Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

If you could NUKEMDAVE, always copy FB-hosted images to Imgur. 1) The URL of a Facebook image can be traced back to the uploading user (and potentially deleted). 2) Privacy enforcing browser extensions like Ghostery and Disconnect will prevent Facebook images from loading in the page.

Fixed.

User is online   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I wrote a batch script that can detect if any of the files in a zip file have a password. Fred sent us more data today and I ran it on that.

T:\Fresch\devs>zippasscount.bat
138 password-protected zips.

T:\Fresch\devs>

/cocks shotgun

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

It's time to kick pass(word) and chew bubble gum.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 April 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Since they can't share anything DNF related, here are a few screenshots I've found. I think I've posted some of these here on the forums somewhere before, but here they are again for anyone who missed them. I found these on Dirk Jones' Facebook page:

Posted Image

As an aside I actually recreated this mesh.

Attached File  DNF_QUAKE_TEST.jpg (134.12K)
Number of downloads: 749

Needs work. I'd love to see more of this stuff. I always loved the minimal polycount blocky look of the Quake era stuff. You had to get really creative to keep things within a tight poly count and low res palette limited skin.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

138 password-protected zips.

Wow... I hope for your sake that it doesn't take too much direct time investment to crack these things.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 21 April 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:

Land of the Babes:
Posted Image

I want those models!!!!!

Hey Frederick, if Duke Mass Destruction has other Duke outfits, please make the Commando Duke and Combat Duke unlockable outfits in the game!!

Fuck I love this thread! B)

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMickey C, on 21 April 2014 - 07:37 PM, said:

Wow... I hope for your sake that it doesn't take too much direct time investment to crack these things.

Already up to 95 opened of 138. Incremental SW source code backups fell like dominoes.

/switches to chaingun

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostHendricks266, on 21 April 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

They really should have left him with the secondary attack, otherwise it's quite easy to prevent him from using the rockets.

User is offline   Mike Norvak 

• Music Producer

How on earth I missed all this?

Best thread ever, about anything on any universe.

Thanks a lot Frederik!!!

And of course TerminX and Evan for the invaluable effort B)

---------

Can't. Keep. Writting. Need. Those. Unreleased. Songs... B) Dies...

This post has been edited by Mike Norvak: 21 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

View PostFox, on 21 April 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

They really should have left him with the secondary attack, otherwise it's quite easy to prevent him from using the rockets.

I don't think an extra attack is worth making him look like a serial child molester.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

If the Commander can fire rockets from his butthole, the Overlord can hold a gun with his dick.

This post has been edited by Fox: 21 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

User is offline   Komenja 

View PostFox, on 21 April 2014 - 09:39 PM, said:

If the Commander can fire rockets from his butthole, the Overlord can hold a gun with his dick.

The gun is his dick. You don't just become Overlord of an alien army without making some serious personal sacrifices. Gotta prove your dedication.

View PostKomenja, on 21 April 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

The gun is his dick. You don't just become Overlord of an alien army without making some serious personal sacrifices. Gotta prove your dedication.

Battlelord is the toughest of the 3 bosses though, and he doesn't seem to need any personal sacrifices.

• Weaponized Autism

I found one more password-protected zip inside another zip. Fortunately, I already knew its password. That brings the totals to:

Round 1: 12/13
Round 2: 136/139

User is offline   Aguila 

View PostHendricks266, on 22 April 2014 - 01:30 AM, said:

I found one more password-protected zip inside another zip. Fortunately, I already knew its password. That brings the totals to:

Round 1: 12/13
Round 2: 136/139

Posted Image Keep it up, man!

This post has been edited by Aguila: 22 April 2014 - 01:42 AM

• Weaponized Autism

I'm up to 138/139. If I could figure out what BASIC program Ken used in 1994, I might make some progress toward #13 of round 1.

In other news, the LA night skybox is a scan from a book or a magazine.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

User is offline   Kyanos 

I have to assume you checked here http://advsys.net/ken/qb/qb.htm

And I have to post in case you didn't. Great work you and Tx are up to!! Cheers!

• Weaponized Autism

Posted Image

Spoiler

User is offline   Kyanos 

^^^
IMO best post ever!!! Omg, that pigcop voxel is to die for.

Added:
New best post ever. VVV

This post has been edited by Drek: 22 April 2014 - 04:19 AM

• Weaponized Autism

Spoiler

dat double barrel smg

View PostHendricks266, on 22 April 2014 - 04:15 AM, said:

Spoiler

Wait a second, WHAT? Do you think there is a full set for it? Or have you already extracted it and are just showing us the run anim for now?

• Weaponized Autism

That's all there is. Unless you like turret voxels.

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Wow, there was never any indication they made voxel versions of the enemies for Duke. I wonder if this was something experimented with before or after release.

Having said that the voxel clearly has some problems, and I wonder if we can do a better job of it with today's methods and the original models

Just curious, has there been any sign of the version of ROTT that still had the female and alternate variations of enemies? Or at least, the cut sprite assets themselves? Hornback's HDD was mentioned, and he stated in this interview that he was the one who did all of the sprite digitizing for the game, hence potentially on that HDD.

View PostMickey C, on 22 April 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

Wow, there was never any indication they made voxel versions of the enemies for Duke. I wonder if this was something experimented with before or after release.

Having said that the voxel clearly has some problems, and I wonder if we can do a better job of it with today's methods and the original models

I was thinking the same thing, if the older models are released, they could be converted with POLY2VOX and then we'd have perfect voxels.
They would probably require a bit of editing for blood though.

User is offline   MetHy 

Those voxels look awesome; but aren't they for the early DNF made for build or quake engine in which case they can't be shared? I'm assuming this do the "1997" date right there; unless that was something they were planning to add to Atomic edition but ended up not finishing....

Should I just shut up ? B) There is no way Gearbox can known this wasn't for duke3D, right ?

This post has been edited by MetHy: 22 April 2014 - 05:01 AM

• Weaponized Autism

These are plainly derivative works of Duke 3D art.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

Kickass Hendricks!
The Voxel Pigcop looks really cool, and kinda cute B)

What's interesting is that the Pigcop voxel is using the old double-barrel shotgun design seen in pre-release media, not the regular shotgun that was used in the final game. I"m guessing it was easier for Dirk Jones to use the old model as a reference for whatever reason, but it's still kinda weird.

Share this topic:

• 82 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options