Duke4.net Forums: New Add-on for SW - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Add-on for SW  "Click here to discuss, join or see progress of the SWC Add-on."

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

I didn't want to post again but you keep bringing me up as if duke64 can be accounted for with my actions. sorry pal you got it all wrong nobody ever asks me to downvote or upvote ppl I do that shit on my own free will if you have a problem then to bad kid. and you talk shit again I will log in just to use all my downvotes quota on you daily since it seems to upset you. I don't get why you say family member(s) is there another one? because I am damn sure there isn't as I said before our other brothers are pretty much gone. I don't give a shit what you think loonik go fetch me some damn toilet paper bitch boy. someone for the love of god maybe should ban me I have to admit im not going to bring anything positive to the table I sorry to admins and mods on forum but the environment is to hostile and fucking stuck up for me I thought rockstar had bad community but after spending some time here gat damn my mind changed

the SW CBP looks awesome btw please keep it up hope to play someday

This post has been edited by Max Payne: 24 April 2015 - 06:59 AM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMax Payne, on 24 April 2015 - 06:49 AM, said:

I don't get why you say family member(s) is there another one?

Your nephew?

User is offline   Max Payne 

• Skinny little Russian liberal faggot

I have a nephew is 4 year old is not on duke4 tho he likes duke nukem already I am duke64 only true brother or family member in blood who is on duke4

This post has been edited by Max Payne: 24 April 2015 - 07:05 AM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

wip.

@D64 - Still working on the pyramid map as well. Making your own add-on takes a long time :S
Motivation/inspiration and time spent building comes and goes.

This post has been edited by Robman: 29 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Robman: 07 June 2015 - 11:03 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

Whelp, this is a map[Release] of sorts. It's the map with the above screenshots.

I'm tired of working on it and I've got the itch to release something.

This will be in the Sw Add-on and is also Part 2 of 2 maps named StarGate. I may make a version of it later which doesn't need the .art files but it's got some duke art in it and a couple custom tiles.
All of the skill levels are implemented as well as co-op and multiplayer.

Give it a whirl and let me know what you think, you'll need to use the 2 supplied .art files (put them in main directory)

File:

StarGate Part2

The small earthquake was working properly, works fine when I test it from Build but when played normally, the crack is already there. I'll see if I can fix it sometime before it gets called done for good. Probably add a few more enemies in a few select spots and a few more things.

This post has been edited by Robman: 15 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

GREAT NEWS !

We now have 2 Shadow Warrior websites again!
Back sitting alongside my Shadow Warrior Central website is Wangsdojo.com back in action as of June 4th 2015.

Brandon has brought it back online with a fresh facelift, if you like Sw.. head over to Wangsdojo and show him some love.
Posted Image

There's also sw.freeminded.de aswell although it's purely "map-centric"
Freeminded is pretty much the only place you can upload newly created Sw maps without the need of contacting the admin of the site. Although I guess everyone knows that I'm always around and eager to put any new Sw maps on Sw-Central.

I've created a news post on SWC about Wangsdojo being back online, but it's more or less the same as this post.

This post has been edited by Robman: 04 August 2015 - 09:22 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

did some building again last night, wip.
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Robman: 16 August 2015 - 05:02 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

Is that a driveable tank? Good luck with shading your map :D

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMetHy, on 16 August 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

Is that a driveable tank? Good luck with shading your map :D

Obviously you know the pitfalls of driveable vehicles not being able to cross sectors :D

Yeah, it'll be a pain in the butt, we'll see how it goes. I would LOVE to grab the angled lighting sprite from Duke3d and add it to Sw.
The one used just under street lights, I just had a quick look in mapster for what tile it is, didn't find it though.

This post has been edited by Robman: 17 August 2015 - 08:52 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

I have the same issue because of the boat in my map.

I'm not sure if such a sprite would help. The biggest problem is not having shadows on the ground, where you would otherwise.
I tried using flat invisible sprites put on the ground for shading, but when your vehicule goes over it, it looks awful. So I ditched the idea.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

If you have large areas of water, have one of the areas darkened to show it's not passable and turn the shadow direction away from the water, so the coastline casts the shadow elsewhere. It's a huge pain if you already started building shadows but hey.

User is offline   MetHy 

In fact the water sector (with driveable boat on it) goes all around the level, so no matter where the "shadow angle" is, it's going to be a problem somewhere. The sector is so big that I got that old Build glitch involving sectors disappearing when building from a huge sector.

