Duke4.net Forums: Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material - Duke4.net Forums

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

• 78 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke3D & SW - Early/Alpha/Beta/Gold Material

View PostThe Kins, on 18 July 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

I'm not sure why this thread needed to be bumped... but let's make some actual use out of it: Are there any cool TCs, mods or custom maps that aim to polish any of the released prototype stuff up into a more final form? I know there's some cleaned up weapon and enemy sprites by Cage out there, but I was wondering about playable things rather than standalone assets. An updated, retail-ified version of L6 from LameDuke would kick ass, as unrealistic as it is to ask of anyone on account of it being fuck-off huge. Yeah, I know bits of it made it into the final game, but you know what I mean...

A mod or TC to refine the prototype, apart from LameDuke, I do not see anything else. If not, a mod or TC that enhances the original game, yes absolutely.

I'm talking about Beta Enforcer.

I've recreated the Beta Enforcer at my best some time ago (an edited version got a role in AMC TC). The chaingun still vanilla. https://forums.duke4...post__p__291686

This post has been edited by Fantinaikos: 19 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostFantinaikos, on 19 July 2019 - 07:26 AM, said:

I've recreated the Beta Enforcer at my best some time ago (an edited version got a role in AMC TC). The chaingun still vanilla. https://forums.duke4...post__p__291686

Yes, I had seen it. The work is very good.

User is offline   The Kins 

View PostFirefly_Trooper, on 19 July 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

A mod or TC to refine the prototype, apart from LameDuke, I do not see anything else. If not, a mod or TC that enhances the original game, yes absolutely.
...what?

User is offline   Jim Rockford 

• Banned on Rigel

Almost everything he posts is some kind of word salad, man.

A good meal from Duke, with scripting sauce.

The Kins, on 18 July 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

An updated, retail-ified version of L6 from LameDuke would kick ass

I was experimenting with that concept last year. I gave up, due to the Polymer lights I had added randomly disappearing. https://forums.duke4...656#entry295656

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• Buy Mage's Initiation!

That happens when there are too many at once. I discovered that in my Black Mesa remake map I never finished. If you don't know, you can set the priority of Polymer lights with the 3 transparency settings of the SE sprite. Higher priority lights will pushed to the top of the list of Polymer lights to keep and lower priority will be removed (deactivated) first.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 21 July 2019 - 01:45 PM

How many is too many? So far, this is what I have.

In the street:
- 14 white lights for the lampposts
- one more white light for the bar entrance
- two red lights for the bar and cinema signs
- a gray light for the big screen on the building wall

In the bar:
- a gray light for the TV
- a blue light for the cocktail glass neon sign
- one more blue light, and a red light, for the dancing floor

The only lights that disappear are the white lights on the street.

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 22 July 2019 - 07:13 AM

• Buy Mage's Initiation!

I'm not sure. I think it's possibly dependent on hardware performance? I'm not sure what governs it. I think it's also only true for lights that are visible at any one time.

I myself tested LameDuke with Dosbox and that is really fascinating.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 22 July 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

I'm not sure. I think it's possibly dependent on hardware performance? I'm not sure what governs it. I think it's also only true for lights that are visible at any one time.

My PC is not exactly underperforming (i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 10 GB of RAM) so I'll write it down to Polymer's lack of optimization.

Meanwhile, with Darkplaces...
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Altered Reality: 24 July 2019 - 01:52 PM

• Buy Mage's Initiation!

I do know I didn't even have 14 lights in my map and they were disappearing.

Share this topic:

• 78 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Fury! ;) © 2019 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options