• Polymancer

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 07 November 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Just cheese in general.

Could be a lot worse...

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Wow! A delay less than a week before launch. Here's Interceptor's update:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM INTERCEPTOR ENTERTAINMENT

Dear Bombshell fans,

We’re so honored and encouraged by all the incredible support you’ve show us over the years - especially these last few months leading up to Bombshell’s launch. Meeting so many of you at incredible events like QuakeCon and PAX has been a dream come true for a small team like ours!

Over the last several weeks, we’ve been exhaustively testing Bombshell to get it ready for ship. Unfortunately, and honestly, the game isn’t entirely bug free at this point. Our first instinct was to just get this puppy out-the-door, and that we could fix the remaining issues with a quick patch after launch. But within ten seconds we realized that’s no way to treat paying fans of our games.

As painful as this is to say, we’ve made the command decision to move our release date out a bit. This will give us the time to polish the game that we know you all deserve, and the team here is raring to put in the hours necessary and get sh*t done! Bombshell will release on Windows PC on both Steam and GOG.com on January 29, 2016. We’ll be offering two packages - the Standard Edition for $34.99 USD, and a Digital Deluxe Edition for $39.99 USD (though prices may vary by territory). What’s inside the Digital Deluxe Edition is detailed in the image below:

Posted Image

We’re so fortunate to be working with such understanding partners at 3D Realms who support our vision and creativity. We all want to get this game into your hands just as badly as you do, and we truly appreciate all your continued support as we polish this bomb-shell up!

Ruthlessly yours,

- Team Interceptor Entertainment

User is online   Lunick 

View PostLunick, on 02 October 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

I want to believe it is coming this year but I'm feeling a 2016 release date for it.

View PostDukeNukem64, on 20 November 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

It's official: pc release has been pushed and is now in january and prices are 34.99 and 39.99 respectively. :)

Called it. There was totally not enough promotion to be releasing it so soon.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Does that mean that the build engine prequel will be available around the same time?

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the "beta access" to prequel.

This post has been edited by Micky C: 20 November 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostMicky C, on 20 November 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Does that mean that the build engine prequel will be available around the same time?

Edit: Sorry, just noticed the "beta access" to prequel.

According to the image in my post above, the FPS prequel is expected to release in late 2016. You would think they would want at least aim to release Episode 1 of the Washington Project before Bombshell releases just for promotional purposes.

User is offline   Kyanos 

Our first instinct was to just get this puppy out-the-door, and that we could fix the remaining issues with a quick patch after launch.

Digital vs analog, back in the day your game was finished, made into millions of hard copies, then released.
It's sad that this is even an option, sadder that it was their first instinct, saddest that many games come out like this. On the bright side they didn't release it buggy.

This post has been edited by Drek: 20 November 2015 - 03:38 PM

User is offline   HulkNukem 

The Washington Project, eh?

The official press release contains a few nuggets of info on the Build Prequel.

Bombshell FPS Prequel: Follow the events leading up to Shelly “Bombshell” Harrison’s explosive encounter with Professor Jadus Heskel that cost her her arm, her squad, and her reputation in a retro-style first-person shooter -- built in the classic 90’s era Build Engine known from Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior. Then head online for some oldschool competitive multiplayer, Bombshell-style! PC gamers get early access to the BETA when you purchase the Bombshell Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam or GOG.com.

View PostLunick, on 20 November 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Called it. There was totally not enough promotion to be releasing it so soon.

I agree Lunick - nonetheless the competition in november would have killed Bombshell completely. I have no idea which games are coming in January but I knew Fallout, Star Wars and Black Ops was coming/came in November.. :)

Will be funny to see if the build prequel will be available on consoles..

Edit: Will there ever be some kind of 3D Realms shop? Would be fun to buy a big box of the prequel + Bombshell maybe with some printed art etc. :)

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 21 November 2015 - 12:10 AM

User is online   Lunick 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 21 November 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Will be funny to see if the build prequel will be available on consoles..

