Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior add-ons (Twin Dragon, WD, etc.) - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior add-ons (Twin Dragon, WD, etc.)

User is offline   NNC 

I'm not sure if Shadow Warrior is really ontopic here, but as I seen a couple of threads of it recently, I decided to create mine too. As I'm really into this game now, just wondering what are the best addons to play for this game. As most of the original levels are top notch, and Wanton Destruction is really good as well, I started playing Twin Dragon for the first time, I got bored by it during the 5th level. Are there any other worthy ones to play?

User is offline   Mark 

I haven't played them for a long time so I don't know if they are worthy or not. But included in my SWP from Proasm I have 3 add-ons.

Rampage Warrior, Lonukem, Taiwang

And DanM made a few maps for SW. A good one was TTA, tribute to action

This post has been edited by Mark.: 13 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

User is offline   MetHy 

Twin Dragon is almost as good as Wanton Destruction. They both have some really good maps and some not so good ones.
Make sure to play the secret levels too in both add-ons.

Check out The Last Warrior TC, it's pretty good too.

User is offline   FistMarine 

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

User is offline   t800 

My favourites are Park and TNE (Tonight Never Ends). Park is inspired by Jurassic Park films (and its first map is truly excellent, counting between best SW maps I ever played, and it was also released seperately) and in TNE Lo Wang decided to kidnap and replace James Bond's position so it has quasi spy film theme. You can download both of them at: http://www.proasm.com/sw/swaddons.html

Lo Nukem is gimmicky, it always seemed to me more as proof of concept that Duke3D maps can be succesfully converted in playable state into SW and it features few Duke3D textures and sprites for weapons and includes only 4 maps, that is all.

BTW I recommend TTA (Tribute To Action) map too. It is most detailed map for SW I ever played, compared to others, almost Roch level of detail. Also SOTAJ (Secrets Of The Ancient Japan mady by LAW) is very nice map.

...SWP crashes often, plus it has loading save game crash...

Those bugs got introduced in version 4.3.2, which unfornately was the last Proasm released before he discontinued development. You can either try older versions or new fixed version Hendricks266 is working on at this moment. It already got its second beta release and as far as I can tell from my experience all those pesky glitches truly got fixed there. http://forums.duke4....post__p__201837

P.S. Thanks for reminding me, I should edit my signature. :)

This post has been edited by t800: 13 September 2014 - 06:16 AM

edit

User is offline   NNC 

Any of these are working for SW Classic Redux? That seems to be the best version so far.

User is offline   MetHy 

Tribute to Action looks nice indeed, but gameplay is very limited and it's sloppy on the edges as well. I'd rather recommend his two maps 50 Shots In Hell (I think that's the name?), which I remember paying in coop too and which are really good.

Personally I couldn't get When I was Young and Park to work at all, and I was missing the new weapons and sounds (and maybe more) when trying Tonight Never Ends. Tried both in dosbox and in SWP, no idea what I was doing wrong.

I've been working on a SW map too, which is 800 sectors so far, however since I started working again I've been way too tired to map on it at all so I have no idea when I'll finish it. Creative work needs rested body and mind... That's why all the best artists are wankers.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 13 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

User is offline   t800 

View PostMetHy, on 13 September 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Personally I couldn't get When I was Young and Park to work at all, and I was missing the new weapons and sounds (and maybe more) when trying Tonight Never Ends. Tried both in dosbox and in SWP, no idea what I was doing wrong.

Maybe you could try above mentioned link from Proasm's page. I dont know about vanilla DOS SW or Redux, but I can guarantee you, that Park and Tonight Never Ends from there work without any problem or hassle in SWP. I tried When I Was Young once, but it was very unstable for me. I think it was too ambitous for its own good due to limitations SW because of it lacking any modifiable code. They wanted to implement mission objectives like protecting friendly NPCs and so on.

I've been working on a SW map too, which is 800 sectors so far, however since I started working again I've been way too tired to map on it at all so I have no idea when I'll finish it. Creative work needs rested body and mind... That's why all the best artists are wankers.

