• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bombshell

User is offline   Player Lin 

What the hell is this thread again...

I just hope the 1.1 patch will come out soon... :dukeaffirmative:

Well, I'm not sure are you sarcastic or not...MetHy...uh, my friend never refunds any his games at all, and that's his first time for sure...but whatever, that's not just a excuse if you ask me.

User is offline   MetHy 

I was saying I find it surprising he got a refund under that reason. Would you even try getting a refund in a store under the reason you don't like the controls?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 27 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMetHy, on 27 February 2016 - 05:47 AM, said:

I was saying I find it surprising he got a refund under that reason. Would you even try getting a refund in a store under the reason you don't like the controls?

On Steam, even if you simply do not like that game (after an hour or so play), you can get a refund. I rather see people get their money back than flooding the social media and complaining and whining for ever.

As for the control issues: at the 3D Realms forums, someone suggested to get a Xbox (or equivalent) controller to play the game more fluently. This could cost $ 110.00 Canadian extra. So yes, the player may even have a point. :dukeaffirmative:

User is offline   Jblade 

If you want a refund, just say the game crashes. I tried to return Evil Within after having only played about 80 minutes by saying it wasn't fun and they refused it. I returned Dragon's Dogma after playing for 4 hours by saying it crashed on me constantly (well it did once) and they refunded it for me.

User is offline   Daedolon 

• Ancient Blood God

What the fuck, people.

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

View PostPlayer Lin, on 27 February 2016 - 12:52 AM, said:

I just hope the 1.1 patch will come out soon... :whistling:

Interceptor just released an update on the patch's status.

As most of you know, after the Bombshell release we've been doing extensive analysis of all reviews (Both good and bad), all user reviews, and comments from the Steam community and our forums.

We're happy to announce that we're close to being done with Bombshell 1.1, which will address a host of issue we've found that you've fed back on. Everything from balancing, new features, complete overhauls of certain gameplay mechanics, etc.

And it's massive! Tons of bugfixes, brand new features and a new free DLC included called "Shellshock Missions".

We would like to invite Bombshell fans to try out these new features, before we release the patch in the wild.

Next week we'll make a new branch of the game available. You'll be able to opt-in to try out the new update, and allow us to get some final feedback before the release.

We hope you'll enjoy all the great new features!

Spoiler

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 27 February 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

Interceptor just released an update on the patch's status.

Spoiler

WOW! That is a LOT of stuff going on there. Would be great if they are able to "recover" from the rather poor release.

MrBlackCat

User is offline   Hank 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 27 February 2016 - 05:32 PM, said:

I'll have to wait until it's uploaded on GoG to test all this. Superfine stuff though, especially anything to do with the controls. :woot:
Also, same as MrBlackCat just wrote: I hope the work they put in gets some fair publicity also :whistling:

This post has been edited by Hank: 27 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostMrBlackCat, on 27 February 2016 - 06:33 PM, said:

WOW! That is a LOT of stuff going on there. Would be great if they are able to "recover" from the rather poor release.

MrBlackCat

They're really trying to turn things around so that players are generally happy with the game before the console versions are released. I'm definitely going to give things another try when patch 1.1 is out.

User is offline   Player Lin 

I don't get what's wrong with that reason for refund... :whistling:

But actually, control problem just one of reasons he want to refund the game, instant kill holes/problematic(?) targeting enemies with mouse/inconsistency difficulty etc...yeah, I suggested my friend should be try Bombshell again after some patches released, the 1.0.x version just not great. :\

Also, I know it'll be console game too, but since this is PC version, using controller to play it seems weird for me...even its control would be better...nah, sadly I don't get the points of complaining "reasons of refund" at all. :woot:

View PostTerminX, on 27 February 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

They're really trying to turn things around so that players are generally happy with the game before the console versions are released. I'm definitely going to give things another try when patch 1.1 is out.

Yeah, since I really disappointed by RotT 2013, I really looking forward the patched of Bombshell...and DLCs! :P

I hope they can added something like limit the game's fps after ALT+TAB out, because it still use full power for the game after I ALT+TAB to check my browser or something...

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 28 February 2016 - 12:00 AM

Any release date for the consoles? I am still waiting, however seeing how the game flopped I can wait for the game to be perfectly patched etc.

The game looks interesting. It reminds of playing Balder's Gate Dark Alliance 1 & 2 on the good'ol PS2 which were very fun to play. Just wish it would get ported to the XB360, but that won't probably happen because Microsoft is done with the XB360 this year (sighs).

• el fundador

https://i.imgur.com/To7gTXn.png

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

That looks magnificent!

What res are those textures?

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 11 March 2016 - 03:42 PM

Hot patootie that looks groovy!

• el fundador

Most of the textures are 128x128 but we have a lot of 256x128, 128x256, etc.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

View PostTerminX, on 11 March 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Looks freaking beautiful!

Wow, it looks so crisp and clear! How modified was the engine compared to eDuke?

This post has been edited by PikaCommando: 11 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

It is eduke. They might have added some extra transparency options for OpenGL and some other things but that'd be available to everyone.

What exactly makes it crisper or cleaner than other images you've seen? It's probably just the texture art and Davox's quality texturing and architecture.

User is online   brullov 

• Senior Artist at TGK

View PostMicky C, on 11 March 2016 - 08:25 PM, said:

It is eduke. They might have added some extra transparency options for OpenGL and some other things but that'd be available to everyone.

What exactly makes it crisper or cleaner than other images you've seen? It's probably just the texture art and Davox's quality texturing and architecture.

For me, it doesn't look like style of Davox's mapping here.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostArtem Nevinchany, on 12 March 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

For me, it doesn't look like style of Davox's mapping here.

Yeah, it looks like someone else's I know
Posted Image

User is online   zykov eddy 

View PostTerminX, on 11 March 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Holy crap, this looks million times better than the main game, can't wait to play this. This is gonna be a great showcase of EDuke 32 capabilities, hope it will be a big hit!

User is online   zykov eddy 

This only screenshot makes other indie "old-fps" style games look pathetic.This is what you get when you team up best mappers from Duke 3D scene.

• el fundador

https://i.imgur.com/e2XoCtX.png

User is offline   HulkNukem 

Thats a lot of bullet casings

• el fundador

View PostHulkNukem, on 12 March 2016 - 02:48 PM, said:

Thats a lot of bullet casings

It's a lot of gun.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That looks goooooooood.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Holly shit!! Does people are being payed for this? It would be a crime if not! Looking forwards for the release!

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View Postzykov eddy, on 12 March 2016 - 05:25 AM, said:

This only screenshot makes other indie "old-fps" style games look pathetic.This is what you get when you team up best mappers from Duke 3D scene.

Yeah, I'd certainly pay $30 for a solid 7-8 hour campaign of consistent quality like that in true 90s Build fashion.

That sort of thing interests me a lot more than what most indie FPS games seem to be, which is a randomly generated level often with a roguelike thing going on. The art of the FPS campaign must not be lost, baby

Share this topic:

• 53 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options