• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

Notice the Keen. :)

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm not even going to touch this one.

That chick looks ugly. If you're going the route of scantily-clad sex object, at least make her pretty. Start with a decent haircut.

User is offline   Komenja 

Yeah, aside from the haircut I think she looks pretty cool.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

She reminds me a bit of Charlize Theron. In the face.

See

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2014 - 08:38 PM, said:

She reminds me a bit of Charlize Theron. In the face.

See

IMO she looks like a near 50/50 split of Jack and Fedorova. It all just depends on the angle. It's like the changer from Seinfeld.

User is offline   Komenja 

Also, I noticed this on the About section of the website:

Dislikes: Bubble gum, sunglasses, blonde hair

I can't remember exactly, but I recall reading somewhere that in the versions of DNF where Bombshell still existed, she really didn't like Duke. Guess we do have some persisting character traits from back then.

I rather have the blonde BombShell over that Bombshell

This post has been edited by The Duke Returns: 14 May 2014 - 09:04 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostKomenja, on 14 May 2014 - 08:50 PM, said:

I can't remember exactly, but I recall reading somewhere that in the versions of DNF where Bombshell still existed, she really didn't like Duke. Guess we do have some persisting character traits from back then.

Yeah, as I have come to understand it, she was basically supposed to be a bi-sexual foil for Duke. The girl he could never have but was always after. Inferred from various magazine articles on DNF, some things Wieder said in the DNF section, and elsewhere. I'm wondering if it was gonna play like some kind of a buddy cop movie or something? In the 2009 documents the strip-club sequence was originally supposed to feature Bombshell as the lead stripper, basically Duke's ultimate desire. Which, at least from the standpoint of the game's plot would have made that sequence in the club make more sense. Instead of just being random T&A.

I would have preferred the Gay Robot sidekick Duke was supposed to have. That would've been an awesome game, especially with the whole AI-Portal-rage thing going on. Would've been good.

But Bombshell...

*fapfapfapfap*

wait

This post has been edited by Coryyne: 14 May 2014 - 09:12 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Just saw the trailer.

Looking at screens saying nothing -> Standing around doing nothing -> walking around doing nothing -> lame vehicle sequence.

Seems like it's captured the quality gaming of DNF already.

User is offline   ---- 

I also watched the new Godzilla yesterday.

So, all who aer disappointed by this should save their money on that.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 14 May 2014 - 10:19 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

I think they kind of went with my idea for the trailer, but not quite:

Posted Image

It would've looked better if they had went darker with the setting, and it's kind of hard to tell that the bike is moving in the scene with the explosions going off in the background. I didn't even notice that the bike was rolling when I first watched it. It probably wouldn't have hurt to put a few flashes of gameplay or scenes of the aliens attacking in there, too.

Most of all, I think the biggest problem with it is that it was intended for Duke to begin with. :)

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 14 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

User is offline   Outtagum 

The trailer was three damn minutes of them rotating around a model. It really didn't show much and could have been shorter. Why no actual gameplay footage?

View PostJimmy, on 14 May 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

I'm not even going to touch this one.

This post has been edited by Zor: 14 May 2014 - 11:54 PM

you could easily fix the robot arm by just
I don't know
GIVING IT A PROPER HAND?

that weird skeletal thing doesn't even have a means to work, but even then, it clashes with the rest to the point of making the whole rest of the arm seem ugly by comparison. What was even the point of that? or the weird metal tank top? why the weird midriff? WHY ANY OF THIS? The haircut is probably the ONLY part I'm not questioning, if only because giving it to a main character is actually unique!

This post has been edited by Colon Semicolon: 14 May 2014 - 11:40 PM

User is offline   Jblade 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2014 - 09:05 PM, said:

Yeah, as I have come to understand it, she was basically supposed to be a bi-sexual foil for Duke. The girl he could never have but was always after. Inferred from various magazine articles on DNF, some things Wieder said in the DNF section, and elsewhere. I'm wondering if it was gonna play like some kind of a buddy cop movie or something? In the 2009 documents the strip-club sequence was originally supposed to feature Bombshell as the lead stripper, basically Duke's ultimate desire. Which, at least from the standpoint of the game's plot would have made that sequence in the club make more sense. Instead of just being random T&A.

Damn, that does make a shitload of sense! I enjoyed that bit as a silly goof around area but it did come out of nowhere. Yet more proof that Gearbox just kinda shoved everything that was done together rather than actually trying to make it work. The game would of been much better if it managed to follow that leaked design document.

Anyway I like her haircut, and her robo-clunky arm is pretty cool in a 90s way.

User is offline   Outtagum 

View PostColon Semicolon, on 14 May 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

you could easily fix the robot arm by just
I don't know
GIVING IT A PROPER HAND?

Hey! That's a T-800 endoskeleton hand! Best there is.

User is offline   Cage 

Okay, my sleep schedule is already a mess, so I've seen the reveal now instead of waiting.

