Duke4.net Forums: Bombshell - Duke4.net Forums

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

View PostMicky C, on 03 October 2015 - 03:06 PM, said:

Maybe Gearbox will get hold of it, release it, and it'll be that linear build game you always wanted :)

If they get a funny voice actor, I nominate Kat Dennings, and she says funny stuff all the time, I will give that game 5 stars out of 5. :) And I've only wanted that for about one day. If anything this should be extra complex, as a parody/homage. (And not that defending linearness is my new thing, but the DNF 2001 trailer looked very much in the cinematic linear HL style.)

Speaking of Bombshell, a little constructive criticism if Interceptor/3Dr read this forum. The voice acting was so flat and terrible in the Bombshell trailer, I think just about everybody said so. Just for the record. Not too late to fix it.

(Kat Dennings isn't a serious suggestion of course, though she's great. A voice actress who can do an intentionally fun gravelly cheesy badass delivery like say Michael Beihn in FarCry3 Blood Dragon would rule. And better lines would help.)

This post has been edited by PsychoGoatee: 03 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Hell... Get Linda fuckin' Hamilton.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That actually wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Only if time travel exists IRL, too...because she's goin' the way of Roger Murtaugh.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 03 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

That's why it's voice acting.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostPsychoGoatee, on 03 October 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

Speaking of Bombshell, a little constructive criticism if Interceptor/3Dr read this forum. The voice acting was so flat and terrible in the Bombshell trailer, I think just about everybody said so. Just for the record. Not too late to fix it.

They're fixing it. :)

View PostTerminX, on 03 October 2015 - 07:34 PM, said:

They're fixing it. :)

Very cool, good to hear. (pun intended)

• Judge Mental

View PostDuke Rocks, on 03 October 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Only if time travel exists IRL, too...because she's goin' the way of Roger Murtaugh.

Posted Image

...wot m8? Biehn and Weaver aren't exactly springing around in their 30s anymore either, but they both did a great job in Blood Dragon and Alien Isolation respectively.

• "Dick Nasty"

You guys are aware that voice changes with age, too? Why do you think they have listed on acting resumes traits akin to "Can do an old man's voice"?

Admittedly, I haven't heard Ms. Hamilton's speak as of late, but I'm pretty sure she was a chain smoker at one point(not sure if she still is).

As for the above examples: Biehn - he's a man, so it doesn't really matter. Not trying to sound sexist, but that's the way many (e.g. Hollywood) see it.
Weaver - She was reprising her original role that she had when she was much, much younger. Besides, too many fanboys would've had fits had they gone with anyone else.

Edit: My original post was semi-joking. There's of course a good chance that at "only" fifty-nine(for some reason I actually thought she was way older), Sarah Connor 2015 could pull it off.

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 04 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

Can I downvote downvotes?

View PostDuke Rocks, on 04 October 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

You guys are aware that voice changes with age, too? Why do you think they have listed on acting resumes traits akin to "Can do an old man's voice"?

Admittedly, I haven't heard Ms. Hamilton's speak as of late, but I'm pretty sure she was a chain smoker at one point(not sure if she still is).

As for the above examples: Biehn - he's a man, so it doesn't really matter. Not trying to sound sexist, but that's the way many (e.g. Hollywood) see it.
Weaver - She was reprising her original role that she had when she was much, much younger. Besides, too many fanboys would've had fits had they gone with anyone else.

Edit: My original post was semi-joking. There's of course a good chance that at "only" fifty-nine(for some reason I actually thought she was way older), Sarah Connor 2015 could pull it off.

A random example, have you heard of the anime series Lupin the third, about a goofy thief? Studio Ghibli's Hayao Miyazaki directed some of it and his first movie Castle of Cagliostro was part of that series, etc. The sexy femme fatale cat burglar Fujiko Mine had the same voice actress from the 70s to 2009. She sounded pretty much the same in her 60s to me. Actually a lot of the famous voice actors are pretty old.

