Duke4.net Forums: Bombshell - Duke4.net Forums

• 53 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image
I'm serious about those 2 bulky bits on the robot arm Interceptor, remove or rework them, they just don't work very well and yes the hair style is a must fix, she looks really good when you look at her from the right, just not so much with the left.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 14 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

User is offline   Gambini 

They could have used this opportunity better. "Bombshell" could have been the best way to get back to the duke world, making it legal, incarnating his sidekick. Instead they make an action rpg game. In the faq they say they like action rpg.. but most dukers dont! Where´s the marketing tactic that i can´t figure out about using references that only duke fans appreciate for a completely different style of game, which surely dukefans have no interest in?

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHigh Treason, on 14 May 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

If you wanna be anal about her looks, why not throw in how common that hairstyle was in the 70's?

Posted Image

BOO! Unoriginal! They went with a look that already kinda existed, boo, boo, that's not how it's supposed to work!

Yeah, and that hairstyle hasn't just suddenly enjoyed a resurgence in popularity recently in media has it? Yes. Yes it has.

Ya know, for someone who claims not to care one way or the other like you did in the other thread you sure do get a stick up your ass when people have critical opinions.

View PostGambini, on 14 May 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

They could have used this opportunity better. "Bombshell" could have been the best way to get back to the duke world, making it legal, incarnating his sidekick. Instead they make an action rpg game. In the faq they say they like action rpg.. but most dukers dont! Where´s the marketing tactic that i can´t figure out about using references that only duke fans appreciate for a completely different style of game, which surely dukefans have no interest in?

It's an action RPG because they're using the remaining build of Duke Nukem Mass Destruction as well as some assets from Reloaded.

Also if you look at the screen shots you can see the EDF soldiers using Rippers.

This post has been edited by xMobilemux: 14 May 2014 - 07:09 PM

• Judge Mental

I see what TX meant in the other thread when he asked if they could "really do that" given the legal circumstances. It's similar to Bobby Prince's approach to music. Riding the legal line as tightly as possible.

View PostxMobilemux, on 14 May 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

I'm serious about those 2 bulky bits on the robot arm Interceptor, remove or rework them, they just don't work very well and yes the hair style is a must fix, she looks really good when you look at her from the right, just not so much with the left.

I prefer her look from the left, but I like women with short hair, so that should be factored in. As for the robot arm, like everything else, it's a fairly typical cyberpunk look with some exageration - which pops up a lot in that genre, do a google search, can't be arsed to paste links to prove my point - works for me.

I do agree, anything that adds RPG elements is wasted on me, I don't have the patience for grinding XP or whatever. Would probably have been better to make something DNMP-style, though in an isometric format.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

In the faq they say they like action rpg.. but most dukers dont! Where´s the marketing tactic that i can´t figure out about using references that only duke fans appreciate for a completely different style of game, which surely dukefans have no interest in?

I like most kinds of games honestly and i have the feeling that most people here are not "just a Duke fans".

View PostHigh Treason, on 14 May 2014 - 07:03 PM, said:

BOO! Unoriginal! They went with a look that already kinda existed, boo, boo, that's not how it's supposed to work!

Its not about unoriginality, its just a crap haircut.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 14 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

that´s pointless. They need to get a better reputation, making a reharsh game is not the best 2nd step after an arguabely regular 1st step (rott 2013).

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2014 - 07:00 PM, said:

It does seem like it, though I can't tell for certain...

Posted Image

Without the strap it could easily be plausible.

View PostLunick, on 14 May 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

Without the strap it could easily be plausible.

I would say that it probably is, there is no point in wasting a perfectly good model anyway.

I´m lost in how that screenshot comes to the discussion?

No sarcasm, i mean where´s taht screenshot from?

View PostGambini, on 14 May 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

Internet.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostGambini, on 14 May 2014 - 07:17 PM, said:

I´m lost in how that screenshot comes to the discussion?

I thought the shotgun in the Bombshell trailer seemed awfully familiar so I looked for Duke 3D Reloaded screenshots.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

What they were thinking with that trailer? It looks like a college demo reel. It could've been cut down to an exciting minute or, better yet, they could've waited until they had some gameplay to show. It makes for a poor first impression.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2014 - 07:06 PM, said:

Yeah, and that hairstyle hasn't just suddenly enjoyed a resurgence in popularity recently in media has it? Yes. Yes it has.

That's marketing 101.

Ya know, for someone who claims not to care one way or the other like you did in the other thread you sure do get a stick up your ass when people have critical opinions.

You're quick to become passive-aggressive. I don't care much at all, I just haven't got anything else to do whilst doing a windows install, figured I'd just post some of my opinions and thoughts, that's what forums are for after all. What's that? Your opinion is different to mine? Holy shit, that can't be right... Oh, wait, I don't give a monkeys, because that's how the real world works son.