From those few screenshots I have seen, it is looks very promising. Good luck and dont worry about time, rather take it slower and give yourself needed pause then rush it and later regret results. Anyways, looking forward to another quality made SW map. :)

edit

User is offline   Mark 

I use only SWP so I can't be of much help with your problem.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Tribute to action and the shots in hell map are on the workshop on steam, so you can play them there.

About the addons I agree with the rest, although I recommend playing WIWY and Park in the maximum difficutly for more fun (specially WIWY).

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Glad to see a new Sw fan, play the add-ons in this order.

WANTON DESTRUCTION

TWIN DRAGON
LAST WARRIOR
TONIGHT NEVER ENDS
PARK
TAIWANG
WIWY
RAMPAGE WARRIOR
LO NUKEM

SANTA WANG

There's only 13 add-ons in total, including multiplayer only ones.
I need to Dig up Carger2000's Mission X 1-3 add-ons.

Surely you've been to Shadow Warrior Central, right? I have all the add-ons info and screenshots for them all there.(Thanks for mentioning it to Nancsi guys ;))

Your pants are blue likely because of a command line entry in the launcher you are using.
(never used that launcher but if you have the retail v1.2 cd, the pants are brown.)
If this persists, I may recommend an Optometrist :)

MetHy, make sure you have downloaded the SWP compatible version for the addons.
There are dos and SWP versions for 90% of the addons. I've tested them and they all work.

The SWP compatible versions work for JonoFsw, SWP, Redux(see guide)

"50 shells in hell" 1-2

TTA was very interesting and you can tell lot's of time was spent on it. It's not "stock" quality(misaligned textures) but it is an ambitious map, same with the 50 shells maps.(very large)

BTW, some of the addons needed a few "fixes" - fixed versions are @ SWC.

SOTAJ is indeed a very nice map(badass shading), my only gripe is you can't bang the gong at the very beginning.. gongs are meant to be bonged, heh.

SWC also has a FEATURED MAPS section, have a look in there for more, also the maps I've made ;)

Can anyone hook me up with a link to see what's in the sw redux workshop? I don't have Redux yet or the steam software, only the web-based stuff.
How can I view the workshop!? I can view Duke's Megaton workshop no problem..

This post has been edited by Robman: 15 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

I don't see Redux's workshop either, although I can see Megaton's fine... and that's when using Steam.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 14 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

User is offline   NNC 

Thanks for the tips Robman and others...

I've finished Twin Dragon, and honestly the experience wasn't that good. As I saw the addon is made by the guys who created "The Secret of Acropolis" and "The Gate" for DN3D. And just like those, the quality here was mixed. There were some good levels like "Secret Gardens" or "Silver Bullet",but for most part it lacked the magic what made the original levels standout. I've haven't seen too many moving vehicles, remote controls, interactive objects, fog, coloured lighting, massive RoR areas or clearwater, teleportation etc. just standard key hunting. The big boss was just a reskinned Zilla, not much interest there.

I will play Wanton Destruction again, I played it a couple of times already in the past, and I remember it as an excellent addon for the game. The levels by Wieder, Travis, Mattcake etc. are really topnotch. The quality varies here too, but there are a lot more to explore than in TD. I don't like those Ninja replacements though. Their "stop damn you" yelling is grossly annoying. The Guardian replacement is a lot better.

I think I tried Park TC in the past, but I don't remember much of it. Maybe this time. :)

User is offline   NNC 

As for Deadly Kiss, AFAIK it hasn't been released yet, but if it has the same quality as Nuclear Winter, we better not chew our nails in the waiting for it.

edit

This post has been edited by FistMarine: 09 December 2016 - 10:02 AM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostNancsi, on 14 September 2014 - 01:03 AM, said:

As for Deadly Kiss, AFAIK it hasn't been released yet, but if it has the same quality as Nuclear Winter, we better not chew our nails in the waiting for it.

Not released yet, but it'll be better than NW for sure.

User is offline   MetHy 

I heard it was really fucking good.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options