Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Heavy metal suits them at certain times but they are much more dynamic than just metal.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I don't recall any metal in Duke3D. Not even the main theme. Lee's Grabbag is more rock than metal.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 22 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

Yeah something that bugs me about new titles is that the soundtrack must be either an epic larger-than-life at-the-end-of-the-days whatever orchestral stuff a la Hans Zimmer or some badass powerchord metal, (without counting random Dubstep) There's still a lot of arrangement possibilities out there.

BTW this thread is starting to lose its shine! Where is the new material! ^_^

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 22 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

I guess we're not going to see anything new until the 3DR site relaunches in mid july with this 'reveal' or whatever, lets hope its something good.

User is offline   jet_nick 

we want new 3dr site now ahahahah

User is offline   Dr_Proton 

This post has been edited by Dr_Proton: 27 June 2014 - 01:28 AM

View Postjet_nick, on 26 June 2014 - 12:52 PM, said:

we want new 3dr site now ahahahah

no we dont

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 June 2014 - 12:14 PM, said:

I don't recall any metal in Duke3D. Not even the main theme. Lee's Grabbag is more rock than metal.

It was in Duke Nukem 2 though. Maybe that's why I thought metal suited Duke Nukem 3D. In any case, I sometimes play DN3D with a custom soundtrack that includes metal tracks.

Any updates on new beta/alpha stuff or the 3D Realms website ? Or is this thread pretty much dead now ?

User is offline   Kyanos 

Fred has mentioned the web site recently here. And posted today. Check out the new logos they are thinking of :P
http://forums.duke4....3d-realms-logo/
Here is my favorite!
Posted Image

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDr_Proton, on 05 July 2014 - 08:13 AM, said:

Any updates on new beta/alpha stuff or the 3D Realms website ? Or is this thread pretty much dead now ?

It's not dead. You may have noticed that the majority of the content was stuff that I posted... I just moved across the country and my bedroom doesn't even have furniture in it yet. There's more real life stuff on my plate first, but I will definitely be looking at some of this stuff again real soon.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostDrek, on 05 July 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Fred has mentioned the web site recently here. And posted today. Check out the new logos they are thinking of :P
Here is my favorite!
Posted Image

I like it. Although I would change the yellow a bit.

View PostTerminX, on 05 July 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

It's not dead. You may have noticed that the majority of the content was stuff that I posted... I just moved across the country and my bedroom doesn't even have furniture in it yet. There's more real life stuff on my plate first, but I will definitely be looking at some of this stuff again real soon.

You're right, real life is more important. And it's awesome that we have guys like you in the community :P

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

real life stuff

Eeeewwwww!

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

Real life stuff... Yukky... don't step in it.

I thought that was why games and the internet were created, to compensate for overdoses of Real Life? :P

TheMrBlackCat

User is offline   Shaq Fu 

View PostDrek, on 05 July 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

Here is my favorite!
Posted Image

I don't think it's all that bad. He just needs to make it resemble the original logo a little bit more color-wise.

Posted Image

Here's a little sloppy example I made:
Posted Image - I kind of messed up on the yellow but you guys get the idea.

This post has been edited by Grounder: 06 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Doesn't need the original colors exactly, I don't think.

User is offline   Kyanos 

so about that new 3DR site...

By submitting (e.g., uploading) Content to the 3D Realms Message Board, you automatically grant 3D Realms the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sub licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.

Is this still going to be the legal stance on posting?

• el fundador

View PostDrek, on 08 July 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

so about that new 3DR site...

Is this still going to be the legal stance on posting?

It's a cover your ass sort of thing, so asshats can't suggest ideas for games, have them be implemented and turn around and try to sue for "stealing" their idea.

User is offline   Kyanos 

View PostTerminX, on 08 July 2014 - 08:30 AM, said:

It's a cover your ass sort of thing, so asshats can't suggest ideas for games, have them be implemented and turn around and try to sue for "stealing" their idea.

I kinda get it. But I prefer this. From the bottom of all Duke4 threads.

All trademarks are property of their respective owners and all comments are owned by their posters

• el fundador

I prefer that too, and in fact I'm the one who put it there. I just understand why the 3DR forums say what they do.

However, maybe with 3DR being owned by a non-US parent entity it doesn't need to be there anymore? The company no longer resides in the land of bullshit lawsuits, and Texas in particular is/was a gigantic lawsuit haven.

User is offline   Nefar 

It's taking too long already... How many builds you have found so far? Will be it finally ready at launch of 3DR site?

This post has been edited by Nefar: 08 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

• el fundador

View PostNefar, on 08 July 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

It's taking too long already... How many builds you have found so far? And when all stuff will be organized and finally ready to release?

Yeah, about the best way to get me to not do anything at all is to complain that I'm not volunteering my time fast enough or in a great enough quantity.

User is offline   Nefar 

View PostTerminX, on 08 July 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Yeah, about the best way to get me to not do anything at all is to complain that I'm not volunteering my time fast enough or in a great enough quantity.

I'm not complain you at all, I just asked you a few questions. I'll wait for this stuff until my death, as all people in this thread.

View PostNefar, on 08 July 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

It's taking too long already... How many builds you have found so far? Will be it finally ready at launch of 3DR site?

Well as TerminX already said in his post he has stuff to do that are more important. Okay then let's move on with the thread :P

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

3DR used a nasty EXE protection tool on a few things (at least one prototype, and a couple old copies of the BUILD editor) called "AEGIS" (or "ÆGIS") by "Software Security, Inc." that requires a parallel port dongle that no one has any more. Today I finally defeated it. (EDIT: For some cases, but not all.)

I think this is about all I can show from said prototype:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Hendricks266: 21 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

User is offline   pjVgt 

View PostHendricks266, on 12 July 2014 - 02:03 AM, said:

I think this is about all I can show from said prototype:

Posted Image

Hmmm... Blood proto?

This post has been edited by pjVgt: 12 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

User is offline   Lunick 

I like the new 3D Realms logo.

• Weaponized Autism

Haven't had any luck getting the protos of this to work except for the earliest, but this is neat on its own:

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options