View PostReaperMan, on 14 May 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:

Its not about unoriginality, its just a crap haircut.

Personal preference I guess.

Her robot shoulder pad doesn't need to be that big, it could be smaller, or doesn't even need to be there at all, like imagine she wants to put on a jacket, like Rex Power Colt does.
Posted Image
Make it so that a jacket could fit over it nicely, Rex has it all badass with the jacket covering it up and the forearm of the cyber arm out and it looks badass.
Looking at the concept art for when it was going to be Duke, Interceptor had concept art of Duke wearing a jacket for cold levels, since you are just using the Mass Destruction build, is Bombshell not gonna be wearing a jacket in those cold levels? She should be and that bulky arm wouldn't make it easy for a jacket to fit over, unless they just cut the sleeve off.

• Judge Mental

View PostHigh Treason, on 14 May 2014 - 07:19 PM, said:

You're quick to become passive-aggressive. I don't care much at all, I just haven't got anything else to do whilst doing a windows install, figured I'd just post some of my opinions and thoughts, that's what forums are for after all. What's that? Your opinion is different to mine? Holy shit, that can't be right... Oh, wait, I don't give a monkeys, because that's how the real world works son.

No. You came down on other people for having a negative opinion about something. Don't even try that victimisation shit. Go read your post. YOU were the first to become sarcastic and passive aggressive.

The quality of the models and scene is bad for a trailer, it looks like a 2000´s animation, it also takes obvious references to Duke, Blood Dragon, Deus Ex HR which only make you remember that in those games whiskey glasses, robotic arms and dukestuff looked better.

Posted Image
Ouch.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 14 May 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

[size=2]
No. You came down on other people for having a negative opinion about something. Don't even try that victimisation shit. Go read your post. YOU were the first to become sarcastic and passive aggressive.

No, I merely stated my opinion, you seemingly didn't like that because it isn't the same as yours. Where was I passive aggressive? Go on, I want to know.

Also note how I still haven't judged whether the game is good or bad, I'm just judging the media currently available based upon what I like and don't like and what I know. Which fits exactly with the post to which you referred earlier.

Oh, victimization? What? Rubbish. To be a victim I'd have to be wronged in some way, this is the internet, I honestly don't care what anybody on the internet says or does, it doesn't affect my life in the slightest. No victims here, just an apathetic piece of white trash.

This post has been edited by High Treason: 14 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Duke Nukem has had 2D Sidescrollers, FPS games, third person games, third person platformer game like Tomb Raider, a 3D side scroller, and some of those had RPG elements, so why not a top down game?

The trailer failed to indicate in any way that Bombshell's an isometric game. Whoever's coming up with the marketing plan really needs to rethink how they're promoting this game.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Nice. I'm optimistic because life's too short not to be about a video game. Crusader No Remorse/Regret was isometric and that game was awesome.

Of course, I wont be preordering or anything.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 14 May 2014 - 07:41 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 14 May 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

The trailer failed to indicate in any way that Bombshell's an isometric game. Whoever's coming up with the marketing plan really needs to rethink how they're promoting this game.

The game is not out until next year though...

View PostLunick, on 14 May 2014 - 07:40 PM, said:

The game is not out until next year though...

I know, but if people don't know what genre your game is, what's the point of releasing a trailer for it? It just means they have to win people over twice; people who were interested might be disappointed that it's isometric, others who might've loved the idea of an action-rpg but think it's a first-person shooter, which is what Interceptor's known for, won't be happy either. Even if they just included a brief snippet of gameplay, that would've been enough. I wish them the best, but I think it's a huge mistake. They've promoted a character, not the game. I understand they have big aspirations for the game (they'll want it to be a franchise) but that's putting the cart before the horse.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 14 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

• Judge Mental

View PostHulkNukem, on 14 May 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

Duke Nukem has had 2D Sidescrollers, FPS games, third person games, third person platformer game like Tomb Raider, a 3D side scroller, and some of those had RPG elements, so why not a top down game?

Indeed. I don't have any issues regarding the nature of the gameplay style chosen. The screenshots do indicate the perspective of the game. So they're not exactly hiding the point. I do think the trailer could have done a little more to indicate the nature of the game. Even if it was just "in 2015" "All new action-rpg" just so nobody would be left confused by the nature of the game itself.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I'm sorry Fred, I think this has the potential to be a really kick ass game. If there's anything we need, it's games that take them self less seriously and ooze testosterone. But you need to fire your character designer and start fresh. This is one of the worst I've seen in a long time.

Don't let what could be a great product turn people off. A major negative aspect is all it takes these days, unfortunately.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Protected by Viper: 29 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

The bike in the trailer seems to be the same one from Reloaded, too, but with changes applied to it. I'm seeing the same reflector on the front wheel fork that the Reloaded model has.

LOL
Posted Image

• Judge Mental

FNORD BOARD LIVES! Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options