Duke4.net Forums: Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens - Duke4.net Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens

The seventh episode in the series, takes place 30 years after Return of the Jedi, following all the original characters including new characters.

I for one am excited for this, can't do much worse than what has already been done. I believe JJ Abrams knows he needs to live up to expectations, so maybe this one will be good.

Teaser trailer has also been released today

This post has been edited by Blake: 28 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

That lightsaber design makes it look like a fanfic.

This post has been edited by Kathy: 28 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

View PostKathy, on 28 November 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

That lightsaber design makes it look like a fanfic. Also, your url starts video from the 27th second.

I apologize, my browser was giving me problems.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostKathy, on 28 November 2014 - 09:18 AM, said:

That lightsaber design makes it look like a fanfic.

Posted Image

User is online   Sangman 

Lame teaser.

So ridiculous. Lightsaber is the stupidest thing I've ever seen. If they needed inspiration they should have gone with the Jedi Knight arc because to me that was the most accurate portrayal of life post-Empire.

I would rather subject myself to the prequels because it FELT like Star Wars, at the very least.

They should have named this movie "Star Wars: The Hipster Awakens".

So disappoint.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostCoryyne, on 28 November 2014 - 03:22 PM, said:

If they needed inspiration they should have gone with the Jedi Knight arc because to me that was the most accurate portrayal of life post-Empire.

There wasn't any story premise showed in the teaser, was it?

The lightsaber looks like something conceived by a kid.

The teaser showed nothing and meant nothing, but as always the nerds and fanboys will say it was super awesome and JJ Abrams is a god.

User is offline   Fox 

A sword's crossguard exists to prevent the wielder hand from reaching the blade. It seems extremely retarded to have a "sharp" crossguard.

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View PostFox, on 29 November 2014 - 02:04 AM, said:

It seems extremely retarded to have a "sharp" crossguard.
My first thought...otherwise that teaser feels like: "You'll get what you expect, maybe not as bad as last time."

User is offline   Mark 

In the opening desert scene and the voice mentioning an "awakening" instantly reminded me of the Dune series by Frank Herbert... The sleeper has awakened.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMark., on 29 November 2014 - 06:23 AM, said:

In the opening desert scene and the voice mentioning an "awakening" instantly reminded me of the Dune series by Frank Herbert... The sleeper has awakened.

The Cumberbatch has awakened.

Yeah, that saber is retard-o-dumb, but then again I found the dual beam saber and general grievous spinny sabers to be utterly stupid too.

The rest of the teaser doesn't look bad though.

User is offline   Cage 

Phew. Never really been a fan of Star Wars, so I don't have to be butthurt about the "cross-saber" or the Millennium Falcon's engines looking "wrong". The old trilogy did grow on me a little during the last few years. I've also liked the part 3 of the new ones (Which from what I know, has a pretty strong love/hate opinion?)

Visual wise looks really well made, but nowadays every big budget movie looks good.

So yeah, we'll see, for me it's just another space sci-fi flick. Not a fan of JJ Abrams as well - this guy has just too many ridiculous ideas IMO.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostCage, on 30 November 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

So yeah, we'll see, for me it's just another space sci-fi flick.

It's more of a fantasy than sci-fi.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostDuke of Hazzard, on 29 November 2014 - 12:49 AM, said:

The teaser showed nothing and meant nothing, but as always the nerds and fanboys will say it was super awesome and JJ Abrams is a god.

Not at all what I'm hearing. The vast majority of fanboys I'm hearing from are screaming bloody murder, mainly with an unhealthy fixation on the light-claymore.

User is offline   Kathy 

User is offline   Malgon 

^Haha, I was just about to post that! :)

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Would it even be possible to make a new Star Wars movie that all fanboys would like?

User is offline   Hazzardous 

View PostMicky C, on 01 December 2014 - 12:46 AM, said:

Would it even be possible to make a new Star Wars movie that all fanboys would like?

No. It's impossible because all fanboys have different views of what should or shouldn't be done.
You can please one group, while displeasing another group.

Interestingly, though, George Lucas found a way to upset both sides with his re-edits and whatnot. Maybe JJ here will have better luck.

As for the trailer, I thought it looked good enough. Not bothered by the lightsaber at all, but that's just me.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

The best thing I've seen come out of this teaser yet:

Attached Image: droidslookingfor.jpg

The lightsaber is stupid, really. I mean, it's neat for eye-candy, but completely impractical. The saber's beam also doesn't look like as stable or constant as the old sabers did. Maybe that's more realistic, but I still prefer the old style.

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I had read someone talking about the saber being made from a less pure focus crystal (is that what they are called) so that's why the beam isn't as solid (Sith aren't in power so it might be harder to obtain the crystals for them or something?), and the crossguard might actually be exhaust ports for energy release to keep the beam from overheating or exploding or something like that.

Also

3:10

User is offline   Lunick 

Posted Image

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Posted Image

User is offline   Malgon 

Haha, those lightsaber changes are hilarious! :)

User is offline   Rellik 

Posted Image
Posted Image

User is offline   Fox 

The first one is actually really cool.

User is offline   Malgon 

User is offline   Fox 

Chewbacca should look like this:

Posted Image

User is offline   Malgon 

Posted Image
http://www.ana-sw.co...ml#aboutProject

For when too much Star Wars is barely enough!

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

That "Swiss Army Light Saber" is FREAKIN hilarious!
LOL!

MrBlackCat

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options