• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duke Nukem Post Thread

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

12 is Ruin. 8 I am guessing Daikarin episode.

User is offline   Lunick 

12. Ruin by Stranger
Posted Image

As for 8. I don't think the map featured in that episode.

User is online   FistMarine 

Well this one seems pretty tough. I knew 5 because it was obvious. 6,7 and 8 look awfully familiar. 2 also looks a bit familiar. 10 must be a DM map but I am not good at guessing the DM maps. Need some hints. :whistling:

6 is probably Wonderful Summer Time by Sanek, 7 is USS Guantanamo and 8 is probably a level from a recently released episode (Death Drive or TamDuke).

User is offline   Lunick 

Sorry, I don't know how I missed your response.

1. Was released in 1997

2. I've posted a map by this author in another thread in the General Discussion forum

4. This might be giving it away too much but it was made by one of the staff members here

6. Wonderfull Summer Time by Sanek
Posted Image

7. USS Guantanamo by HangNail
Posted Image

8. This map seems to have you guys stumped, it was released in 2006

10. This is a Dukematch map and I believe a map of theirs was used in the last guessing game

11. If you can work out who made 8. then you can work out this one

View PostLunick, on 10 March 2016 - 03:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

No problem and I'm happy I guessed 6 and 7 since I wasn't very sure of them but lucky me because I played these maps like 2 years ago. I will try to guess the other ones. I think I know which one is 11 but I can't remember the name of the map and I'm sure it was one where at one point you get locked in a labyrinth and have to press switches in about a minute, otherwise whole area explodes. I wanted to make a thread asking for the name of this map but if it's this one I'm thinking of, then I will also find out the name of the map. :whistling:

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 13 March 2016 - 03:44 AM

User is offline   Jolteon 

View PostLunick, on 12 March 2016 - 11:49 PM, said:

10. This is a Dukematch map and I believe a map of theirs was used in the last guessing game

It's Dk3 by Antoine Bourré. (I probably wouldn't known if it wasn't for the hint :whistling: )

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostJolteon, on 28 March 2016 - 05:52 PM, said:

It's Dk3 by Antoine Bourré. (I probably wouldn't known if it wasn't for the hint :whistling: )

Ding ding ding
Posted Image

1. This map was created by two people, one of which is called NOSAJEEL

2. This person made a remake of another map in the Quake thread

4. Mblackwell made it, try asking him lol

8. & 11. The names of these maps could be described as nasty or foul

Forgot about this topic for a while.

Anyway, I know 8 and 11 now. Nasty Flavour and Foul Odour, both made by Steambull. As far as I remember, the former is pretty damn difficult as I always died at least once on it, while the latter is actually somewhat easier. :D

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 31 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

User is offline   VinsaneOne 

Well, here's something you don't see every day....

Attached Image: Arbys Duke.jpg

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I badly want to know the story behind this now.

View PostInspector Lagomorf, on 08 July 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

MBC (my husband) does that sometimes... they ask for your name after the order and they can type anything in. :)
I will try to get him to do it and save the receipt next time. :P He has said Mr Nukem, Duke, Darth Vader, C-3PO and others. They expect it from him now. We don't eat out often, but he has been going to the same Arby's for 20+ years.

CatNapDreams

User is offline   Jolteon 

Attached Image: duke0121.png

Dinner is served!

User is offline   Lunick 

The secret behind Duke Nukem 3D for Sega Genesis http://www.seganerds...r-sega-genesis/

DNF had a very well done pinball machine in the game, say what you will. Could the next Duke Nukem game have a faithful simulation of the classic board game Crossfire? I hope so. Lots of balls of steel there!

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostInspector Lagomorf, on 08 July 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

Duke Nukem went to Arby's. The End. :P

User is offline   Lunick 

Has anyone seen "Taking Boise" before? I was looking at ModDB and this seemed rather odd. The maps are kinda flat but interesting in a way. There's even a map that remakes the first level of Quake Episode 1

Posted Image

A former n-Space cinematics artist posted an image of this Duke Nukem: Time to Kill early milestone disc dated a year before the final release:
https://www.reddit.c...ly_development/

He mentioned the disc still works, and the game, naturally, has a lot of differences from the finished product.

View PostMarphy Black, on 03 October 2016 - 08:49 PM, said:

A former n-Space cinematics artist posted an image of this Duke Nukem: Time to Kill early milestone disc dated a year before the final release:
https://www.reddit.c...ly_development/

He mentioned the disc still works, and the game, naturally, has a lot of differences from the finished product.

So he says.

User is offline   Lunick 

http://ardathlilitu....-Wang-639391238

Posted Image

User is offline   xMobilemux 

User is offline   Loke 

User is offline   Fox 

I believe I found the source of the Chaingun Cannon firing sound effect:

User is offline   Loke 

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://gamebanana.com/skins/133183

Posted Image

Anyone know what font is the ""Duke Nukem 3D/Shadow Warrior 3D", coming soon from 3D Realms Entertainment" typed in?

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostPikaCommando, on 26 October 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

Anyone know what font is the ""Duke Nukem 3D/Shadow Warrior 3D", coming soon from 3D Realms Entertainment" typed in?

Not sure if that even was a font. Might just be pixels placed by hand. A similar font style was used in some full-screen images in Duke Nukem II. That could mean that this font (if it was a font) was probably a bitmap font and not a TrueTypeFont. I think some of the really old pixel drawing programs might have had an option to draw your own font and use it to place text in an image. If it's a custom bitmap font, you probably won't find the original name anywhere.

But that's just my best guess.

This post has been edited by K1n9_Duk3: 26 October 2016 - 09:55 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

It looks similar to the font used for the credits and help screens in Duke 3D, but I would need to look closely to confirm.

User is offline   HMNuke93 

I don't know if this is the right thread to ask, but what's the story of the Plug N' Pray episode? And who the hell is the Cyberkeef?

User is offline   Fox 

The story is that Duke is crossing random popular games / movies references and Cyberkeef is Flavor Flav.

User is offline   K1n9_Duk3 

View PostPikaCommando, on 26 October 2016 - 09:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

Okay, let's over-analyze this thing. This is then ending of Duke Nukem II:

Attached Image: dn2e4end02.png

This is from Duke Nukem 3D:

Attached Image: tile3280.png Attached Image: tile3293.png

And here are some other preview shots:

Attached Image: hocus_000.png Attached Image: hocus_001.png Attached Image: towers_000.png Attached Image: towers_001.png

Most letters are identical in all images, the ones that differ are a, f, l, and D.
The small l has serifs in DN2, all the other versions are sans serif.
The small f in DN2 is only 2 pixels wide, the others are 3 pixels wide.
The capital D in Duke 3D is one pixel wider than all other versions.
The small a varies all over the place. You can even see different versions in the same line of text in the Duke 3D image on the right.

The fact that some letters are identical in all images while others vary makes me very certain that these letters were drawn pixel by pixel at one point. Then they just used some sort of copy & paste to create text from those letters.

User is offline   Lunick 

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options