Duke4.net Forums: Bombshell - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

  • 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#781

Wonder how I missed that, I actually saw the tweet about Olin being hired too.

Becky has found other jobs anyway https://twitter.com/...503498418110465
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#782

Any statement about why she left?

Also, regarding John Olin, while saying that Donald Sterling is a victim is a bit much, I do agree with his statement regarding the harm of sensational media in society. Nothing there worth being fired for however. It's not like he spewed bigoted vitriol himself.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 05 September 2015 - 07:52 AM

0

User is online   Mark 

  • Honored Donor

#783

I read his tweet in the link provided and I think the response was an over-reaction. I don't think he said anything that rises to the level of a firing. I'm guessing a small handful of over sensitive serial whiners complained. Personally, I have no problem at all with what he said.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 05 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

1

User is offline   Daedolon 

  • Ancient Blood God

#784

View PostStrikerMan780, on 05 September 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

the harm of sensational media in society


You don't say?
0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#785

View PostDaedolon, on 05 September 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

You don't say?


Not saying it isn't obvious. Well, at least to anyone with a semi-functional brain these days. (And isn't some SJW.)

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 05 September 2015 - 09:30 AM

0

User is offline   X-Vector 

#786

Anyone with a semi-functional brain knows better than to dismiss anyone else with a three letter acronym.

Now, how about that Bombshell?
0

User is online   TerminX 

  • el fundador

  #787

View PostX-Vector, on 05 September 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

Anyone with a semi-functional brain knows better than to dismiss anyone else with a three letter acronym.

Now, how about that Bombshell?

Don't dismiss them because of or with an acronym, dismiss them for their ridiculous, often demented behavior.
1

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#788

View PostTerminX, on 05 September 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Don't dismiss them because of or with an acronym, dismiss them for their ridiculous, often demented behavior.

That's the whole reason I use the acronym. The term has become synonymous with said ridiculous and demented behavior.
0

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

  • Buy Mage's Initiation!

#789

Labels are dangerous because they're generalizing and take on different meanings than what they once stood for (like feminism). But they're such easy traps to fall into and use because we like labels.
0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#790



Possible 2016 release date?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 06 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

5

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#791

View PostStrikerMan780, on 06 September 2015 - 05:11 AM, said:

That's the whole reason I use the acronym. The term has become synonymous with said ridiculous and demented behavior.


And then people use it to describe things they don't like rather than what actually fits the definition, like the word "troll".
0

#792

Well to be honest.. Rather a game that is optimized than what rott became. But from late August till 2016?..
0

User is offline   LkMax 

#793

Looking good, but it would be much better as a third person shooter... Well, I guess top down shooters just aren't my thing, despite I liking some games in the genre (Shadowgrounds, Magicka).

edit: Shadowgrounds, not "Shadowrounds"


This post has been edited by LkMax: 07 September 2015 - 09:14 AM

0

User is offline   Striker 

  • Auramancer

#794

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 07 September 2015 - 03:56 AM, said:

And then people use it to describe things they don't like rather than what actually fits the definition, like the word "troll".

Aye, like how some people call those who don't mind some of the gameplay elements of modern shooters "COD fags" and "Halo Fanboys".

Can't stand that shit. For example, don't ever say anything positive about the new DOOM on any of it's trailers, or you'll have a bunch of posers who think they're "oldschool & hardcore" whine/piss/moan and eat you alive and tell you that you deserve to get shot for being a "COD Fag". (I can't stand the COD games, which makes it kind of an ironic statement.)

I've been called that on non-videogame related discussions too, it's ridiculous. Such as when I was describing how a frag grenade actually works (weak explosion, lots of high velocity shrapnel) when some dumbshit was talking trash about someone's heroic actions (saved a bunch of people from a grenade thrown into a crowd), saying how much of a dumbass said hero was, while this guy's description of a grenade was closer to video games (big, crowd-busting, devastating explosion), funnily enough.

View PostLkMax, on 07 September 2015 - 07:36 AM, said:

Looking good, but it would be much better as a third person shooter... Well, I guess top down shooters just aren't my thing, despite I liking some games in the genre (Shadowrounds, Magicka).

Try the first Hotline Miami. It's fun, and incredibly brutal as far as violence is concerned (a lot of nasty deaths packed into 16-bit pixel art). It needs a very fast reaction speed and a lot of planning your moves ahead however.
Spoiler


This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 07 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

3

User is offline   LkMax 

#795

View PostStrikerMan780, on 07 September 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Try the first Hotline Miami. It's fun, and incredibly brutal as far as violence is concerned (a lot of nasty deaths packed into 16-bit pixel art). It needs a very fast reaction speed however.

This game was "on my radar" before (It's sitting on my backlog for ages) but thanks for the recomendation, one day I will. =P
0

User is offline   HulkNukem 

#796

View PostDukeNukem64, on 07 September 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

Well to be honest.. Rather a game that is optimized than what rott became. But from late August till 2016?..