First of all, I think it's a great idea to go with Bombshell instead of some kinda of a knockoff character - being so close to Duke we know he's supposed to be him yet being different enough not to piss off the lawyers :)

I don't mind the design that much too, seems that a shaved side is a thing now, I'd prefer a short cut instead of bald there though. The only thing I don't like, is the metal tank top - seems random, and I think that would be uncomfortable. ;) The arm itself is bulky, but I think that's somehow justified - the plot tidbit says it's "salvaged" - from alien technology I guess. The rotating bit doesn't make sense to me, though :) I hate oversexualized designs for female characters (so prevalent these days), so you guys did pretty ok on this front (could be a little better though) - not a fan of heels on characters that are supposed to run and fight, at least those seem walkable :P No crazy bust size and there's some cleavage, but it's not that "in your face", so this is a plus. Not a fan of the exposed stomach area for a character participating in firefights - Invitation for a gut shot anyone?

Not that thrilled about the teaser, the gray void doesn't do it for me, animation is a little stiff sometimes, and the explosions looked tacked on. The screens look good though!

So yeah, there's stuff I don't like, but I'm left with a general positive impression - we can only wait and see, I hope this will turn out to be a decent game! Shame it isn't Duke, but I think it's the next best thing under the circumstances.

Mod tools availability is great news too - with so many skilled people, I'm sure that we'll have alternative models for Bombshell for anyone who won't like the final design. Also there shouldn't be any problems in creating a Duke model, or a Duke episode for the game :P

• Honored Donor

So, what are the chances of modding a decent first person view into the game?

Now that it's no longer a Duke game, hopefully that makes everything more flexible from a legal viewpoint.

User is offline   necroslut 

View PostMickey C, on 15 May 2014 - 12:30 AM, said:

So, what are the chances of modding a decent first person view into the game?

Now that it's no longer a Duke game, hopefully that makes everything more flexible from a legal viewpoint.

These kind of games usually have controls that are completely unsuitable for first person view. I don't think we know anything about this game's controls yet though.

• Honored Donor

It's been (sort of) done before with the occasional title of this genre. I imagine if Interceptor made certain allowances to make the conversion tweaking easier in advance, that could make the result a lot smoother.

Btw, I trust someone is making a news article on this for the front page?

User is offline   MetHy 

I'm saddened that this isn't a FPS. Despite its flaws (mainly the lack of enemy diversity and uninteresting enemy AI), ROTT is still one of the best modern FPS i've played so I was hoping to see more in that direction.

This post has been edited by MetHy: 15 May 2014 - 02:02 AM

• Honored Donor

I don't see why so many people are surprised/disappointed that this is an isometric action RPG and not a FPS. Haven't we known it was of this genre for months now?

I didn't even know it existed until maybe a week or two ago... Well, I knew something existed, but I wasn't paying any attention to it.

Also, it just doesn't seem to be the natural direction to go in. I'm not bothered by the isometric view whatsoever, but as previously stated RPG's aren't my genre... It could still be good, I just wouldn't likely enjoy playing it it.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 15 May 2014 - 02:21 AM

User is online   X-Vector 

Are you a bad enough dudette to rescue the president?

So basically what we have here is what most have been expecting all along - Mass Destruction with Duke Nukem yanked out (because of those bullies at Gearbox) and replaced by Bombshell; a Bombshell that's a me-too redesign created to stand on the shoulders of Mass Effect and Deus Ex: Human Revolution, complete with an overextended homage to the latter's reveal trailer and a total misfire of an attempt at humour at the end, but I guess that's par for the course for anything 3DR related these days.

I'm looking forward to the stealthy unveiling of cryptic info regarding the closely guarded public secret of the announcement of the announcement of the most revolutionary gameplay footage this world has ever seen.

User is offline   Jblade 

I think the RPG part is being grossly over-estimated...at it's most I think it'll be pretty much 'kill enemies than buy abilities from a skill tree' rather than actually playing like one.

Apart from her hair she looks nothing like Jack or Fedora, besides neither of them invented the punk style? She looks like a female version of the average early 90s game protagonist (actually like a female Bionic commando I guess)

This post has been edited by James: 15 May 2014 - 02:28 AM

User is offline   ---- 

Bombshell as depicted in the concepts could have been a new IP that brings back the fun to FPSs. FInd a unique thing for that FPS (like the melee in the SW-reboot), make her a badass with some character twists and here we go.

Startting a new IP with an isometric RPG is a bit risky, IMHO, and giving her the looks she has now lets me more think of the drama and tragedy behind the losses of her limbs.

Just my opinion.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 15 May 2014 - 02:29 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

I'm probably the only one who likes her looks. Too bad the trailer fucks up in several fashions, those cuts (to the same scene) are really bad, plus why would the explosions follow the movement of the vehicle (it does happen in the 1998 DNF trailer but it doesn't make it any more acceptable). Plus they typoed their own Twitter account name at the end.

Still, I'm actually excited for the game.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostMickey C, on 15 May 2014 - 02:17 AM, said:

I don't see why so many people are surprised/disappointed that this is an isometric action RPG and not a FPS. Haven't we known it was of this genre for months now?

Well I'm sorry I don't follow modern video game news

View PostJames, on 15 May 2014 - 02:27 AM, said:

Apart from her hair she looks nothing like Jack or Fedora, besides neither of them invented the punk style?

It's always like that, when a famous video game does something (anything, as common or unoriginal it may be), people whose knowledge of the world is reduced to video games tend to think that game invented that thing.

So, Mass Effect invented that hair style, and anyone using that hairstyle (including that punk girl who lives with her dogs on the street near the cathedral in my town) ripped off Mass Effect.

User is offline   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

Thanks God this good game is not about Duke Nukem.

I don't wanna fap on bald cyborg, lol.

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options