• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

So game + prequel = 50 bucks? Wow :)

User is online   Lunick 

$39? They better hope it is as good as Shadow Warrior (2013) or it is gonna flop.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostLunick, on 06 November 2015 - 06:30 PM, said:

$39? They better hope it is as good as Shadow Warrior (2013) or it is gonna flop.

Yep. They better ramp up the marketing X1000, too. Barely anyone's talking about it outside of this forum. It's going to need a really positive reception to entice anyone who's skeptical of 3D Realms. Maybe if the the loot and upgrade loop is awesome they'll pull in a bunch of ARPG fans? Those games typically tend to perform well, and have long-legs on Steam.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 06 November 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Yep. They better ramp up the marketing X1000, too. Barely anyone's talking about it outside of this forum. It's going to need a really positive reception to entice anyone who's skeptical of 3D Realms. Maybe if the the loot and upgrade loop is awesome they'll pull in a bunch of ARPG fans? Those games typically tend to perform well, and have long-legs on Steam.

A number of youtube guys are talking about it, more specifically the prequel on the Build engine; I think that will be a huge self advertisement for it well after Bombshell itself has been released.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

"Outrage culture"....I get scared every time something gets a label. Labels ruin lives. Like cheese.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 06 November 2015 - 10:45 PM, said:

"Outrage culture"....I get scared every time something gets a label. Labels ruin lives. Like cheese.

Dick cheese, or...?

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

34.99 for the standard edition. 39.99 for the digital deluxe edition which contains the full game + soundtrack, art book, world maps and beta access to the prequel. Both will be discounted at release as well.

What about console prices Fred?

• The Sarien Encounter

View PostCommando Nukem, on 06 November 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

Dick cheese, or...?

Just cheese in general.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

There is quite a bit going on in November from what I remember and I am a Turok fan I know all about over shadowing. Quake and 007 tried to over shadow Turok in lasting long, but Turok is actually the better game and it did really good on its own. I think Bomb-Shelly will be okay she is here to kick ass bottom line. I like the risks i wish listed bombshell to, a bit pricey though but as the man said it will be on sale to. Going to blow shit up with her I am more interested in the actual game rather then the build sorry.

View PostSixty Four, on 07 November 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

There is quite a bit going on in November from what I remember and I am a Turok fan I know all about over shadowing. Quake and 007 tried to over shadow Turok in lasting long, but Turok is actually the better game and it did really good on its own. I think Bomb-Shelly will be okay she is here to kick ass bottom line. I like the risks i wish listed bombshell to, a bit pricey though but as the man said it will be on sale to. Going to blow shit up with her I am more interested in the actual game rather then the build sorry.

Turok has not aged well; if anything, Turok overshadowed Doom 64 when they came out, and now generations later more and more people are agreeing that Doom 64 has aged better.

• The Sarien Encounter

Turok felt great at the time, but it's very dated now. The distance fog almost ruins it entirely for me (I've never played the PC version, though, so I don't know if it's an issue there or not). Turok 2 ages a little better, I think.

User is online   Lunick 

I think we need a Turok thread, it is invading lots of topics on the forum...

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

How about this one? https://forums.duke4...95-turok-forum/

User is online   Lunick 

I'll admit, I kinda forgot that existed but I guess Sixty Four got tired of talking to himself.

• Turok Nukem

I just used as an example was not attempt to derail the topic though. Its just on my mind right now and I can't help that I am excited, plus its related to some gaming ways with releases not only Turok. if it makes it any better I would rather play Bombshell then Fallout 4.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Sixty Four: 12 November 2015 - 07:54 AM

So this is coming out in a little over a week, right? Interceptor might want to update the Bombshell website with that info.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Absolutely no coverage of this game on the www. Will wait for someone in here to review the game before purchasing it. :)

User is offline   Kyanos 

MINIMUM:
OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory Minimum)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended | AMD Radeon HD 7950 - 3 GB Memory Recommended
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space

well that pushes me out, an i5 minimum

View PostDrek, on 17 November 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

well that pushes me out, an i5 minimum

Yep. I'll have to wait for an upgrade. Those seem like pretty steep specs. though I'm probably out of touch with modern setups!

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 17 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

I'll do you guys a solid and buy this game and get a quick review up within the day/the next day.

I recently built a whole new computer and opted to go for an i5 instead of i7. This was all on a whim.
Then the next day I saw that Fallout 4's recommended was an i7. DOH

This post has been edited by HulkNukem: 17 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

User is online   Lunick 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 17 November 2015 - 01:12 PM, said:

Absolutely no coverage of this game on the www. Will wait for someone in here to review the game before purchasing it. :)

Is anybody here buying it though? I don't see myself picking it up especially on launch when Rise of the Triad was plagued with so many problems at launch.

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2 GB Memory Minimum)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended | AMD Radeon HD 7950 - 3 GB Memory Recommended
DirectX: Version 11
Hard Drive: 20 GB available space

So, I take it a 64 MB Graphics card won't do? :)

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 17 November 2015 - 12:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

Gearbox lawyers will love to see that. :)

• Turok Nukem

I will be getting it if things go accordingly, and my specs are passed the recommended :) I'm not sure if its my style of game though I mean the action is obviously there and I like adventure like Nintendo classics :) Its the top view and the RPG that scares me, but I am willing to risk it. I like the purplish/mystic colors associated with the game, being a female protagonist who is pretty but kicks ass, the guns and weapons seem big, the enemies seem pretty awesome, and the boss has big potential. Seems decent to me I most likely will make a video either way.

View PostLunick, on 17 November 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Is anybody here buying it though? I don't see myself picking it up especially on launch when Rise of the Triad was plagued with so many problems at launch.

That tends to be the case for so many games lately. Aside from being part of the conversation, there doesn't seem to be much of an upside to playing games at launch.

My biggest issue with ROTT's release was that Interceptor failed to own up to the fact that their game wasn't finished. It was an early beta at best. It should've been released on early access. Bombshell's system specs are kind of worrying in that respect. It's running on UE3, and the only other UE3 game I've had serious performance problems with was ROTT, specifically how CPU intensive it was. It was a poorly optimized game.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 17 November 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

their game wasn't finished

Modern shooters are like that.

View PostLunick, on 17 November 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Sixty four is. I believe the game is fun. The bugs etc. I remain skeptical. :) I value your words high lunick so go make a damn review! :)

Edit: According to this interview with an incredibly boring, humorless German host, Scott Miller is now working full-time as the Chief Creative Officer for 3DR.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 17 November 2015 - 11:08 PM

It's official: pc release has been pushed and is now in january and prices are 34.99 and 39.99 respectively. :)

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options