Edit: Will there ever be some kind of 3D Realms shop? Would be fun to buy a big box of the prequel + Bombshell maybe with some printed art etc. :)

There are builds of EDuke32 on Wii and 3DS now, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have it on modern consoles but it would be up to the prequel team to see if that is really a viable thing to do. I think controller support is still weak in EDuke32.

As for a boxed copy, I'm gonna throw it out there that maybe it would get a limited run in European countries on console (and maybe PC) like Shadow Warrior did.

View PostLunick, on 21 November 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

There are builds of EDuke32 on Wii and 3DS now, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have it on modern consoles but it would be up to the prequel team to see if that is really a viable thing to do. I think controller support is still weak in EDuke32.

As for a boxed copy, I'm gonna throw it out there that maybe it would get a limited run in European countries on console (and maybe PC) like Shadow Warrior did.

If that happens and anyone from US wants that I could probably send it to you. :)
If you can get the prequel for a few bucks I would probably try that someday.. :)

The console versions have been outsourced to a company called Abstraction Games, TBD 2016.

http://www.develop-o...etailed/0214039

User is online   Lunick 

Abstraction Games have a pretty good portfolio although, I think this might be their first 3D game (and Unreal Engine game) that they have ported to a console. It could be interesting.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 21 November 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

The console versions have been outsourced to a company called Abstraction Games

Abstraction Games developed the Megaton Edition releases for PS3 and Vita, among other ports such as Hotline Miami.

New trailer:

User is online   Lunick 

Who puts a cursor/crosshair in a trailer like this :)

User is offline   Steve 64 

View PostLunick, on 08 December 2015 - 01:17 AM, said:

Who puts a cursor/crosshair in a trailer like this :)

To be honest thinks it kind of weird think it should be turn off for a trailer.

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

Hey, at least you know it isn't bullshot.

User is offline   Steve 64 

View PostStrikerMan780, on 11 December 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hey, at least you know it isn't bullshot.

I seen something worst then s crosshair in a trailer, Like a trailer for agame that was rushed including the game itself.

This post has been edited by Demon Duke: 11 December 2015 - 01:03 PM

I'm really digging the animations; they are slightly exaggerated and really smooth. Rage had some incredible animations, and its nice to see some polish done to them instead of the typical last second edited Garry's Mod quality animations most games have.

Interceptor re-cast Bombshell.

Fans shall be heard. We've completely recast Bombshell, and re-did the entire script with @Val2000VO.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Were people complaining about her voice? I thought it was fine. Like I said before, she was the only good VA out of every character in the game.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 05 January 2016 - 05:50 AM, said:

Like I said before, she was the only good VA out of every character in the game.

Even JSJ as Heskel? :thumbsup:

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Was the original voice actress for Bombshell ever publicly known?

Didn't even notice she was recast; however, it wasn't hers nor JSJ's characters that had the lame voice acting.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Forgot about JSJ's involvement. He's of course aleays great. I was referrng to a recent playthrough video where she sounded great but all the NPCs were terrible.

Yes. A lot of guys on PC Gamer and other Facebook known media posted about Bombshell having a terrible voice and that the VA had an annoying voice. I didn't find her annoying at all and never noticed the voice change.. :thumbsup:
Looking forward to see if the game is playable at release - and more for the console release as that is the true test for Interceptor/3D Realms for me, personally.

Happy New Year to everyone in here. :) Hope you all still have 10 fingers.

Edit:
You still can't pre-order the game - and there is no release date for consoles at all. (It was supposed to be around Jan/Feb 2016)

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 05 January 2016 - 01:53 PM

User is offline   CultureShock 

• Banned

I'm not sure I get this game. I know what it is about and why and what stuff in the game is, and I'm not dissing or even critiquing it. I just don't get it or understand why you are excited about it.

I definitely feel uncomfortable with the FPS prequel. I accept I may be jumping to conclusions about his game but dislike the idea of this. It's just not my personal taste.

I'm not trying to be controversial. Ignore my gassing on.

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options