So there is no real solution that i know of, I'll manage with no shadows in some parts. That's how it's done in the original game too anyway, like with that level with the little boat you can drive and the bigger boat you get onto.

• Ancient Blood God

Two water sectors and the other one is higher? Would be visually more fun as well.

User is offline   MetHy 

Hmm, that's interesting, didn't think about that even though this is exactly the same advice you gave me for the rooftop map of Duke Hard. It would mean changing a whole part of the level but it'd definitely make the water/underwater part more interesting. I'll think about it.

User is offline   MetHy 

Does anyone know if it's possible to extent the grid size in SWPBuild ? The cfg doesn't have such a line. I tried copy-pasting the line from mapster32.cfg but it doesn't work.

P.S: Any news from SW-EDuke32? :D

This post has been edited by MetHy: 26 August 2015 - 08:05 AM

• Ancient Blood God

You could always just move the map around, then when you need to go back to another area, go move and save it in m32.

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMetHy, on 26 August 2015 - 07:59 AM, said:

Does anyone know if it's possible to extent the grid size in SWPBuild ? The cfg doesn't have such a line. I tried copy-pasting the line from mapster32.cfg but it doesn't work.

P.S: Any news from SW-EDuke32? :D

Quite certain you can't. Game even gets glitchy when you go past the original build limits even though the limits double once you exceed them in SWPbuild.

User is offline   MetHy 

I mean the grid size, not the wall limit, the size of the grid with which you can work on in the editor.

I don't like having to move the map around. Floors and ceilings are relative to where they are on the grid so you have to place the whole thing in a relative way; and it's happened to me in the past that moving parts with SoS would fuck with sprite placements, and there is a lot of SoS and RoR in this map. I guess I'm going to have to move the whole thing once and for all though so everything fits on the basic grid.

Having to work with old Build features can get annoying fast when you got used to mapster.

SWP gets glitchy when you go over the limit? How? What about Redux? I chose not to go over the limits but I'm curious anyway.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 26 August 2015 - 11:02 PM

User is offline   Robman 

• Asswhipe [sic]

View PostMetHy, on 26 August 2015 - 10:51 PM, said:

I mean the grid size, not the wall limit, the size of the grid with which you can work on in the editor.

SWP gets glitchy when you go over the limit? How? What about Redux? I chose not to go over the limits but I'm curious anyway.

I know what you meant... I knew you'd think I was just talking about the sprite/wall/sector limits, damn language barrier. :D
No, you can't make the build area bigger in SWPbuild.

The glitch that mainly happens affects the same maps when tested in Redux also. Go over the original build limits and Rockets/projectiles hit the newly created walls and don't explode, they just stay up against the wall and gradually move their way to the floor. Shurikans keep playing their noise over and over also... it's no good. Pretty sure they don't launch in vanilla Sw either.

This post has been edited by Robman: 26 August 2015 - 11:27 PM

User is offline   MetHy 

Wait a minute, what happened to Redux' workshop? It was taken down?

• Ancient Blood God

That's odd.

User is offline   Lunick 

I'm going to assume that because it still isn't public and only restricted to the Beta branch AND that it has had no activity, the front page of the workshop is bare. It is there though if you click the tags on the right:
Posted Image

User is offline   MetHy 

Weird, I could swear that it'd appear as a link in Steam's main window when I click on the game on my library (like it does for DN3D).

Edit : there is a recreation of Morbius from Unreal Tournament with a nice use of RoR in it.
http://steamcommunit...434&searchtext=

Has Redux never had multiplayer support?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 August 2015 - 03:31 AM

User is offline   Lunick 

Never and probably never will.

That is a nice map though, never saw it...

• Ancient Blood God

View PostMetHy, on 27 August 2015 - 03:23 AM, said:

Edit : there is a recreation of Morbius from Unreal Tournament with a nice use of RoR in it.
http://steamcommunit...434&searchtext=

Sorry!

An error was encountered while processing your request:

The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it.

Here's a link to the Steam Community home page.

User is offline   MetHy 

Try through steam, and unable beta access in the game's settings if needed.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

Hey Robman :) Hey Doood

Can he still check the pages? I know he said and did some dumb stuff but wondering if he can still see

User is offline   Lunick 

I think he can still see but you'd be better off going to Shadow Warrior Central or adding him on Steam maybe.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

He is already on my steam list and I am already on the site buddy boy. But maybe I should also let you know this thread is useless. If the one who made it is gone I am not saying banning him was not decided by a purpose but that fact still remains.

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options