• Judge Mental

View PostDuke Rocks, on 04 October 2015 - 08:29 AM, said:

My point was, she sounds just as she did back in the 70s. So did Veronica Cartwright,Tom Skerrit, and Harry Dean Stanton for that matter.

So does Linda Hamilton, actually. I heard her not too long ago and she sounds just as she always did.

Another example would be the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker. They had him come back into the show for a brief cameo a couple years back, and the first thing they did to introduce him was have him speak. Instant-chills. His voice hasn't changed at all.

You're partially right, some people do have drastic changes to their voice that reveal their age, while others don't. I didn't make the suggestion without that consideration. Linda Hamilton, even though I know it won't ever happen in a million years, would make a great voice actress for Bombshell. It would very be fitting stylistically and thematically, too.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 04 October 2015 - 03:33 PM, said:

My point was, she sounds just as she did back in the 70s. So did Veronica Cartwright,Tom Skerrit, and Harry Dean Stanton for that matter.

Don't forget Yaphet Kotto.

• "Dick Nasty"

Yeah, and what about the late Don Pardo? That's certainly not the pipes of a stereotypical 90-something year old! :)

You will be seeing and hearing much more about Bombshell in the days ahead....game release is imminent.

Quote by Jon st John about Bombshell. He changed his profile picture on Facebook. :)

• Judge Mental

I asked him if in the original form of the game (as DNMD) if he would have been talking to himself. Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

Isn't strange how we hear so much about games these days from voice actors.

Jon St John is voicing somebody in Bombshell? That raises my excitement level for sure! Any link to that? Or is his facebook private or something like that, not seeing it pop up on a search.

User is offline   Lunick 

His Facebook is here, he's playing one of the antagonists Dr Proton.

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostLunick, on 07 October 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

Isn't strange how we hear so much about games these days from voice actors.

Not really, considering how many of them want to get their names out there so they'll "accidentally" say a little bit too much about whatever AAA project they're involved with...

John St. John is already fairly well known, so he doesn't really fall into that category...more along the lines of "passionate about his line of work, so sometimes he can't resist giving his loyal fans a few exclusive tidbits".

• Judge Mental

He's also not an idiot, or going to treat those of us close to his works like idiots. We know Bombshell was a Duke game, thusly he was involved. We also know that this "new" villain (Haskill?) is just a renamed Proton variant. (He's seen in the few DNMD screens that exist). So, it's all down to knowing your audience.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 07 October 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

He's also not an idiot, or going to treat those of us close to his works like idiots. We know Bombshell was a Duke game, thusly he was involved. We also know that this "new" villain (Haskill?) is just a renamed Proton variant. (He's seen in the few DNMD screens that exist). So, it's all down to knowing your audience.

In my mind, Bombshell always be a DN game, but considering that shovelware has been got the whole DN IP, I guess it must locked into my mind, like they're not related at all. :)

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

Time to reupload the pics I posted long, long ago...such (serious) trolling and ownage cannot be forgotten.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostPerson of Color, on 08 October 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

Time to reupload the pics I posted long, long ago...such (serious) trolling and ownage cannot be forgotten.

I forgot. :)

I guess that's why they're being reuploaded. :)

A Question for Fred:
Is release date for Bombshell the same across all platforms?

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 20 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

User is offline   Lunick 

Hi
Posted Image
https://www.facebook...11318783&type=3

Thank you lunick! Appreciate it. Still wondering about the platform thingy

User is online   X-Vector 

View PostLunick, on 20 October 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Things to do in San Francisco?
Well, sign me up for the Black Radical Oakland Walking Tour!

On a slightly more serious note, it seems strange that a voice actor just hands out a rather specific release period like that, ahead of any official statement by the company he's working for.

View PostX-Vector, on 21 October 2015 - 12:16 AM, said:

On a slightly more serious note, it seems strange that a voice actor

A king, baby.

User is offline   HulkNukem 

November? Ouch

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options