturing, shading, architecture and scale.

Thanks means alot, at first when I started this map had no idea how to compete with Turok 1. As I went along I started thinking I don't think Turok 1 can compete with this one :) Had alot to do with gameplay for me. Turok 1 was a continue forward kind of map, only thing keeping it from being completely linear is how often the scene changed when this one is surely not the same type.

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 29 November 2014 - 04:28 PM

User is offline   JMW 

Duke, you and I ran a coop yesterday and I had only seen about half of the map up until then.
I like the detail and length of the map. Anyone looking for a good map that will last a bit should grab this.
Good use of cards and doors as well. Many secret areas to discover too!
Nice job!!!

• Turok Nukem

Well can watch video of it instead playing now show how beat my map difficulty come get some

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 01 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

• Steven Shitlord

Really Awesome Walk though Duke64

• Turok Nukem

Thanks son :)

• Steven Shitlord

Welcome Dad

• Turok Nukem

Thought I would post this here on my map if anybody give 2 craps hehe this is probably going to be my best map and although I am finishing up Turok 3 I hate to admit it but it's not going to be as good as this one. I say that only because I don't have the time anymore no need to explain my situation on why, but my time is cut in half and that's like cutting a quarter in half don't know if you will have 12 or 13 cents left. I plan to finish up what I have before everything happens which is a few different maps but at the least I can promise Turok 3 will be released the least I know is steam users will be happy for that.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 07 December 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Thought I would post this here on my map if anybody give 2 craps hehe this is probably going to be my best map and although I am finishing up Turok 3 I hate to admit it but it's not going to be as good as this one. I say that only because I don't have the time anymore no need to explain my situation on why, but my time is cut in half and that's like cutting a quarter in half don't know if you will have 12 or 13 cents left. I plan to finish up what I have before everything happens which is a few different maps but at the least I can promise Turok 3 will be released the least I know is steam users will be happy for that.
I haven't got around to Turok 2 yet, so I'm looking forward to playing both, 2+3, soon. :)

• Turok Nukem

Well thanks hope when you have the time you can enjoy. Excuse me if what I say^ comes off as dickbag kid trying get attention and now bumping threead againI assure that not the case here. Things are surely bending out of shape for me here I guess I am just pretty sad mapping is such a great hobby I absolutely love it probably more then a human should. I really enjoy people not knowing who I am and just thinking I am Duke64 so it's not for the fame. To clarify the steam statement I always hope the users here enjoy my maps to!! but it's just that no matter what for some reason steam community responds big. Sometimes I think that makes other mappers dislike me and well that's sad to cuz all I ever did was try to support them by rating the map up maybe adding to favorites and sometimes even commenting/making a video

This post has been edited by Duke64Nukem: 07 December 2014 - 07:53 PM

User is offline   Merlijn 

I have only played the first half of the level, and I must say I'm really impressed by the terrain work!
WIll finish it later and give you more feedback.

User is offline   StarNukem 

View PostDuke64Nukem, on 07 December 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

...Sometimes I think that makes other mappers dislike me and well that's sad to cuz all I ever did was try to support them by rating the map up maybe adding to favorites and sometimes even commenting/making a video...

I know who that was targeted to..

• Honored Donor

A lot of the active mappers I know create maps for the joy of creating maps, rather than for any kind of public response. One of my favourite maps, which had amazing design, uploaded it to a website that had nothing to do with Duke, and has in the description "this is just something I made so that I have something to play". It's a real piece of art. Your earlier maps like Duke City are pretty overrated since most mappers here can make something like that within a 24 hour period, but since then both of you have really improved your skills and are aiming higher which is nice to see.

