Duke4.net Forums: Website Suggestions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website Suggestions  "Contribute your ideas!"

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

I'm leaving this thread open to anyone who wishes to share their thoughts and ideas on improving/enhancing/expanding Duke4.net. If there's something you'd like to see more of, or something you feel is missing on the site, here's your chance to let us know about it. :)

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Ok, here's one...
- More people..! :) B)
Nah, just kidding... that time will come...

Whaty i really want is:
- New post being either highlighted in threads..! Or going straight to the new post when clicking on a thread with new posts... (like on 3DR)

That's the only thing i am missing on these forums... Everything else seems just fine, and nearly perfect... B)

User is offline   Iggy 

Well, as for the forum,
- Allowing custom membertitles
- Enable quick editing of posts

Also, what is the list of membertitles I see below everyone's avatar? How many are there and how much posts do you need to get to the next one?

User is offline   Micki! 

I'd really like the side-bar-menu from the index, to be accessable from the forums...
Since the forums are centered to the middle of the screen, there is no use in the empty spaces around it... So, my suggestion is, that the forums should be stretched more, to the right side of the screen, and the left side, having the side-bar-menu, from the index, so people easily can access any section of the website, without going back to the actual main page...

This would make Duke4.net a more "flexible" website imo... :)

Any thoughts about this suggestion..?

[EDIT:]
Behold thi incredible MS paint version i created as an example... B)
Posted Image

Of course, the "home" button is there as well, but i'd rather have a pic (like on 3DR's menu has) which returns you to the menu... Maybe place something like that on the empty place saying "EDIT THIS!" and replace it with the "home" button...

User is offline   Micki! 

*cough* any thoughts about this^^

Also, we could need some more smilies...
Preferably these (from 3DR):

:)
B)
B)
:tinyted:

Maybe some of them being slightly altered, to make them more "exclusive" here...
Anyways, people could need them... so please add them, or at least add some of them... B)

Directed to whoever is responsible for this... (Yatta..?! B) )

User is offline   Cerberus_e 

Yes, we really need those. and
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

User is offline   Micki! 

Cerberus_e, on Jul 11 2006, 02:13 AM, said:

Yes, we really need those. and
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, preferably, as a button, insted of writing it all the time, like on 3DR... That's getting annoying at times...

User is offline   Micki! 

Redsplat, or Yatta, could any of you add the Posted Image smiley as some kind of "tinyted: smiley on these forums..?

Maybe call it something else, but it would be fun to have... :)
Here's a big version, in case editing is prefered, IF you want to add it here... B)
Posted Image
(In case anyone is wondering, it's me, making up an incredibly ugly face, and holding a bunch of my gold medals, to imitate Ted Turner)

Preferably cut out Micki!'s face and fist and paste it on a transparent background, because that looks better than a big black square like it's now :)

User is offline   Micki! 

yeah... and maybe make it a little bigger than the current, because details are hard to notice on it... :)

At least in a way so people can see it's actually a face, and a fist shaking, in case they are not familar with Ted...

User is offline   avatar_58 

Like this?

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: micki.gif

User is offline   Micki! 

Needs to be made a tidbit bigger (so people can see what it resembles) and the image needs some sort of smoothing... Since it's a dark image, those edgy pixels appear on it... B)

Otherwise, that's fine... :)

Size is fine, one can easily see what it resembles :)

User is offline   Micki! 

You're sure..? i can barely see there's a nose and eyes... Only that it's a head...

I see your eyes very well :)

User is offline   Micki! 

Well, maybe it's my screen size... Making everyhing smaller because of a higher resolution, makes it harder to recognize...

But, i CAN see eyes, yes, but a little shadow over a head shaped ball isn't enough imo... At least almost double the size of that little image should be enough i think...

The problem is that this is a bright forum and its a dark image, making the details hard to recognize with the rest of the forum glowing in your eyes :)

Someone could make a cartoon ted/micki icon with the hand shaking (maybe even animated) and it would work nicer.

I hate animated emoticons :)

User is offline   Micki! 

avatar_58, on Sep 3 2006, 11:23 PM, said:

Someone could make a cartoon ted/micki icon with the hand shaking (maybe even animated) and it would work nicer.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A little off topic perhaps (or not..?)
But i actually drawed Ted Turner once...
---
Posted Image

That was Docded i think, from my 3'rd 3DR forums group pic... He was using Ted as avatr at the time... Or also was he photoshopping him alot by the time... something about Ted at least, that made me associate him with Docded in a period...

We can't possibly use a Ted icon here, he's so irrelevant it would almost be funny again :) But more in a ridiculous way then.

User is offline   Micki! 

Well, i didn't post it so it could be used anyways... B) It was just relevant... B)

But, a "Micki! is angry" icon should work... :)
Besides, i'm moderator here, i have my right to get my own smiley... grrr

I have a website suggestion: How come Micki! is a moderator and I am not? :) Come on, imagine what I could do: lock Avatar's adventure game thread, ban Yattix, ... B)
Just kidding of course.

I don't know about that one. However if you guys ever needed some help I'd be glad to, seeing as I have so little else to do. :)

User is offline   Yatta 

• Pizza Lawyer

Why the hell not? You can call it up by typing ": micki :" without the spaces.

:) B)B)B):micki:B):micki:B)

Haha :)

it feels weird to type Micki! without the exclamation mark :)

User is offline   Micki! 

It does feel wierd without it yes, but it's great anyways... B) Thanks for adding it Yatta...

Let me shake your hand...

WITH MY FIST!!! :)B)B)B)B):)

User is offline   Micki! 

I would want "News post related topics" on our forums...
Whenever we have news for our mainsite, there should be a matching topic created about it on our forums, like on 3DR...

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

I wonder who's noticed the recent addition of :). B)

Why that addition? We got a more funny one (:)), and it feels like a rip-off... we have no business with Ted anyway, and I don't care about him B).

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options