• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Obituaries

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

What??? Is this real? He was online every day and talked so much. If it was a health related issue, how did we not know??

I will say that Adam had me convinced until I saw Hendricks's post. Now, I don't know what to believe, so I guess I can just speak from personal experience. I got into huge fights with Zaxtor over politics on Discord, but he never attacked me personally. When we weren't talking about politics, he was always nice to me and seemed to move on quite rapidly. I'll choose to remember the good moving forward.

RIP

User is offline   Merlijn 

RIP! This is pretty shocking news to me.. Cedric/Zaxtor has been part for the community for so long and did some amazing things with the build engine.
I, for one, will miss him and his contributions to the modding/mapping community. :dukecigar:

PS: I think it's pretty damn distasteful to smear someone who has literally just died.

Andrea Calogero Camilleri, Porto Empedocle, 6 September 1925 – Rome, 17 July 2019.
Writer, screenwriter, director, producer, playwright and italian teacher. Holder of various degrees and awards. Prominent figure in the opposition to the culture of crime, especially of mafia. Famous for being the creator of the successful "Inspector Montalbano" investigative book series setted in the imaginary city of Vigata from which an equally successful television series was taken. It seems that BBC transmited it only until the six season, but it is arrived to the thirteenth so far.

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 17 July 2019 - 08:00 AM

User is offline   WileTm 

View PostGaydar, on 17 July 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

What??? Is this real? He was online every day and talked so much. If it was a health related issue, how did we not know??I will say that Adam had me convinced until I saw Hendricks's post. Now, I don't know what to believe, so I guess I can just speak from personal experience. I got into huge fights with Zaxtor over politics on Discord, but he never attacked me personally. When we weren't talking about politics, he was always nice to me and seemed to move on quite rapidly. I'll choose to remember the good moving forward. RIP

Like Hendricks himself acknowledged, he himself doesn't know the truth. Pretty much everything I've claimed can be independently researched and verified. If I have permission to post any relevant links to corroborate my allegations, I'll be more than happy to. If not, anyone can feel free to PM me. I'm not demanding anyone believe me just because I tell them something...that was his game.

View PostMerlijn, on 17 July 2019 - 07:41 AM, said:

PS: I think it's pretty damn distasteful to smear someone who has literally just died.

Uh, he indiscriminately and brutally smeared both the living, the dead, and yes, the recently-deceased.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I'm disappointed that my conciliatory tone was met with snark and attitude, and you're already breaking my second condition. This is the only warning I'm going to give you.

View PostBlitZ, on 16 July 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

People with "autism spectrum disorder" have a life expectancy of about half (35-40) of the general population (70-80).

Does this mean that people w/ Asperger's Syndrome just like me have a short life expectancy too? That makes me concerned. Do you have any sources to support this?

Recently. My Paternal Grandmother passed away last June. She was 91 years old. Now I don't have paternal grandparents anymore. Posted Image

Another Obituary: Retired Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens passed away at 99 years old.

https://www.cnn.com/...dead/index.html

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 17 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostWileTm, on 16 July 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

I apologize for detracting from your or anyone's fond memories of him or his contributions

you have an odd way of showing how "apologetic" you actually are with your continuous degrading remarks.
I accepted the apology because I was willing to let the past be the past and move on with a clean slate. You are obviously not willing to do the same.
You are not being clever, or amusing, and you haven't been part of this community for any length of time, so your slander and smart-ass commentary are going to be frowned upon.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

View PostForge, on 17 July 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

you have an odd way of showing how "apologetic" you actually are with your continuous degrading remarks.
I accepted the apology because I was willing to let the past be the past and move on with a clean slate. You are obviously not willing to do the same.

Stop responding to him. A mod is already handling it. You are just provoking him into trouble.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostGaydar, on 17 July 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Stop responding to him. A mod is already handling it. You are just provoking him into trouble.

he doesn't need any provoking, he seems to be doing quite well on his own.

and I'm doing nothing to "provoke" him. I'm pointing out how his behavior is being received from a person who has had next to no prior encounters.with him, so I have no bias.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 July 2019 - 12:56 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

Lol you are literally provoking him to respond to a topic that a mod will ban him for if he continues to engage. But ok.

User is offline   Forge 

He should take it as positive feedback and advice. He doesn't need to respond at all. There are no insults, there is no antagonistic rhetoric. It is not "provocation" for any kind of negative reaction. I'm allowed to tell him he's choosing the wrong path if he wishes to keep an account here.

He's had negative interactions with the moderator in the past. He can expect a certain amount of caution and hesitancy for tolerance from that direction.

As a third party with no dog in the fight, I'm providing an unfiltered opinion of the content of his posts. If he chooses to continue with the negative slander and disingenuous pandering, he'll find himself banned, and only himself to blame.

User is offline   WileTm 

View PostForge, on 17 July 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

You are not being clever, or amusing, and you haven't been part of this community for any length of time, so your slander and smart-ass commentary are going to be frowned upon.

