• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is online   X-Vector 

View PostHulkNukem, on 16 June 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

Forgot all about this in all the other E3 news

Not surprising, since there seems to be next to no media exposure regarding this game, even though it's supposed (?) to be released in a couple of months.
I did a search on "E3 2015 Bombshell" (without the quotes, week period) and the Saving Content piece was the only article relating to Interceptor's work in progress rather than Microsoft and Sony "dropping bombshells".

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

GET WAIFU'D UP THIS AUGUST!

User is offline   K100 

New trailer : http://www.gameinfor...f-gameplay.aspx

User is offline   Loke 

JewTube link:

User is offline   HulkNukem 

No official release date? :)

Not going to lie nice trailer but how about a release date really tired of just 2015 How about like a August 2 , 2015 Oct 25 2015

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostTurok 64 Jr, on 25 June 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

Not going to lie nice trailer but how about a release date really tired of just 2015 How about like a August 2 , 2015 Oct 25 2015

You know that the originators of Soon would never be able to adhere to a specific date like that.

User is offline   Sixty Four 

• Turok Nukem

I got to say I really like the new Lady much(x3) better then the last honestly and game looks good and some of the enemies were interesting nice trailer. I like the little punch lines she throws out there its funny but cool at the same time. Not really a fan of rpg games Bombshell is the exception for me, keep up the good work.

This post has been edited by Duke64Ghost: 25 June 2015 - 08:32 PM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

Looks like some of the ideas found in older, unreleased iterations of DNF have been incorporated into Bombshell. Perhaps more so than we'll ever know, because Frederick has access to all the incomplete builds and could've very well found inspiration in things that we never knew existed in the first place.

Can't wait until 2015...er, make that later in 2015. :)

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 25 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

It will be released late August..

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostDukeNukem64, on 25 June 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

It will be released late August..

I was going to say this too as I thought the trailer might have been made before the August date but, the Bombshell Facebook page is saying 2015 as well... https://www.facebook...70&pagefilter=3

I think it is due to the console release that will come after the pc release. :)
However I base my August statement from a night in Aalborg where I met Fred and Becky..

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Maybe Interceptor/3DR finally learnt their lesson with countdowns and release dates :)

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostDukeNukem64, on 25 June 2015 - 10:56 PM, said:

I think it is due to the console release that will come after the pc release. :)
However I base my August statement from a night in Aalborg where I met Fred and Becky..

Exactly when did this meeting occur? Was there any alcohol involved before the mentioning of "August"? :(

Yes a lot it was Aalborg Carneval :)
So like 50-60000 drunk people?

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

How don't I remember this Duke64 ;P

Well you did leave early with that.. Girl of yours :)

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I guess that's the end of office visits at 3DR then :-p

This got creepy really quick

Still don't have a release date.
"Maybe August" or "2015" isn't concrete enough, the later half of 2015 is packed as it is so I hope Bombshell isn't lost in the shuffle.

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostTea Monster, on 26 June 2015 - 02:24 PM, said:

I guess that's the end of office visits at 3DR then :-p

I'm bracing for the libel lawsuit. :)

View PostDuke Rocks, on 25 June 2015 - 08:45 PM, said:

Looks like some of the ideas found in older, unreleased iterations of DNF have been incorporated into Bombshell.

What are you talking about, specifically? All that trailer makes me feel is frustration, because this could have been a great Duke Nukem game, while the cyborg villain I don't remember the name of would have been awesome, had he been who he really is (Doctor Proton).

P. S.
This is a question to Frederik, who undoubtedly knows more about Bombshell, and who she was supposed to be in the previous iterations of DNF, than we do. I'm currently gathering inteviews for my Duke Nukem Forever Museum site, and I found some interesting lines.

George Broussard, on September 1, 1998, said:

Duke will interact with her in key parts of the game and their "relationship" will grow from these encounters.

George Broussard, on October 19, 1998, said:

BombShell is not a sidekick. She's simply a new character in the Duke universe. She has a mind of her own and doesn't like men very much, at least men like Duke.

Scott Miller, on November 18, 1999, said:

Bombshell is a somewhat complex character who's involved in a few plot surprises.

And from an old DNF FAQ:

She will originally be under Dr. Proton's command, but somehow Duke gets her to help him. Bombshell seems to be the only woman who isn't attracted to Duke, so Duke naturally makes the assumption that she is a lesbian. Whether she actually is a lesbian, or if Duke just thinks that is currently unknown.

So:
- not attracted to Duke
- Their "relationship" will grow
- Plot surprises

I'll put two and two together here, and conclude that Bombshell would have been revealed to be Duke Nukem's sister. Frederik, do you confirm?

P. P. S.
HOLY SHIT! I just googled "duke nukem's sister" and discovered that Arcade Sushi actually refers to Bombshell as Duke Nukem's sister! So... confirmed?

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 06 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

Let's put it this way; Duke Nukem's father was exactly like him, except instead of 80's and 90's action movies he was more of a Clint Eastwood character. He also had a billion baby mamas, so Duke actually has a ton of sisters and brothers.

...actually that would mean at some point Duke inevitably falls into inbreeding. Nevermind, Duke was a science experiment.

View PostHulkNukem, on 06 July 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Nevermind, Duke was a science experiment.

That's what I think too. With his DNA assembled from the ground up by Doctor Proton in Area 51. And Bombshell was the result of Doctor Proton wondering what would happen if he just replaced that Y chromosome with an extra X chromosome.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 06 July 2015 - 11:35 AM

View PostHulkNukem, on 06 July 2015 - 08:28 AM, said:

Nevermind, Duke was a science experiment.

I always hated that, it kind of removes his badassery. I like to think that it comes naturally, mixed in with some 'roids, women and ass kicking. Not genetically enhanced.

View PostNever Forgotten, on 06 July 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

I always hated that, it kind of removes his badassery. I like to think that it comes naturally, mixed in with some 'roids, women and ass kicking. Not genetically enhanced.

No amount of badassery and steroids will make your health increase when you perform certain actions. Although, I agree that "genetically enhanced" would be cliché, which is why I'd rather see him as genetically synthesized. Meaning, not a human whose DNA was changed as an experiment, but a human who was born after a genome was built from scratch and inserted into a zygote.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

You guys are taking the game too seriously. It doesn't need an explanation any more than Mario not getting serious concussions every time he hits a question mark block hard enough for coins to pop out.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 06 July 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

You guys are taking the game too seriously. It doesn't need an explanation any more than Mario not getting serious concussions every time he hits a question mark block hard enough for coins to pop out.

Wrong. Mario doesn't need an explanation because it's made for the lowest common denominator: Nintentards want to part themselves from their money to buy the same nonsensical game over and over, so Shigeru Miyamoto is happy to give them what they want. On the other hand, Duke Nukem must absolutely be taken seriously, to have a chance of being rescued from the laughingstock heap.
I make guesses about Duke's story because I care about Duke, and I play Duke games because I care about Duke. On the other hand, I don't make guesses about Mario's story because I don't care about Mario, and I don't play Mario games because I don't care about Mario.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 06 July 2015 - 01:58 PM

• Glory To Motherland!

It's people like you that are the reason I abandoned the gamer subculture.

"Duke Nukem must be taken seriously"??? The box cover of DN3D is a freaking parody of Army Of Darkness, for goodness sake!

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 06 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Posted Image

• Glory To Motherland!

Hey, I'm allowed to lurk. And there is a difference between gaming and being part of a subculture - a subculture that struggles to make a distinction between "hardcore gamers" and "filthy casuals". :)

This post has been edited by Spastic Lagomorph: 06 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options