Duke4.net Forums: Website Suggestions - Duke4.net Forums

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Website Suggestions  "Contribute your ideas!"

User is offline   Kathy 

I was thinking... Aren't there too many administrators out there? I mean the more administrator users you have the less forum is secured. And it is not that big of a forum to have that many. Or some administators have restricted admin rights appliable only to some sections of the forum/site?

And I concur about avatars and NSFW pics.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

We don't really have too many, admins here are never all online at the same time.

What about splitting the post thread:

The Wicked Post Thread

And

The Virtuous Post Thread

That could work, but how would people know the difference?

User is offline   Kathy 

The NSFW thread
The post thread

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

Naughty Board and Fnordy Board ..?

User is offline   Kathy 

I want photoshop thread or something. I liked that one on the 3dr forums.

Of course, I'm not doing any of this stuff. I'm just a watcher.

User is offline   Micki! 

A Meddling Kids board ..?

User is offline   Kathy 

Yes! That was it.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

Is it possible to embed YouTube movies in forum posts here? If not, can that feature be added?

User is offline   Master Fibbles 

• I have the power!

View PostDeeperThought, on May 12 2009, 11:04 AM, said:

Is it possible to embed YouTube movies in forum posts here? If not, can that feature be added?

Wouldn't that just destroy any load speeds? I am not saying I don't think it is cool, just that it would kill bandwidth wouldn't it?

Also, that would also be an html string...which would probably open up to way too many attacks.

Perhaps it's an idea to start creating other forums like on the 3DR forums? Like the "Other Apogee/3d Realms Games" forum and such?
We don't know if the 3DR forums will be like it was when they move it so if needed people can come to this place....

User is offline   Micki! 

Well Duke4.net is mainly about Duke, and any other games (also done by 3DR/apogee, that includes Shadow Warrior and ROTT etc) basicly belong in th "other gaming discussions" board... Of course, if by popular demand people absolutely want a complete forum (or subforum) for other Apogee/3D Realms games, we might as well create that...

But meanwhile, the regular gaming discussion boards should be used...

User is online   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

View PostMr.Flibbles, on May 12 2009, 11:09 AM, said:

Wouldn't that just destroy any load speeds? I am not saying I don't think it is cool, just that it would kill bandwidth wouldn't it?

If you're on a 56k then yeah, I guess it would. But that's more of a personal problem though.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

What's with the crap to gold scale on the threads now? I noticed that threads asking for help are getting marked as "crap". Nice way to welcome people.

User is offline   Kathy 

Where did you find this? I can't see any scale...

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostLotan, on May 16 2009, 03:36 AM, said:

Where did you find this? I can't see any scale...

Posted Image

User is offline   Kathy 

Wow.

I too think it looks crap.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

http://www.redsplat.net/newheader.jpg

Possible new header...

(i had nothing to do with those scale images) They are crap indeed

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRedSplat, on May 15 2009, 10:40 AM, said:

I have two problems with that:

1) It gives a very prominent position to the female character for no particular reason. She has never appeared in a game and she doesn't look all that interesting.

2) It shows the 3DR staff picture. It's just a bunch of ordinary looking people and looks kind of shitty to be in a header. Plus, most of us don't know those people and don't care. So they worked at 3DR, so what? Are we supposed to be mourning the loss of their jobs? Screw that, I lost my job too and I actually produced what I was supposed to. I don't want to see them every time I come to this site like they are supposed to be heros (not that that would make the picture look any better).

User is offline   Spiker 

I would be for Duke smashing Trooper's head against the wall, alternatively blowing it's head with a gun.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

The female is a stripper. Where Duke goes, females follow. ( but yeah, i just wanted some of the new stuff in there :P )
The added photo of 3DR crew would be temporary.

"Deeper"thought, i don't know you, and i don't care for your job loss. http://forums.duke4....tyle_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Screw you. Hehe. But you make some valid points anyway.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostDeeperThought, on May 15 2009, 08:01 AM, said:

What's with the crap to gold scale on the threads now? I noticed that threads asking for help are getting marked as "crap". Nice way to welcome people.

Took 'em from SA because the previous rating stars looked absolutely HORRIBLE with the dark theme. I agree that it's not too helpful to have a bunch of threads marked as "crap", but the ratings will average out when more people rate them. Ideally after a while the only threads marked as crap will be legitimately bad threads. :P

If anyone knows of any better rating images, I'm open to suggestions!

User is offline   Micki! 

I love the header Redsplat, except that the crew photo seems a little out of place... It shows our respect to the team, but i dunno... But i guess it's cool since it's temporary...
Would it fit to throw an enmy in there too ..? the Octabrain Render looks gorgeous, i'd root for that one if you think it might fit...

Other than that, Duke adn the Chick is just perfect...

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostRedSplat, on May 15 2009, 11:36 AM, said:

The female is a stripper. Where Duke goes, females follow. ( but yeah, i just wanted some of the new stuff in there :P )

But putting her head in the banner like that next to Duke makes her look like a VIP. If you want new stuff, I think some new enemy renders would be way cooler.

View PostRedSplat, on May 15 2009, 11:36 AM, said:

"Deeper"thought, i don't know you, and i don't care for your job loss. http://forums.duke4....tyle_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Screw you. Hehe. But you make some valid points anyway.

Indeed.

User is online   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostTX, on May 15 2009, 11:49 AM, said:

Ideally after a while the only threads marked as crap will be legitimately bad threads. :P

I guess it might discourage people from starting stupid threads. These things always end up being abused to some extent, though.

User is online   Reaper_Man 

• Once and Future King

Oh man, I really hate to hear that DT. :P Good hunting my friend.

I like the existing header as-is. It's minimalistic and to the point.

User is offline   Splat 

• Eat Shit and...

Okay, cigar smoking Duke header stays..

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostTX, on May 15 2009, 10:49 PM, said:

Took 'em from SA because the previous rating stars looked absolutely HORRIBLE with the dark theme. I agree that it's not too helpful to have a bunch of threads marked as "crap", but the ratings will average out when more people rate them. Ideally after a while the only threads marked as crap will be legitimately bad threads. :P

Is there a possibility for a threads with less than 5 votes to be unrated? Some threads are "crap" only because one member have voted.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 15 May 2009 - 10:16 PM

View PostLotan, on May 16 2009, 03:27 PM, said:

Is there a possibility for a threads with less than 5 votes to be unrated? Some threads a "crap" only because one member have voted.

That's good thinking and would stop some of the abuse.

Share this topic:

• 17 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options