Duke4.net Forums: [WIP] 3D model of snowman for Nuclear Winter - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[WIP] 3D model of snowman for Nuclear Winter  "a .MD3 3D Model replacement for the snowman badguy in Nuclear Winter"

hello. i am learning how to model. in the past few days i have put together a snowman model for use with duke nukem nuclear winter.

Posted Image

its low poly snowman model that meets the .MD3 requirements . its a work in progress and is not finished. it needs to be textured and needs to be riged with bones and animated then those animations transfered over to the .MD3 frame based animations.
here is a video showing the model

The thing is i am so bad at makeing textures for models. and i have no knowlege YET on a good way to make or paint onto the model and then have it output the .png textures meshed correctly. ill need a software for that; any one wants to post there methods on making textures for models feel free it will help. ill learn and finish it one way or the other. thanks for any replys. if you would like to texture the model yourself or work on it in anyway here it is ill post it! :

http://www.mediafire.../snowmanout.md3

i will update this post as progress is made on the subject. thanks.,

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

Didn't you already make a thread on this?

User is offline   Mark 

That snowman was ripped from somewhere else and is not low poly. Its about 56,000 faces.

View PostMark., on 03 June 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

That snowman was ripped from somewhere else and is not low poly. Its about 56,000 faces.

the model was not ripped from anything. it is easy to make circles: simple shapes and cylinders in curvy 3d. i model without face or poly limitations. ill save the model with whatever ammount of faces dose not matter becuse i then convert the model to .MD3 no matter how many faces. true the model is not low poly but it meets all .MD3 requirments:
Only faces and verticies in a group get saved.
The MD3_PATH+file name cannot be longer than 63 characters. (Textures and model names)
The group name and point name cannot be longer than 63 characters.
Maximum of 1024 animation frames
Maximum of 32 Groups
Maximum of 256 Textures per Group
Maximum of 8192 Triangles per Group
Maximum of 4096 Verticies per Group

the only thing i kinda impervised on was the skeltal arms. everything else was made by me. Download the snowmanout.md3 and see for yourself. and sorry for the misunderstanding.

This post has been edited by Snake Plissken: 04 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostThe Commander, on 03 June 2014 - 05:09 PM, said:

Didn't you already make a thread on this?

1 post was for the christmas tree model. another post was for the christmas stripper model and this one is for the snowman. each post ill update when progress is made on each of there models.

looking at it i see that i by mistake named the topic of one post Models for Nuclear Winter when i should of named it Stripper Model for Nuclear Winter.

so yha i messed up. sorry. ill look into seeing if i can fix it.

View PostSnake Plissken, on 04 June 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

1 post was for the christmas tree model. another post was for the christmas stripper model and this one is for the snowman. each post ill update when progress is made on each of there models.

looking at it i see that i by mistake named the topic of one post Models for Nuclear Winter when i should of named it Stripper Model for Nuclear Winter.

so yha i messed up. sorry. ill look into seeing if i can fix it.

just interested:
are you gonna make topics for every NW model? :)

View Post☭ Ivan ☭, on 04 June 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

just interested:
are you gonna make topics for every NW model? :)

yha. probly shouldnt. ill look into making it so i have one main post for each DLC i work with perhaps.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I think you may have to manually get that down to something more manageable than an eye-watering 56K faces, especially when you UV map it.

Having said all that, it's nice to see someone modelling again for Duke.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostTea Monster, on 04 June 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

I think you may have to manually get that down to something more manageable than an eye-watering 56K faces, especially when you UV map it.

Snake, you should learn how to bake normal maps if you don't know how.

View PostSnake Plissken, on 04 June 2014 - 06:20 AM, said:

yha. probly shouldnt. ill look into making it so i have one main post for each DLC i work with perhaps.

You've made 3 threads. The main NW+ thread is for submissions and WIP discussion: http://forums.duke4....ar-winter-plus/

All three are now locked. Carry on in the main NW+ thread.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options