Duke4.net Forums: Looking Forward To The Duke Modding Forum - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking Forward To The Duke Modding Forum

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

I hope a modding forum starts here soon so the refugees from the 3DR modding forum have a good place to go. The 3DR forums are still up and running, but I doubt that will last.

In general, it makes sense for this site to become more EDuke32 oriented. EDuke32 is the TRUE Duke Nukem Forever -- it has sustained us for years with updates that have kept the community strong. And now with the upcoming polymer renderer that has dynamic lighting and lots of other new capabilities, making a DNF game of our own doesn't seem so far fetched.

At this point, we don't know for certain that the 3DR site will shut down, but we have to assume it will. If Duke4 is ready to pick up the slack, development on the HRP and other EDuke32 projects can continue. I still believe that some of the best Duke releases have yet to come.

EDIT: Why does my signature show the code? The BB code is correct, isn't it? Frustrating. First I used the insert link command in the sig editor, and it put " around the link. It didn't work. I looked in the BB code guide, and it showed not to use ", so I removed them. Still doesn't work.

This post has been edited by DeeperThought: 07 May 2009 - 08:03 AM

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

WELL said. Considering Duke4.net is already the home of the HRP, you can rest assured that we will adjust and restructure to meet the needs of the community accordingly.

Also, BB Code in signatures has been disabled. It can be enabled again, because I want the community to feel at home. There are even talks of adding some new themes to some of our forum sections that reflect what the community is used to. We're taking suggestions here.

User is offline   Spiker 

Yeah Duke3d is the real DNF! And even if DNF is released it can't be much better than Duke3d. Stunning graphics is not everything, besides Duke is still developing and becoming better and better.

By the way how does it feel to be a protozoid slimmer DeeperThought? :rolleyes:

User is offline   ReaperMan 

What about the Shadow warrior and ROTT projects? What will happen to them?

User is offline   Spiker 

View PostReaperMan, on May 7 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

What about the Shadow warrior and ROTT projects? What will happen to them?

The proper threads can be created, however considering they have been pretty much inactive at 3DR it would be hard to relive them here.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

The Shadow Warrior project was getting a boost of energy in the past few weeks from marked. Also, Proasm is continually updating SW.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

God this forum is empty. :rolleyes: Sign up and post, punks!

User is offline   Loke 

Poast.

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostTX, on May 7 2009, 02:26 PM, said:

Buddha this forum is empty. :rolleyes: Sign up and post, punks!

I'll post you!

User is offline   Moggimus 

Looking forward to the continued support and contribution of the editing community, and being a part of it.

Duke will never die as long as we're here.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Announcing Eduke 2.0!

Enhanced Duke consists of modifications to the Duke program itself. Most of these are in the CON language and its capabilities.

Matt Saettler has the source to Duke Nukem (from pervious projects for GT/3D Realms). Enhanced Duke builds on the changes Matt made for those projects (WW2GI and NAM/Napalm) and goes much further.

The modifications allow much more control over the program from the CON language. The features added are listed at this link.

EDuke is NOT a "TC". It is designed tol allow TC makers to do many more things. You should download EDuke if you want to make a TC that uses EDuke, or want to play a TC that requires EDuke.

Posted Image

Oh wait I've gone back in time to 2000.

This post has been edited by Mblackwell: 07 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

User is offline   Iggy 

View PostTX, on May 7 2009, 11:26 AM, said:

Buddha this forum is empty. :rolleyes: Sign up and post, punks!

Sure thing.

Posted Image

There, my latest map project. Pigswill.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

^^ that actually looks pretty nice.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostIggy, on May 7 2009, 12:32 PM, said:

Sure thing.

Posted Image

There, my latest map project. Pigswill.

I like the mood in that shot. Very nice! But you could start a new thread....

It could be a thread for your own map, or a general WIP Duke 3D maps thread.

It's great to be here!

• el fundador

View Postmoggimus, on May 7 2009, 11:51 AM, said:

Looking forward to the continued support and contribution of the editing community, and being a part of it.

Duke will never die as long as we're here.

Yeah, we can survive fine without having 3DR around to support us with a forum, though it was fantastic to have. Everyone working on EDuke32 is pretty upset/shocked about 3DR's apparent demise but it shouldn't delay development of EDuke32 (and Polymer) any.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I'm here. Kinda gutted to hear about 3DR, Duke Forever and the people working there.

Looks like Polymer is the future of Duke! Timing was impecable!!!

I'm busy with a few projects at the moment, but I do have one thing up my sleeve that I PM'd DP about in the other forum.

I should be modelling again in a few weeks time - Maybe the Enforcer...

User is offline   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Reporting in! Glad to see everyone here.

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Another fugitive from the 3dr forums reporting in!

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I think you mean refugee. :rolleyes:

User is offline   chicken 

• Fashionable Modeler

Yeah, this is what i meant.
It sucks not to be a native speaker... :rolleyes:

User is offline   HangNail 

I guess this will be my new home. Hello all.

User is offline   Usurper 

• Hates Twitter

I'll miss thread tagging. :rolleyes:

User is offline   diehard 

I just registered, I like the look and feel of this forum!

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I hope I'm not too late from the party. I will contribute with what I can.

• el fundador

Yeah, you guys should feel free to post about whatever Duke editing related stuff you can think of. We have a whole new hive of information and community ramblings to fill up here. It's looking like Duke Nukem 3D is destined to remain the best Duke Nukem game (and perhaps the best shooter!) of all time, so we've got to keep up furnishing the community's new home.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I'm Mikko Sandt and I'm reporting for duty!

User is offline   Chip 

I don't say much.

User is offline   Mark 

For the few who actually know who I am and remotely care, I have made the switch over to these forums.

( and the crowd rejoiced ) ;)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options