Duke4.net Forums: The Future of 3D Realms - Fan Feedback! - Duke4.net Forums

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Future of 3D Realms - Fan Feedback!

User is online   Lunick 

You guys have to see some of the stuff Fred is posting on Facebook: https://www.facebook...ederikschreiber

https://www.facebook...3&stream_ref=10

View PostLunick, on 04 April 2014 - 02:50 PM, said:

You guys have to see some of the stuff Fred is posting on Facebook: https://www.facebook...ederikschreiber

https://www.facebook...3&stream_ref=10

I can't put myself through the incredible effort of clicking links related to his facebook.
Tell me just this.
Is there anything other than really close up selfies that expose the inside of his nose or his hipster hair on that profile?

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 07 April 2014 - 10:37 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

This

User is online   Lunick 

;) :D :D :) :)

"Very rare Duke3D Box, with a stripper on the side. This was removed in the later retail versions due to Wallmart requirements."
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I don't care if you like Fred or not but you should watch the video of this awesome case https://www.facebook...3&stream_ref=10

This post has been edited by Lunick: 07 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I think that everyone has come to terms with the fact that he is deeply in love with himself and is very happy :-)

Were just interested to find out what's going on.

It's great to see those boxes.

User is offline   Malgon 

Would love to have those game boxes in my collection. That 3D Realms box just looks too cool.

View PostMalgon, on 08 April 2014 - 12:44 AM, said:

Would love to have those game boxes in my collection. That 3D Realms box just looks too cool.

Sorry mate, you have to go buy your own old legendary gaming company if you collect old unique game boxes too!
This is how it's like these days.
If you feel that you're missing some important one of a kind very oldschool developer only collectibles, you just have to go and buy out the entire company company I'm afraid.
After that you can make as many facebook videos and boast with the most valuable things that you've gained when buying an old legendary gaming company.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 08 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 08 April 2014 - 03:41 AM, said:

Sorry mate, you have to go buy your own old legendary gaming company if you collect old unique game boxes too!
This is how it's like these days.
If you feel that you're missing some important one of a kind very oldschool developer only collectibles, you just have to go and buy out the entire company company I'm afraid.
After that you can make as many facebook videos and boast with the most valuable things that you've gained when buying an old legendary gaming company.

Well. That's a rude thing to say. *Think* before you post!

he has 2 settings. rude and 'not giving a fuck'

User is offline   MrBlackCat 

While I enjoy seeing older games, back when they had boxes etc, and I am not trying to play Forum Police here, but I would like to know a bit about the future of 3D Realms... The thread title seems a bit off... or at least lacking input from Interceptor.

As far as the images... not to judge here, but are these posts intentions...
A. I have one and you don't.
B. I am so happy I have these, I just wanted to share them with fellow gamers.
C. I am insecure about myself in general or with all the "hate", so I am trying to PROVE I am like "you guys" too.

Maybe a mix, maybe other things not listed. I don't know.

I try to give the guy benefit of doubt because some people aren't good at expressing themselves or ideas... I know I have become more and more hesitant to show images of my collection and game room due to people taking it wrong. So I think... maybe this guy is like myself and is aware of how lucky he is to have these things and because of that, enjoys sharing them with others who appreciate them.

Either way, I would like to learn about even just IDEAS of the possible future of 3D Realms.

MrBlackCat

This post has been edited by MrBlackCat: 08 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Mr.Deviance rules. His posts always crack me up. He was great during the DNF debacle.

User is offline   Frederik Schreiber 

• Slipgate Studios

All of the feedback posted in this thread has been taken into consideration.
A lot of great comments and suggestions, that we are going use going forward - Thank you for that!

About the Facebook images.
We want to share some of the "Findings" that comes with the acquirement, instead of holding it back, so you guys can enjoy them as much as we do.

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 09 April 2014 - 02:24 AM, said:

About the Facebook images.
We want to share some of the "Findings" that comes with the acquirement

We? It looks like it's just you calling yourself We because it makes you feel more important when you brag with that stuff on facebook.
Maybe it's just my opinion but I think you are trying to wrap yourself into all of 3drealm's former glory and push your own status up to the guy that buys a legend and automatically becomes part of that legend himself just because he threw away some money on it.

If you are "funny" enough to somehow think that you will become more important than just this everyday narcissistic hipster that you already are by becoming the ceo of a legendary oldschool company that already sold most of it's major ips and stopped being able to make anything by itself in the last 10 years, then you are sadly mistaken.
Almost everybody that knows who 3dRealms was, knows that it used to be associated with great games many years ago and that by the time you bought it, it was already long dead.
So good luck with the stacks of dos game boxes and do everybody a favor and stop calling yourself "We" until you actually produce something worthy yourself.

