Duke4.net Forums: Transferring/archiving The Threads From 3dr - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Transferring/archiving The Threads From 3dr

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

I was wondering if there was any way to get the threads ported over here, or at least archiving them. There's a lot of good info in the modding section.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Good question. If we just want a simple archive of the content, the printer friendly view allows up to 200 posts per page to be displayed, though stuff like images are removed. Actually importing them in here would require a copy of the 3DR forum database, which in all likelihood Joe isn't going to just give out copies of.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

View PostTX, on May 7 2009, 03:04 PM, said:

Good question. If we just want a simple archive of the content, the printer friendly view allows up to 200 posts per page to be displayed, though stuff like images are removed. Actually importing them in here would require a copy of the 3DR forum database, which in all likelihood Joe isn't going to just give out copies of.

True, but he's passionate about the forums and it doesn't contain any sensitive inside information (that we know of).. he may just do it. We'll have to ask. The worst that can happen is he'll say no.

This post has been edited by Hudson: 07 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Yeah, we can ask. However, I think we should wait until the fate of the 3DR forums is known for sure before trying to import the content elsewhere.

User is offline   Hudson 

• Meat Popsicle

View PostTX, on May 7 2009, 09:30 PM, said:

Yeah, we can ask. However, I think we should wait until the fate of the 3DR forums is known for sure before trying to import the content elsewhere.

Indeed, I think it's too soon after the terrible news that has been thrown on him.

User is offline   Moggimus 

Joe has said that he's going to do everything he can to either keep the forums up or even transfer them somewhere.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options