Duke4.net Forums: Shadow Warrior: The Missing Voxels - Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack - Duke4.net Forums

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shadow Warrior: The Missing Voxels - Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack

User is offline   jkas789 

View PostDzierzan, on 24 May 2021 - 09:27 AM, said:

I am not sure if VoidSW, WangGDX or Raze can use voxfil, hence why I proposed DEF script, as all ports use that.

AFAIK they can (don't quote me on it though, I'm not really sure), however for "animated sprites" like this one:

You need to use def files. Hence why in the repackage I did there is no swvoxfil.txt. Only def files.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 24 May 2021 - 09:27 AM, said:

I am not sure if VoidSW, WangGDX or Raze can use voxfil, hence why I proposed DEF script, as all ports use that.

I tested in BuildGDX and VoidSW, the animated ninjas work fine in both.

Nevertheless, the animation for the light voxels (the one shown in jkas789 post in that video above) and the bucket of water voxels (found in level 8) work in BuildGDX not in VoidSW.

The game treats voxelized animated enemies and voxelized animated objects differently. BuildGDX being capable of showing both animated sequences (enemies and objects).

What I like about the voxfil.txt file is that you can play with the voxels, just like with the Minecraft voxels I did. For instance, here I am replacing Lo Wang with the ninja voxel:

Posted Image

Almost forgot to mention that in SWP the ninjas work. However, due to an unknown reason, they have an orange color.

In the original DOS they have a bug when they shoot at you. But if you use the BuildGDX port the bug disappears.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 24 May 2021 - 03:45 PM

User is offline   Dzierzan 

Alright, Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack on github was updated. I made sure all placeholder or unfinished voxels are not included. Plus I renamed all stuff, so it's named let's say 1234.KVX. So this way you can still use those voxels in DOS and there's no need to have two folders for that, as fgsfds did at the beginning. It only adds double work IMO.

Now, as I mentioned before, I think you gotta make a rerun of all your voxels, mxrtxn. The early ones have really bad sides. And if I add anything new to this pack, I'll update the github straight away. I highly recommend you using github as well as there can be quality control and history of what was added.

I can teach you everything about that, reach me via Discord.

https://github.com/f...rior-Voxel-Pack

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 30 May 2021 - 05:37 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 30 May 2021 - 03:30 AM, said:

Alright, Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack on github was updated. I made sure all placeholder or unfinished voxels are not included. Plus I renamed all stuff, so it's named let's say 1234.KVX. So this way you can still use those voxels in DOS and there's no need to have two folders for that, as fgsfds did at the beginning. It only adds double work IMO.

Now, as I mentioned before, I think you gotta make a rerun of all your voxels, mxrtxn. The early ones have really bad sides. And if I add anything new to this pack, I'll update the github straight away. I highly recommend you using github as well as there can be quality control and history of what was added.

I can teach you everything about that, reach me via Discord.

https://github.com/f...rior-Voxel-Pack

Thanks a lot, Dzierzan,

and yes the rerun will be done Dzierzan, I just was too focused in testing these enemy voxels (they will be retouched too).

Ohh man, I was checking more and more voxels. I'll be honest with ya. Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack is the weakest out of all voxel packs. This is unacceptable! Hence why I will help you! Other packs can wait. Let's make this one good as well!

Here's an example of my polishing:

Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 31 May 2021 - 10:26 AM

User is offline   Ninjakitty 

View PostDzierzan, on 31 May 2021 - 10:25 AM, said:

Shadow Warrior Voxel Pack is the weakest out of all voxel packs. This is unacceptable! Hence why I will help you! Other packs can wait. Let's make this one good as well!

looking forward to more of your contributions :D

You don't have to wait long!

New 415,416,417

Posted Image

Old one for comparison:

Posted Image

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Go for it, they look beautiful!

Right now my country is about to get fucked up, so I won't have too much spare time

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 31 May 2021 - 03:50 PM

View Postmxrtxn, on 31 May 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

Go for it, they look beautiful!

Right now my country is about to get fucked up, so I won't have too much spare time

Jesus mxrtxn! Don't know were you live but take care mate.

Updated 0390, 0421, 0428, 0429, 0439 (basically shading).

However, this is an interesting change of mine:

Posted Image

I did small cosmetic changes to the pot itself, but most importantly, I used different water animation which matches the original water better and it actually loops properly now.

Created 0478 from scratch:

New one:

Posted Image

Old one:

Posted Image

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View Postjkas789, on 31 May 2021 - 07:52 PM, said:

Jesus mxrtxn! Don't know were you live but take care mate.

Chile, Although it is not a war zone, after the social unrest, there will be many changes and all indicates that chaotic times are coming to this part of the world.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 01 June 2021 - 11:43 AM, said:

Updated 0390, 0421, 0428, 0429, 0439 (basically shading).

However, this is an interesting change of mine:

Posted Image

I did small cosmetic changes to the pot itself, but most importantly, I used different water animation which matches the original water better and it actually loops properly now.

Looks beautiful, it is possible to have both voxels on github? I like my version, despite not being as faithful to the original sprite

Yes, it's just a repository, a cloud drive if you want to call it. Although I am not sure if you wanna have alt version of voxels. I mean that it's better to keep all final voxels there, no experiments or alternative version of voxels (other voxel packs don't do it for a reason).

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 01 June 2021 - 02:56 PM

View Postmxrtxn, on 01 June 2021 - 02:29 PM, said:

Chile, Although it is not a war zone, after the social unrest, there will be many changes and all indicates that chaotic times are coming to this part of the world.