Since I'm not allowed to defend myself here, I'll just say:

https://forums.duke4...-richard-shead/

User is offline   Forge 

View PostWileTm, on 17 July 2019 - 04:55 PM, said:

Since I'm not allowed to defend myself here, I'll just say:

https://forums.duke4...-richard-shead/

which means nothing to me, because I minimally interacted with that person ( & usually indirectly).
(I know the drama & the fake accounts)

You keep living in the past. I'm trying to get you to move forward with the people who are here in the right now.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 July 2019 - 05:06 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I will say it's definitely true that Zaxtor regularly smeared the living and the dead. Live by the sword, die by the sword. There's a serious cognitive dissonance on this board where people refuse to accept that Zaxtor was a fairly hateful person and habitual harasser.

As for life expectancy of ASD, just Google it. Although it is true that they know so much more about ASD and other mental disabilities in general now. My mother was a social worker with the mentally disabled, the ability of care they receive today is much different than the 50s-80s. I expect the life expectancy will be adjusted as people born in the 90s and 2000s will live much longer.

This post has been edited by BlitZ: 17 July 2019 - 05:04 PM

User is offline   WileTm 

View PostForge, on 17 July 2019 - 05:02 PM, said:

which means nothing to me, because I minimally interacted with that person ( & usually indirectly).
(I know the drama & the fake accounts)

You keep living in the past. I'm trying to get you to move forward with the people who are here in the right now.

Um, that was ME...you mentioned(where I quoted you in bold) that I had barely been in this community.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostBlitZ, on 17 July 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

I will say it's definitely true that Zaxtor regularly smeared the living and the dead. Live by the sword, die by the sword. There's a serious cognitive dissonance on this board where people refuse to accept that Zaxtor was a fairly hateful person and habitual harasser.

Most "sane" people weren't involved in the discussions we were involved in, but he's gone now. Personally Zax and I disagreed and fought on a lot of things, but he never held a grudge with me over it.

Let the people who had their good times with him remember the good times. If there's an urge to smear him, take it to the appropriate section of the forum and start a dumpster fire there. That's just my opinion.

View PostWileTm, on 17 July 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Um, that was ME...you mentioned(where I quoted you in bold) that I had barely been in this community.

you haven't been, compared to a lot of people here. (1,000 posts over that span of time isn't really being part of the community & most of that was trolling in the latter part of the account's life-span).
You said you wanted to come back and re-establish yourself into the community, but being antagonistic isn't going to get you anywhere.

This post has been edited by Forge: 17 July 2019 - 05:24 PM

User is offline   WileTm 

View PostBlitZ, on 17 July 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

WATCH OUT U MITE GET B&

User is offline   Forge 

Yeah.
You got a chip on your shoulder and an axe to grind.

Good luck.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Lmao yeah you're being a douchebag

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Banned for being a piece of shit. May the rest of your life be as short as the stump in your pants.

User is offline   Maarten 

I'm shocked to hear that Zaxtor has died. He was a very creative & active person in many ways. R.I.P.

Ps. Thanks for the ban on WileTm..his posts pissed me off.

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

This is shocking and saddening news. Zaxtor was a highly skilled level designer with a very unusual creative mind, and was one of the most prolific level creators in the long and storied history of Duke 3D. His legacy will live on.

User is offline   Aristotle Gumball 

• banned!

View PostGaydar, on 17 July 2019 - 05:55 AM, said:

If it was a health related issue, how did we not know??

Fairly common in my experience. Had two friends pass like that, one of cancer, the other of suicide. They came online to escape, rather than dwell on their real life situation.

First thing I hear from D4net when I come back ... damn ...

He was one of my favorite mappers of the whole community. I definitely agree with the people who say the community has lost big with Zaxtor's death .
I only know him for his mapping and his being helpfull to the people who had had troubles with his mods, namely Trequonia in my case, and for both of these he was my personal king in the Dukeverse.

Hail to the king.

This post has been edited by TheDragonLiner: 18 July 2019 - 04:38 AM

User is online   ck3D 

Zaxtor's mind-blowing creativity kept me regularly coming back to this site for many years when I was completely disconnected from the game itself. I'd just wait for him to post his amazing screenshots and crazy concepts and ideas, and get both inspired to maybe one day get to toy around with Duke 3D again but also flabbergasted by how far a person's genius could reinterpret and push the game. He was one of a kind, heartbreaking news.

This post has been edited by ck3D: 18 July 2019 - 10:49 AM

It really is sad, one of the community's greatest and best-known mappers, gone...

RIP

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

RIP Rutger Hauer. Dead at 75.

https://variety.com/...tar-1203278050/

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 24 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

User is offline   Zaxx 

• Banned

Leaked footage of Rutger Hauer talking to God:
https://streamable.com/tp1js

Thanks for everything, Rutger!

This post has been edited by Zaxx: 24 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

User is offline   Malgon 

I... didn't expect that. RIP Rutger Hauer.

User is offline   NNC 

I've read the news on MSDN. Baffled and shocked at the same time. I never really liked his mods and he had definitely felt like a bit weird as person, but he was an integral part of the community, and it's always shocking to hear about someone dying at this young age. About allegations, the banned guy was utterly disgusting, no matter if there were truth snippets in his pathetic drivel.

RIP Cedric.

Share this topic:

• 26 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options