• Turok Nukem

I wasn't targeting you but okay there isn't just one person if you like to openly admit you have a problem there fine, and it's not about public response more so being intentionally ignored a bit because of something and also not knowing that something leaving you guessing which can imagine with the confusion most likely not a good thing. I could easily be the mapper with 0 response I would of made the same exact maps I made world could hate it I still would of made it just because well mapping has been a release for me. I have ghost town my first map but wouldn't really consider it over rated at 4 stars 135 ratings that actually isn't that much compared to the over rated maps I had an update for that a week after release and I believe it made it bearable a lot of people seem to actually like it I could call that my "vanilla map" I guess lol

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Don't worry about what some people think of your maps bud, you're a good dude and make fantastic maps. It's only natural progression to try and "1-up" your previous creations, meaning you're only going to get better at it. Just keep mapping for the love/fun of it because ultimately that's what it's all about. You have great ideas so keep'em coming. It's a pleasure having you on these forums and in the build world in general.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Robman: 08 December 2014 - 11:49 PM

• Turok Nukem

Thanks Robman I think to a community trying to grow . I always made maps with the mindset as long as 1 of my friends likes it then I am good to go. But your encouragement has spoken to me thanks alot and 2 days ago I realized that this is literally my year anniversary map. I have been mapping for a year now and well that kind of tells me I have a long way to go xD I appreciate everything though I cant wait to see the next group project and hope I will be involved but I would wait till next year for anyone to thinking to make mod or episode xD because of "Duke Hard" already wins 2014

User is online   ck3D 

the link on CGS seems to be broken right now so i'll have to postpone playing this map for now. but i just went through this thread and a few others in which you had posted. man, you seem to be taking the steam / workshop community way too seriously. i appreciate your concern about all those little things, if anything it just shows that you are a passionate mapper and taking everything to heart ; but i think it would do you good to just focus on the joys of mapping, the act itself, and not so much on the feedback you are getting on the steam website. as an example, i have been mapping for 15 years myself and i don't even have a steam account. i just enjoy mapping for what it is, occasionally use message boards such as this one to share my work whenever i get something done and i am perfectly content with everything, including the feedback i am getting. some people like the map i'm releasing, others don't, you get to hear the reasons why and use them in order to improve your future work and all is good in the world really.

i was on CGS literally two minutes ago to try and download your map (will try again soon as soon as the link works again). you've been making some of my favorite maps to come out this year. turok 1 and foreverdoom were solid releases, meanstreets and painkiller have been waiting in my queue for a good while but are some of those maps i can't wait to give a shot at, and i just realized you also made wangnukem which i really enjoyed (despite it being an older map of yours) a few months ago. you released more maps this year than most people do in their entire mapping 'career', and they were all quality. you're doing your part in keeping the community alive - what's there to blame ? fuck front pages and ratings, honestly. just keep doing what you're doing, you are good at it too and people enjoy your stuff !

edit - got the map to work. will post feedback in a few

This post has been edited by ck3D: 13 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

User is online   ck3D 

just completed the map. took me 25 mins, found 4 secrets (missed 3), 100% kills. that was your best map by far so far. the lack of consistency i could feel in some spots of your previous maps such as turok 1 or foreverdoom is now gone. the design is rather terrific with all the terrain work, good texture and palette selection and those pretty trees everywhere. environment seemed a lot more believable (rather than just boxy rooms in disguise, which was how turok 1 felt to me), that temple and those underwater sections looked really good as well ! kudos on the aesthetics.

now the map played really well too, ammo / monster / health ratio and placement were spot on. the progression felt logical and the button / card hunt didn't feel too forced or out of place, everything had good pacing and flow. i also really enjoyed the firefights, and again all those (simple, yet efficient) respawn tricks you found the time to implement (holes in the walls and such) which i already really liked in foreverdoom. the map was fairly long too ! part of me expected it to be almost over by the time i was just in front of the temple's gates - boy i was wrong !

loved the great amount of secret places as well. managed to get my hands on the most powerful weapons quite early on, which came in handy towards the end of the map, where i found myself just blazing through the last hallways using the RPG and shrinker in full force.

really enjoyed that map. looking forward to the next installment !

User is offline   Merlijn 

Finished the map - I pretty much agree with ck3d. The outdoor sections are excellent, the temples look very good too.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options