Duke4.net Forums: New Add-on for SW - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Add-on for SW  "Click here to discuss, join or see progress of the SWC Add-on."

User is offline   Lunick 

But, you're the one bumping the thread...

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Secret bunny button ... a must have.
This isn't really a "cbp" anymore as I've done... everything so... yeah.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: swp0040.jpg

This post has been edited by Robman: 16 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

A video of my Shootout style map made awhile back,
if you don't keep up with the monsters, they'll add up on you.
A Shadow Ninja is behind that door and if you don't get him quick, he rains down fire.
Also in the video, teaser elements of the add-on .. Hud changes and red dot instead of crosshair.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Robman: 19 February 2016 - 03:35 AM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

BTW:... that is my phone, was made in 2011 and still zero reason to replace it.
Galaxy S2X

This post has been edited by Robman: 26 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

To fog or not to fog?

Attached Image: swp0054.jpg
Attached Image: swp0053.jpg

Screenshots seem to wind up looking brighter than ingame for some reason.

This post has been edited by Robman: 09 April 2016 - 12:21 AM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Looks fine with no fog.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMicky C, on 08 April 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

Looks fine with no fog.

Ok, no fog it is. It caused a glitch anyways that would lock swp, lol.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

4+ Minute Teaser/Preview Video For the SWC Add-On:

• Honored Donor

Looks intense, I hope it's not too hard. I take it that some of the areas shown with a complete lack of shading will be improved before release? Also the flying saucer needs to have its relatively bit set so that the textures move with the ship.

I like the Star Trek references.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMicky C, on 03 September 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Looks intense,

Thanks Micky :D

I hope it's not too hard.

The easy modes will be really easy... medium and hard will be quite difficult.(Good for repeat playability)

I take it that some of the areas shown with a complete lack of shading will be improved before release?

Haha .. some areas yes... some areas no.

Also the flying saucer needs to have its relatively bit set so that the textures move with the ship.

I kinda liked it panning :S

I like the Star Trek references.

1 map is aboard the enterprise, that map is Wamplet's map.... I just made it singleplayer and took it quite a bit further.

This post has been edited by Robman: 03 September 2016 - 06:06 PM

I'm very aroused by this video to be honest!

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 03 September 2016 - 06:30 PM, said:

I'm very aroused by this video to be honest!

Haha cool :D .. it's probably just the Motley Crue, it'll do that to ya.
(somebody already gave it a "dislike" on youtube, lol)

This post has been edited by Robman: 04 September 2016 - 08:39 AM

User is offline   necroslut 

Looks really great.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Looks neat, has some interesting stuff. Needs a little polish here and there but I'm digging it overall.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Thanks Jimmy, I should probably ditch a few of the older maps I've made.
I figure the first 4 map episode will likely just be wangbang maps but also have some monsters to smash around whilst in singleplayer.
The "retail" episode that originally had 20+ maps will be the singleplayer aspect.

As my mapping has progressed, I've gotten better at it but it just takes so damn long to make maps, for now I've run out of steam/time for it, so I figured I'd atleast make a quick video with some of what I have so far.

I only have 8 or 9 of my own made for it so far for the singleplayer portion. All of them still need refining and finishing touches, the last one I've made is really the only one I think is "good."

If push comes to shove, I'll possibly just put it all together and release it, probably May of 2017 (20yr anniversary of SW.)
After that I'll probably just release maps for it using the same texture set, slowly as I make them as bonus updates.

This post has been edited by Robman: 04 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

User is offline   deuxsonic 

I would leave out the remake maps of other games, I don't feel they fit with the Shadow Warrior aesthetic.

This post has been edited by deuxsonic: 05 September 2016 - 02:59 AM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View Postdeuxsonic, on 05 September 2016 - 02:20 AM, said:

I would leave out the remake maps of other games, I don't feel they fit with the Shadow Warrior aesthetic.

Well.. q2dm1 the edge I built from scratch and would be in the MP portion.
The Heretic map was a conversion yes, but it only converts the architecture.. everything else was me.
The Hollywood Holocaust map .. again only the architecture is converted, I thought Dukers would like having a much better conversion of it to SW to play.(Finally) I've resized it, tried to add a few Duke sounds(projector) ...it's still not finished, the textures are pretty much in place, but all the effects aren't completed.

At the end of the day, I'm only one guy and it takes a stupid long time to make maps... let alone "good" maps.

Sometimes I wish I had some other mappers in on it but I also have grown to like the selfish aspect of me having done it all.

I've worked on this for years now on and off, I'm expecting a Robman Jr and work a "real" job(lol) so time for Shadow Warrior stuff is looking pretty slim. Which is why I say that I may just put it all together and then tweak it and add maps later as updated versions to atleast get it out the door.

If the way I've displayed it has anybody thinking that it will be a "big deal" it won't be... I want people to have the lowest possible expectations of this add-on, lol.

I really wish Eduke would support SW, that way maybe some of my "huge" maps that crash with SWP(because of lots of detail/action/open areas) will work properly and maybe even look better.

I've also arrived at the conclusion that it probably won't work properly with Classic(Dos) Sw, it'll need SWP/Redux or ..VoidSw? Heh.

This post has been edited by Robman: 05 September 2016 - 12:44 PM

• Honored Donor

Wouldn't voidsw basically be eduke32 sw? I prefer eWang though.

Personally I think Hollywood Holocaust has been done to death in other games. I'd be very surprised if the version in the episode will bring anything new to the table. Yes it would play slightly differently but in a way that's relatively predictable.

User is offline   FistMarine 

What's the current status of VoidSW anyway? I haven't heard anything about since the last year. I read somewhere around the forums that Evan is very busy and/or very sick (if the latter, then I'm very sorry to hear that) but I would like to see VoidSW finished one day because I remember talking with Evan back in 2014-2015 when he was working on VoidSW and then he stopped working on it. I don't remember what happened after that.

The main problem is that there aren't any decent SW source ports at the moment and it makes me sad when I read on various sites people complaining that their saves don't work because they use that broken SWP port. I know that the current solution is either to use an older version of SWP port (I think 4.3.1 instead of 4.3.2) or to use Redux port from Steam. If neither of these are the solutions, then the only remaining way is to play the game in DOSBox, which is not a problem for me but some people don't like using the original DOS executable.

The only thing we can do right now is to wait and hopefully soon we will get some news about the status of VoidSW.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostMicky C, on 14 September 2016 - 04:50 AM, said:

I prefer eWang though.

:D

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Tossed together a hallway tonight.

Posted Image

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

And an apartment the next night:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Robman: 01 October 2016 - 11:08 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

What's the image behind the gates?

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options