Duke4.net Forums: The Duke Nukem Post Thread - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Duke Nukem Post Thread

User is offline   Kathy 

That poster obviously didn't make a big deal out of it like you make it sound.

User is offline   X-Vector 

I too played the game for years without recognising the O.J. Simpson references, which may have something to do with the fact that American football is a total fringe sport over here (the only Dutch team of note was the Amsterdam Admirals, which was closed down after the demise of NFL Europe).
Perhaps it's for the better, as I really enjoyed the mystery of those "innocent?" and "guilty!" signs.

User is offline   Kathy 

I only knew O.J. from Naked Gun movies. And of course I never knew Duke3d had something to do with him before reading it on a forum. Only then, I think, I decided to examine what was all the fuss about.

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

I had seen the "White SUV chase/follow around" crap on television so much it was instant when I played Duke 3D the first time... as soon as I saw the "bar TV" I knew the reference instantly. I did not know the references to the Evil Dead movies at the time (just not my thing) so those references were just "something Duke says" to me.

As I played through the game I enjoyed the subtle and not so subtle references like "Thats one DooMed Space Marine" etc...

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 30 November 2014 - 12:44 PM

Even though I find it amusing I must admit that it is cool that people are still finding these things. I mean not everyone who plays Duke Nukem 3D are 25+ :) Cool to see people noticing more than monsters and weapons now a days (Or ze graphics!). You don't see that so often any more..

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Great, for the rest of my left whenever I hear Duke say "Piece of cake" I will think in my head "Piece of crap".

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

Unusual architecture that's actually common in Duke 3D:

Posted Image

User is offline   oasiz 

• Dr. Effector

Duke dystopia? Just roam around "Pasila" in Helsinki.
Literal translation is "Bobville" sort of.

It's a 70s "modern" concrete hell that everybody hates, still, I think that it's a prime source for some 80s / 90s cheesy sci-fi architechture.
Complete with loads of overpasses and sloped paths to enter those, elevators to underground parking lots and whatnot!

Google map: Link

This area is something that I really want to roam around in during the summer to get some inspiration for my utopistic maps.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

X-Vector, on 30 November 2014 - 06:07 AM, said:

I too played the game for years without recognising the O.J. Simpson references, which may have something to do with the fact that American football is a total fringe sport over here (the only Dutch team of note was the Amsterdam Admirals, which was closed down after the demise of NFL Europe).
Perhaps it's for the better, as I really enjoyed the mystery of those "innocent?" and "guilty!" signs.

The fact there was no reference to OJ's eventual arrest for a different crime in DNF was a crime in and of itself to me.

Just wanted to say that Duke 3D Megaton will be one of the free PS Plus games for Vita in January. So not only do I get Duke3D on my vita, but I get it for free!

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I do think that is agood idea for The Best of Duke3d in one package from Duke 3D to Total Meltdown

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

NUKEMDAVE, on 29 January 2015 - 10:31 AM, said:

Oh noes, we've been found out!

message to anyone can you like the post above me thank you

Edit: If Duke64 has online going to kick Duke64Nukem butt on his own turf! or aleast try too

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 29 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

User is offline   Ronin 

Is this for real, if so will Duke 64 have controller support? If so, take my money and all that. Better idea than sliced bread, now imagine if Time to Kill and Zero Hour were in that package even though they are not "Duke Nukem 3D".

I have to laugh at how Duke 3D is still making money and Gearbox Shovelware get nothing, they bet on the wrong dog.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 29 January 2015 - 01:52 PM

Also I forgot to say if this is real please use NukemDave Map Fixes for lifes a beach winter and dc, if it has online support.

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 29 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

• el fundador

If it's not real, I've spent a lot more of the past several months of my life hallucinating than I thought!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

So what's the deal with it? Most of that stuff is already included in Megaton or can be gotten for free. Is there anything that sets it apart?

User is offline   Ronin 

TerminX, on 29 January 2015 - 02:22 PM, said:

If it's not real, I've spent a lot more of the past several months of my life hallucinating than I thought!

Awesome.

@Micky C, a lot of people don't know how to work mods even simple ones. People will pay for convenience. Duke Nukem 64 on pc without having to work a mod will be enough for some.

This post has been edited by Ronan: 29 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

Zero Hour ported to PC would be a really good thing to me. I love Duke3D, but I miss Zero Hour and emulator/on a actual 64 is just too much to handle. I need an actual optimized version.

• el fundador

This teaser actually goes along with an announcement of the Android version on Twitter--this is for that. If there's enough demand we could maybe work out the necessary stuff to upgrade the PC version sold at 3drealms.com to the HTTK Collection, but that's up to Fred and friends!

Steven Shipler, on 29 January 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

Also I forgot to say if this is real please use NukemDave Map Fixes for lifes a beach winter and dc, if it has online support.

I'm sure if anything is used, it will be Hendricks' patches. I don't have a problem with my fixes being used, though. I think it would be easier to just compromise and use my fixes rather than create a tool to see what I did. The only problem would be that I didn't do anything to the maps to support the HRP packs.

If they don't want to use those, my Duke Xtreme: Reloaded maps are a potential. :lol:

Hmm...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks really neat on an orange gas plasma screen actually... Unfortunately I don't have hard drive working in here yet and have to wait on an EEPROM programmer before I can do so.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

No map patches will be used whatsoever.

Hendricks266, on 29 January 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

No map patches will be used whatsoever.

ok

No multiplayer confirmed.

I already knew that NukemDave

This post has been edited by Steven Shipler: 29 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

NUKEMDAVE, on 29 January 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:

I'm sure if anything is used, it will be Hendricks' patches.

I'm not sure you understand the primary purpose of the Vaca+ and NW+ patches.

Hendricks266, on 29 January 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

I'm not sure you understand the primary purpose of the Vaca+ and NW+ patches.

I haven't tried them yet, but I've read the descriptions of both of them and took a peek into them not long ago.

I think there are a few legit problems throughout the expansion packs that wouldn't hurt to be patched in this collection, though. Things that don't even have anything to do with multiplayer. Being able to jump over that fence in the first level of Caribbean and not being able to get back over is the first thing that comes to mind. I understand wanting to keep it original, though.

Edit: I didn't see a point in the downvote on my #52 post. Just offering my work to be used in this if it was wanted. I didn't expect there to be an interest in it anyway and wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't already brought up.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 29 January 2015 - 05:45 PM

NUKEMDAVE, on 29 January 2015 - 05:25 PM, said:

I haven't tried them yet, but I've read the descriptions of both of them and took a peek into them not long ago.

I think there are a few legit problems throughout the expansion packs that wouldn't hurt to be patched in this collection, though. Things that don't even have anything to do with multiplayer. Being able to jump over that fence in the first level of Caribbean and not being able to get back over is the first thing that comes to mind. I understand wanting to keep it original, though.

1.Winter eps walls can kill you
2.Duke Sprite is mess up

I really can't remember the rest It been like it been like almost an year since Me and Rose where finding bugs

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options