The rest of September doesn't have too many big AAA games that are multiplatform besides the new Fifa which always sells
October has a new Rock Band, a new Transformers game by PlatinumGames, the Uncharted collection on PS4, a new Assassin's Creed, and Halo 5
November has new Call of Duty, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider on Xbox, and Star Wars Battlefront
December has Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege, and new Hitman.
Unless they release it sometime this month (doubtful) they would be wise to push it back, even if they don't touch it and just sit on it. The reason being is it's a relatively unknown developer (in today's gaming market) with a (I'm assuming) downloadable title in a somewhat niche genre.
They need to release it at the perfect time. The Build engine game being released first would also help a lot in the marketing, but that also needs to release at the right time.
0

#797

View PostHulkNukem, on 07 September 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

The rest of September doesn't have too many big AAA games that are multiplatform besides the new Fifa which always sells
October has a new Rock Band, a new Transformers game by PlatinumGames, the Uncharted collection on PS4, a new Assassin's Creed, and Halo 5
November has new Call of Duty, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider on Xbox, and Star Wars Battlefront
December has Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege, and new Hitman.
Unless they release it sometime this month (doubtful) they would be wise to push it back, even if they don't touch it and just sit on it. The reason being is it's a relatively unknown developer (in today's gaming market) with a (I'm assuming) downloadable title in a somewhat niche genre.
They need to release it at the perfect time. The Build engine game being released first would also help a lot in the marketing, but that also needs to release at the right time.

I personally don't think that really matters,
no matter what month they release it in they're going to have those same problems.
2015 Release Schedule by Month
They need to get the game out there, and get publicity for it.
(which means in this day and age, giving keys to youtubers)
Sitting on a game costs money, alot of money.
Wait until it's finished, then find the right date to release it.
Don't waste 3 months pay sitting on a game,
and if you do, at least do something with it.

*Schedule is used as an example

This post has been edited by Balls Of Steel Forever: 08 September 2015 - 08:51 PM

0

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

  • Glory To Motherland!

#798

View PostHulkNukem, on 07 September 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

The rest of September doesn't have too many big AAA games that are multiplatform besides the new Fifa which always sells
October has a new Rock Band, a new Transformers game by PlatinumGames, the Uncharted collection on PS4, a new Assassin's Creed, and Halo 5
November has new Call of Duty, Fallout 4, Tomb Raider on Xbox, and Star Wars Battlefront
December has Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege, and new Hitman.


:)

You know, is it just me, or is the gaming industry becoming a lot like Hollywood - if it isn't already?
0

User is offline   HulkNukem 

#799

View PostSpastic Lagomorph, on 09 September 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

:)

You know, is it just me, or is the gaming industry becoming a lot like Hollywood - if it isn't already?


Tons of sequels, reboots after only a couple years since the last product, products that last only a couple of hours, and the majority of creators going after the same overbloated genre.
Guess which industry I'm referring to :D
2

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#800

No multiplayer, but PC Gamer seem to enjoyed going hands-on with it. http://www.pcgamer.c...the-action-rpg/

Quote

The demo was very limited—I wish I could’ve played what I saw in the trailers—but I came away with the sense that there’s potential in Bombshell. I like the idea of a sci-fi Diablo, and as an isometric shooter, Bombshell is fast, challenging, and seems to have plenty of options to fit different play styles. I also appreciate that 3D Realms eschews Bomshell’s roots and Shelly Harrison stands as a character on her own rather than entirely being a repurposed Duke Nukem.

Bombshell is expected to release later this year.

0

#801

Any release date soon?

EDIT:

The Bombshell facebook page has only been updated twice in the last 28 days. :)

This post has been edited by DukeNukem64: 02 October 2015 - 02:44 AM

0

User is offline   Lunick 

  • Snazzy Ex Tazzy

#802

I want to believe it is coming this year but I'm feeling a 2016 release date for it.
1

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

#803

View PostLunick, on 02 October 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

I want to believe it is coming this year but I'm feeling a 2016 release date for it.

The PR guy tweeted this a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely slipped out of 2015. Maybe we'll get the Build prequel and pre-orders this year?
http://i.imgur.com/vS5B6Tc.png
0

User is online   TerminX 

  • el fundador

  #804

The Build prequel is next year. I think you guys are really going to like it!
10

User is offline   Sixty Four 

  • Turok Nukem

#805

Yeah I think Davox is doing some maps maybe, I think I seen that. He makes good open feeling maps and could do different types, so he is a good choice. Even the free runner stuff that is mapping for something else completely and still fits. So I think the maps will be on point, not trying to sound kissy but the stadium level is pretty crazy to. Also, Buenos level is crazy lol on my old pc I lagged to hell on it not going to lie that's what happens when you don't have money for a good pc :) But on my new pc it doesn't matter it never lags xD

Well damn I just came to say I am still interested in Bombshell as a game also and not only the build one looks like something I can enjoy I am thinking about Devil may Cry the action is close looking imo not a bad thing though dood :P
0

User is offline   Jenz/Amaka 

#806

For some reason I'm more hyped for the Prequel than the real game.
0

#807

View PostJenz/Amaka, on 03 October 2015 - 05:19 AM, said:

For some reason I'm more hyped for the Prequel than the real game.


Ditto here, but that's not too unusual, especially on this forum I'd say. :)
0

User is offline   Commando Nukem 

  • Judge Mental

#808

Now watch it get cancelled. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
0

#809

View PostCommando Nukem, on 03 October 2015 - 02:31 PM, said:

Now watch it get cancelled. http://forums.duke4.net/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

A Duke project (in spirit) like this would never get cancelled. Maybe scrapped and restarted, but it'll always be just three or four years away at worst. :)
0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor

#810

Maybe Gearbox will get hold of it, release it, and it'll be that linear build game you always wanted :)
0

Share this topic:


  • 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options