Duke4.net Forums: [Betas] The Bryaning - Duke4.net Forums

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Betas] The Bryaning  "Split from the main beta thread"

View PostMrFlibble, on 29 October 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

I'll have to disagree here. I'm quite okay with the fact that a closed group of experts does all the meticulous sorting through, analysing and preparing the archives for publication. This is how similar work is done with literature, films and other works of art. This is how this kind of work should be done.

Yeah, besides, TerminX and that other guy have shown that they are more than capable of handling this. I don't think there's anyone else I can trust the task with.

Let's think what would happen if it was released publicly for people to work on. There would be a lot of mockups and fights over claiming that theirs is the real one and stuff, yadda yadda, just like what happened with the HL2 beta community (it got better now though).

I am sure Hendricks266 and TerminX will do a fine job sorting through everything, while they are doing that I will have to be patient. I have a lot of other things to spend my time on, so that is no problem at all :)

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMetHy, on 28 October 2014 - 12:55 AM, said:

I'm not saying this is what I believe or I'd want either, I'm just trying to bring a point of view here that I find perfectly understandable.

User is offline   Kyanos 

hex edit the ART to replace it with a black rectangle of the same dimensions

^ One of the many reasons why I'm not involved in this. These guys are damn good, who else would of even came up with this idea, let alone be able to do it.

View PostTerminX, on 22 May 2009 - 11:15 AM, said:

There are no comments. Working on EDuke32 requires a deep, spiritual connection to Duke Nukem 3D!

^ another reason :)

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Today, someone tried to phish my Facebook email/password in a private IRC message.

<MaverDavid> [fake Facebook link redacted] I'm David Mandricks and i dug out a source code of Duke2 i uploaded it on facebook privately only on URL...

I talked to TX, and he said he got the same thing as a PM on the forums here. Guess who sent it.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That kid is messed up.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostHendricks266, on 30 October 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

I talked to TX, and he said he got the same thing as a PM on the forums here. Guess who sent it.

.... That little psycho xBRYAN2000x?

Bah ... even tho I've expressed my discontent, this goes way beyond what's reasonable.

How about legal steps at this point?

User is offline   Fulsy 

Posted Image

Bryan is the gift that keeps on giving. Just when you think he's outdone himself in regards to doing stupid things, he does something dumber.

I have to admit, Mandricks is a pretty cool surname.

Did you say anything witty to him in reply?

By the way, check out what he's trying to do with the stolen Serious Sam alpha http://www.moddb.com.../serious-sam-99

Posted Image

We don't make games for the money, We even make games for fun.

This is House of the Dead 2 level English.

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 30 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

• Weaponized Autism

He had already disconnected. But the funniest part is that he probably meant to say "David Mavericks", judging by the nick he used (MaverDavid).

LOL @ making DOS games in 2014. The little shit probably thinks it's just modern Windows with a command prompt.

User is offline   Romulus 

This thread was lacking a bit of entertainment, but Bryan seems to have taken care of the problem!

• Weaponized Autism

I went to check the 3DR forums, and this happened.

Posted Image

Appearently the phishing issue you posted on Duke4 wasent me that did the phishing

I'm not the one who started the stuff.

I'm just leaving you a message

Don't believe me?
Go Ahead and ask my mother...

The PM that TX received came from a generic account in a public database similar to Bugmenot. However, the IP address that the PM was sent from matches the very small ISP Bryan uses...

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I would like to ask his mother why she can't control her autistic child.

If he's doxing people, just take the computer away for a while...

This shit isn't rocket science.