The day when I will see your name plastered on a great new game, remake or sequel, I will be the first to call you sir.
Until then buzz off and go bathe in 3drealm's former glory somewhere else.

This post has been edited by Mr.Deviance: 09 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

View PostMr.Deviance, on 09 April 2014 - 03:33 AM, said:

We? It looks like it's just you calling yourself We because it makes you feel more important when you brag with that stuff on facebook.
Maybe it's just my opinion but I think you are trying to wrap yourself into all of 3drealm's former glory and push your own status up to the guy that buys a legend and automatically becomes part of that legend himself just because he threw away some money on it.

If you are "funny" enough to somehow think that you will become more important than just this everyday narcissistic hipster that you already are by becoming the ceo of a legendary oldschool company that already sold most of it's major ips and stopped being able to make anything by itself in the last 10 years, then you are sadly mistaken.
Almost everybody that knows who 3dRealms was, knows that it used to be associated with great games many years ago and that by the time you bought it, it was already long dead.
So good luck with the stacks of dos game boxes and do everybody a favor and stop calling yourself "We" until you actually produce something worthy yourself.

The day when I will see your name plastered on a great new game, remake or sequel, I will be the first to call you sir.
Until then buzz off and go bathe in 3drealm's former glory somewhere else.

Damn you seem bitter. I for one, enjoy to see all of those stuff. I can't really be the only one feeling nostalgic and having faith in those new developers such as Interceptor or FWH as an example.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Get over it, Deviance. I, for one, am happy he's sharing stuff like this with us. We could do a lot worse, so far.

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I, for one, believe that we use "I, for one" to the point that it has lost meaning.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

If there are any film reels or video tapes containing footage of the Zero Hour or Land of the Babes commercials and could be released in the highest quality possible, that'd be great.

This post has been edited by NUKEMDAVE: 09 April 2014 - 07:27 PM

• Slipgate Studios

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on 09 April 2014 - 07:26 PM, said:

If there are any film reels or video tapes containing footage of the Zero Hour or Land of the Babes commercials and could be released in the highest quality possible, that'd be great.

There is a "Land of Babes" Promotional Package with a VHS tape in it.
Even though I can't imagine the quality is very good.
I'll try to get one of our guys to rip it :)

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View PostFrederik Schreiber, on 09 April 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

There is a "Land of Babes" Promotional Package with a VHS tape in it.
Even though I can't imagine the quality is very good.
I'll try to get one of our guys to rip it :)

It'll probably still be a little bit better quality than the video file that's available out there, depending on how well it's ripped. I saw this VHS rip of the Zero Hour commercial on YouTube that someone managed to get their hands on and it looks slightly better:

The framerate seems to be higher.

User is offline   fredfuchz 

With Fred in charge 3D Realms has no future.

User is online   Lunick 

What a great first post.
Posted Image

Well, i can expect a future where 3D Realms is renamed to Fred Realms and 3DR's logo is replaced by Fred's face and his awesome hairdo. Screw Scott's head, it's Fred's head FTW.

This post has been edited by fredfuchz: 15 April 2014 - 06:25 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Oh boy, another shitposter. I'll give you a chance though because Fred Fuchs is one of the funniest AVGN bits.

Also, if that VHS tape has never been played and has been stored properly, it should actually produce a pretty damn good quality rip.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 15 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

View PostJimmy, on 15 April 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

Oh boy, another shitposter. I'll give you a chance though because Fred Fuchs is one of the funniest AVGN bits.

Also, if that VHS tape has never been played and has been stored properly, it should actually produce a pretty damn good quality rip.

Why, I appreciate that. Though I dont think that not being a Fred fan inmediately turns me into a crapposter. I just dont like Fred. I thought ROTT2013 sucked ass, and that he is just riding on the old glories of 3DR/Apogee to make a name for himself. I'm not buying any future Duke games, unless Gearbox makes it.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Sure his 1st post sucked...... but common, the third one is true.

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 15 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Whoooaaaa. No way, man. I don't care how bad Fred is, Gearbox is worse.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 15 April 2014 - 08:04 PM, said:

Whoooaaaa. No way, man. I don't care how bad Fred is, Gearbox is worse.

.... yeah maybe not that part.

• Slipgate Studios

View PostJimmy, on 15 April 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

We'll try and get some equipment and rip the tape.
Thanks for the info Jimmy!

Fred is too cool to care now.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Posted Image
Posted Image

I got nothin.....

Share this topic:

• 21 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options