Duke4.net Forums: 3D Realms is back. Anthology now available! - Duke4.net Forums

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3D Realms is back. Anthology now available!  "3D Realms is back!"

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 28 December 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Megaton is great - but it doesn't include the two Duke!Zone packs and the other level packs that the standard Duke Nukem 3D edition includes, despite their lack in quality.

I was hoping that EDuke32 would stay it has so many goodies in it.

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 28 December 2015 - 04:59 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostWheatleyNukem, on 28 December 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Megaton is great - but it doesn't include the two Duke!Zone packs and the other level packs that the standard Duke Nukem 3D edition includes, despite their lack in quality.

The standard comes with Duke!Zone2 and not the first. If anything, Hendricks' cool .bat files will have gone to waste.

User is offline   Hool 

I remember this happened before with Fallout. Interplay lost the rights to the original Fallout and Fallout 2 and the games where pulled from GOG. However, Bethesda put them back up shortly after gaining the rights of the two games from the result of a long, drawn out court case.

However, I'm not sure if Gearbox will play nice and do just that. We'll have to wait and see.

This post has been edited by WheatleyNukem: 28 December 2015 - 05:24 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

And Fallout Tactics. However, they are not the same packages that Interplay put out and don't have any of the extras (but do have patched non-DOSBox versions).

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Say, I don't know if anyone has already brought this up in the thread, but the Steam version of the 3D Realms Anthology doesn't include Commander Keen. Id Software licensing rights I guess?

User is offline   LkMax 

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 29 December 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

Say, I don't know if anyone has already brought this up in the thread, but the Steam version of the 3D Realms Anthology doesn't include Commander Keen. Id Software licensing rights I guess?

http://store.steampo...d.com/app/9180/
Publisher: Id Software.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Figures. Well it's only a buck and a quarter at least. Yoink.

I've been having a blast with this since I got it for my birthday, but I still have a few questions.

1.) When's the update that adds Dark ages, Balls of Steel and Xenophage going to be released?
2.) Is there a way to play Extreme Rise of the Triad even if you've installed the Anthology to the Program Files (x86) folder?
3.) Was Monuments of Mars always as glitchy as it is in the Anthology?
4.) Is there an easy way to run command-line parameters?

A bit of clarity regarding Question 3: In Monuments of Mars, if you save on a certain level (usually somewhere after Level 10) and reload, weird things start to happen. I've had the game kick me back to Level 1, but with an insane score and about 200 or so blaster shots, and I've had the entire thing screw up and become an unwinnable mess.

Share this topic:

• 9 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options