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 31 October 2014 - 12:38 AM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

This is boring, what else is on?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Posted Image

What the fuck

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 31 October 2014 - 04:28 PM
Reason for edit: redacted Bryan's photo and full name

why are there people like this

why cant people be more like me

User is offline   Jblade 

Anyway to get hold of his parents or some shit? I mean kids will be kids but when their kid is phoning people on their private numbers and trying to scam people out of account details, they really need to do their fucking job and take the computer away for a while.

woops didn't see there was another page to this thread

This post has been edited by Jblade: 31 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

I know there's plenty to say about this guy, but I'll go ahead and state the obvious:

He's reading all these posts about him and getting a huge thrill from it. The more attention he gets, the more determined he becomes to stir shit up. Rather than feed into this vicious cycle, let's just ignore such classical troll behavior, k?

And yes, I do realize that even me posting this goes against the message I'm conveying, but I felt that somebody needed to say it...

View PostJblade, on 31 October 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

Anyway to get hold of his parents or some shit? I mean kids will be kids but when their kid is phoning people on their private numbers and trying to scam people out of account details, they really need to do their fucking job and take the computer away for a while.

woops didn't see their was another page to this thread

All you need is his IP address (which TX will have) then contact the ISP and report to them that the user of it is phishing and etc.
Legit ISP don't take kindly about this and will normally do something.

• Weaponized Autism

Anyway to get hold of his parents or some shit?

We've been in contact previously with his mother, most recently about the cold-call. But we are drafting a new message.

View PostHendricks266, on 31 October 2014 - 10:15 AM, said:

We've been in contact previously with his mother, most recently about the cold-call. But we are drafting a new message.

Via voice?
I strongly believe he is just typing all these messages impersonating his mum.

View PostDuke Rocks, on 31 October 2014 - 06:41 AM, said:

He's reading all these posts about him and getting a huge thrill from it. The more attention he gets, the more determined he becomes to stir shit up. Rather than feed into this vicious cycle, let's just ignore such classical troll behavior, k?

I agree I kinda don't know what's creepier him cold calling you guys or you guys talking to his mother :/. Just hand it over to the police and let them deal with it, problem solved.

On topic though, wonder what the first build they will release will be, and how interesting it will actually end up being.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 31 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

You're right, it was really creepy when someone claiming to be his mother emailed us.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Yeah kids stop being kids when they start trying to hack into peoples shit.

The damage is too far gone now. Taking the computer away won't fix the shitty personality. He needs to spend some time in Juvi. I'm fucking serious about this, guys. Don't let him get away with that crap. 14 isn't "young." He's old enough that he should know right from wrong. Kids gonna grow up and be a career criminal. A bad one.

Hey, when I was 13 I got arrested, taught me a real lesson even though all I did was spend 6 hours in a piss-soaked cell... It didn't stop me getting arrested for other things later but I didn't commit the same crime again.

Why do people use the word hacking for phishing? That's an insult to the real hackers and elevates script kiddies and such above their real position.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Posted Image

View PostCommando Nukem, on 31 October 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Yeah kids stop being kids when they start trying to hack into peoples shit.

The damage is too far gone now. Taking the computer away won't fix the shitty personality. He needs to spend some time in Juvi. I'm fucking serious about this, guys. Don't let him get away with that crap. 14 isn't "young." He's old enough that he should know right from wrong. Kids gonna grow up and be a career criminal. A bad one.

You're vastly overestimating Bryan's intelligence. He illegally released a Serious Sam: The First Encounter prototype during a public slap fight with a fellow "beta hunter". I say "illegally" because nobody should have the prototype anymore because it contains code that the developers, Croteam, no longer have a licence for.

Bryan also thinks he can code games for DOS when he has zero programming skills (outside of maybe making Hello World! programs). Case in point; last year, he asked someone to hex edit the Shadow Warrior prototype's .exe so that he could add an all-new HUD. Anyone with even a slight amount of information about programming could tell you that's nuts, but he was adament about it. He has clearly shown that all he can do is edit sprites in MS Paint and draw godawful sketches for whatever pipe dream of a game he has in mind in his 9th grade English classes.

If there weren't sites that let a complete moron phish, I guaran-damn-tee you that he wouldn't never tried to phish Hendricks and TX.

Share this topic:

• 8 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options