Again, take care mate. I can kinda understand your sentiment though, I live in México and I'm already seeing the writing on the wall.

This post has been edited by jkas789: 01 June 2021 - 02:45 PM

i think the pivot point for 478 is off a little. this is the shower room in Floating Fortress
Spoiler

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNinjakitty, on 01 June 2021 - 03:24 PM, said:

I think the pivot point for 478 is off a little. this is the shower room in Floating Fortress
Spoiler

The pivot is always an issue when making voxels that go attached to a wall, In Slab6 is correctable though.

Okay quick, Ninjakitty let me know how it works:

https://www.mediafir...1/0478.kvx/file

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 01 June 2021 - 04:35 PM

View Postmxrtxn, on 01 June 2021 - 03:50 PM, said:

Okay quick, Ninjakitty let me know how it works:

https://www.mediafir...1/0478.kvx/file

that fixed it :]

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNinjakitty, on 01 June 2021 - 04:01 PM, said:

that fixed it :]

Cool.

Posted Image

Retouching the shading of the lamp. However, I think I will have to remake the black part of the lamp. Back in the day, I made it entirely on Slab6, so is not as precise in rotation as it could be with MagicaVoxel.

Now I wanna switch my focus to another enemy to be voxelized, you probably know which one as I did its corpse in previous updates, I think It could be more interesting than the ninja.

Also, I wanna test the mechanics of one of the anime girls once voxelized:

Spoiler

Although, I don´t know how well a 2D anime spirte will translate into a voxel.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 01 June 2021 - 04:21 PM

I'd be honest with ya. Ignore voxel enemies. So far I've seen people wanting to know how to disable them (expecially corpses). Now, I was in the middle of improving this lamp (shading is one thing, but the shape of lamp? It needs improvement as well). Look, I am browsing through all your voxels and updating what I can. It should take me maybe a week. After that, I wanna start adding new voxels.

If you wanna update something, tell me it now before we start overlapping our work.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 02 June 2021 - 01:41 AM, said:

I'd be honest with ya. Ignore voxel enemies. So far I've seen people wanting to know how to disable them (expecially corpses). Now, I was in the middle of improving this lamp (shading is one thing, but the shape of lamp? It needs improvement as well). Look, I am browsing through all your voxels and updating what I can. It should take me maybe a week. After that, I wanna start adding new voxels.

If you wanna update something, tell me it now before we start overlapping our work.

Put a list of the voxels you will make one you finish your review, as simple as need. No need overcomplicate things

In that case two different voxfil files one with enemies and corpses and another one without it, hence I have two different folders in my pack. I don´t see the big issue there.
For the moment I will test different rotations of the lamp.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 02 June 2021 - 03:27 AM

Well, I can make seperate voxel.def with enemies and corpses which will be by default deactivated as it is currently for Duke Nukem Voxel Pack. Now, when it comes to voxfil, it will become as bit problematic to maintain two files. Of course I can have only one voxfill as it is and just add "x" letter, so they're disabled by default. Although I feel like this whole voxfil is only maintained for people who still use DOS for an odd reason. For instance, DOS Blood could support all custom voxels as well, but it was never done and won't be.

About custom voxels, I don't have a list, but I was looking at all tiles and I found a few, like shell castings or another bin trash.

Another totally redone voxel (0508) from scratch:

Posted Image

And for comparison:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I just didn't like how the bowl wasn't round and shrimps inside were total mess.

Redone shell, believe me or not, its shape was actually a bit wrong and of course shading was super off.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 02 June 2021 - 11:18 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 02 June 2021 - 11:18 AM, said:

Redone shell, believe me or not, its shape was actually a bit wrong and of course shading was super off.

Posted Image

that one I took it from the guys that made the addon TNE

Another redone voxel, more round as it should be and with correct side shading.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Dzierzan: 03 June 2021 - 11:28 AM

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostDzierzan, on 03 June 2021 - 11:28 AM, said:

Another redone voxel, more round as it should be and with correct side shading.

Posted Image

The orange dots in the part that receives white light instead of orange light looks odd, besides that good work fixing that addon voxel (TNE or WIWY dunno from which one is).

I will continue testing some enemies and other stuff, and perhaps one or another voxel, as the most frequent voxels are already made.

Good work

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Ok guys I was retesting the ninjas in the SWP port,

In many cases the ninjas have an odd orange color:

Posted Image

the same thing happened, with some oil drum voxel in another level.

So far I only had this particular issue with the SWP port, in VoidSW and BuildGDX works just fine.

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 03 June 2021 - 05:09 PM

View Postmxrtxn, on 03 June 2021 - 05:08 PM, said:

Ok guys I was retesting the ninjas in the SWP port,

In many cases the ninjas have an odd orange color:

i ran into that problem when i tried to voxelize ground caltrops once
unsure how i fixed it but i had to reapply the pallete or something weird

User is offline   mxrtxn 

View PostNinjakitty, on 03 June 2021 - 06:08 PM, said:

i ran into that problem when i tried to voxelize ground caltrops once
unsure how i fixed it but i had to reapply the pallete or something weird

Interesting, I saw this happen only with SWP, here´s another example:

Posted Image

probably the port is interpreting some color data differently or something like that but now I am 100% certain that is the port as it only happens there.

About the caltrops: Ninja if you want to voxelize the caltrops you could use the ones of the caltrops item voxel, Just erase the box of the caltrops and voila! you have the caltrops ready (unless they are of a different size)

This post has been edited by mxrtxn: 03 June 2021 - 06:20 PM

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options