• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duke Nukem Post Thread

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostLazy Dog, on 01 January 2020 - 08:28 PM, said:

Wat.

Doom i get it, TNC maybe, but the rest? Borderlands, COD???? :lol:

Because they're all First Person Shooter I guess, Steam isn't smart enough to know about their difference. :)

User is offline   Kerr Avon 

Playstation Network is even worse; it doesn't differentiate between first person shooters and top down 2D shooters, you just get a one-size-fits-all 'Shooters' category in the 'Select a genre' box.

User is offline   ViDi 

Duke pumpkin
Posted Image
Duke statue
Posted Image

User is offline   Sanek 

Jon St. John just recorded a couple of brand new one-liners as Duke Nukem, all related to the current pandemic:

https://twitter.com/...299559968661504

"I saw you from across the bar. Stay there." It's... perfect.

That the Duke Voice I love and know.

Just came to my attention, Savage Dragon and Spider-Man artist Erik Larsen drew Duke back in the day. ;)

Posted Image
https://imgur.com/8q6RjBD (bigger b&w)

i've seen this pic at least a hundred times and i just realized it's (a reversed) e1m1 from Doom. I'ts written right there, i'm a dumbass.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Lazy Dog: 12 May 2020 - 06:16 PM

User is offline   ViDi 

Posted Image
By Crista Forest. From here.

User is offline   Komenja 

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 02 May 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

Just came to my attention, Savage Dragon and Spider-Man artist Erik Larsen drew Duke back in the day. :)

Woah! I love SD and I've never seen that, nice!

Here's a thing I finished in SFM today.
Posted Image

User is offline   ViDi 

Arabic DNF comic cover

Posted Image

User is offline   ck3D 

Ah yes my favorite Duke 3D enemy, the underground shark.

Nice find!

I was searching for some Duke3D mod around the web and i found this not released yet project:

Lezing's New Generation Art & Qwnz0r Qnw3d

Some lights and effects looks quite interesting, but looking at the videos date is from Oct 29th, 2014, and is in development since 2009, i wonder if it will ever be released?

This post has been edited by The Battlelord: 13 August 2020 - 01:57 PM

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I think Lezing stopped developing on EDuke32 and ported his work over to his own engine.

View PostDanukem, on 13 August 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

I think Lezing stopped developing on EDuke32 and ported his work over to his own engine.

Aw, i was hoping to try out those cute explosions one day, by any chance do you know his engine name please?

User is offline   MrFlibble 

View PostMrFlibble, on 21 April 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

So I started playing the Nova Covert Ops campaign for StarCraft II, and in the first mission, which takes place inside a facility and is more of a homage to Metal Gear Solid than anything, there are medical stations where you can heal Nova, and when using one of those after having her pretty roughed up, Nova said, I needed that, which I think should count as a pretty legitimate Duke Nukem 3D reference.

Here's another Duke3D reference in StarCraft II:
Attached Image: Screenshot2020-08-17 23_16_33.jpg
It is certainly a reference to Duke's line, and not the original line from They Live because of the wording.

User is offline   jkas789 

Turns out there is apparently a Apple specific Easter egg in the Mac port of Duke Nukem 3D. After the guy behind the twitter account of Build Aesthetics made a short video about it, one of the developers behind the port came out and commented about it.

Attached Image: Screenshot_2.jpg

Link to the tweets: 1 2

Huh, yet another tweet from a Duke Nukem 3D dev, this time Joe Siegler:

Attached Image: Screenshot_3.jpg

Link to tweet.

I remember that pic from 3DRealms website (I think?) but in better quality IIRC. And no, I cannot think of the equipment as antiquated (even though it probably is!), it's not our fault that we live in the era of rapid technical progress in the IT department. Thankfully open source software and emulators give us the opportunity to still savour the oldies while fully enjoying the new stuff.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Posted Image

Charming, we need more of these.

Translations of the reviews of first three Duke Nukem games from the officially ended on April 4th "exvideogiocatore" (formergamer) blog, born as self-analysis to see if videogames were good as he remember from an adult anti-nostalgic prospective.
Wasn't sure whether to post these, since for the blog nature, among the reviews are scattered references to personal life anecdotes and strictly Italian things particulary in preambles. Nothing that intrusive anyway.

Duke Nukem/Duke Nukum
Spoiler

Duke Nukem II (review about Major Stryker cutted out)
Spoiler

Duke Nukem 3D
Spoiler

Mark kaminari00 is trying to create (or recreate? Don't know if this beta material for Lameduke exist) a Battlelord with a big spear more similar to his initial concept art.

I've also saw there's Beta Overlord test in the channel, but at the moment he clearly utilized nothing more than one of the sebabdukeboss20 sprites inspired by it.

Voxels god Chello just started to do something special.

And about his work on DOOM, he started to doin' even the walls.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 11 June 2023 - 08:55 AM

User is offline   ck3D 

Not too sure where to post this (I know that happens a lot), but King Mamba just recently did a The Birth playthrough/speedrun on DIG no damage % and it's pretty nuts:

That video is actually pretty impressive.

User is offline   Šneček 

Maybe Duke´s living closer than I think...

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Nepojmenovaný.jpg

User is offline   ck3D 

View PostŠneček, on 23 September 2023 - 04:34 AM, said:

Maybe Duke´s living closer than I think...

Did you try kicking it?

User is offline   Šneček 

View Postck3D, on 23 September 2023 - 04:42 AM, said:

Did you try kicking it?

I'd rather not dare... lest in the next few moments I reveal the true power of Duke's mighty boot kicks when the house door opens...

User is offline   Ninety-Six 

It's probably just a slimer, you'll be fine. Just remember to flail around wildly and eventually you'll hit it

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options