Duke4.net Forums: Fuck Crucial. Never buying their RAM again. - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fuck Crucial. Never buying their RAM again.

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

This is the SECOND TIME I have sent memory back and they have sent me used, defective memory as a replacement. Worst part is I'm doing this for a friend's PC and I'm just pissing away my time.

The first sticks were straight up bad.

Now one of these pieces of shit is playing hide and seek and I'm 99% sure that's why the system is turning off randomly. Sometimes it shows 4GB, then the machine is off. Turn it on, POOF! 2GB.

Lifetime warranty my ass. I sent dogshit, cheap ass RAM to G.Skill a year ago and you know what they sent me? BRAND NEW RAM. Not this used crap.

What a bunch of slimy Jews. Way to lose a customer assholes!

User is offline   blackhatred 

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

I bet it's not the RAM's fault, it could be the other hardware that is broken or "breaks" the RAM. Or there is 5% chance there is something actually wrong with the RAM :P

Posted Image

Doesn't work in my motherboard, either. And my RAM works fine in his board.

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 27 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View Postblackhatred, on 27 October 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

I bet it's not the RAM's fault, it could be the other hardware that is broken or "breaks" the RAM. Or there is 5% chance there is something actually wrong with the RAM :P

I bet you know jack shit about computer hardware and are just trying to sound cool.

Anyway, what type of ram is this? DDR2 or 3?

This post has been edited by The Commander: 27 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

User is offline   blackhatred 

• Dumbfuck Wannabe

View PostThe Commander, on 27 October 2013 - 04:16 AM, said:

I bet you know jack shit about computer hardware and are just trying to sound cool.
I'm a jack of all trades :P

User is offline   Spiker 

View Postblackhatred, on 27 October 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

I'm a jack of all trades :P
Master of none :P

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostViper The Rapper, on 27 October 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

This is the SECOND TIME I have sent memory back and they have sent me used, defective memory as a replacement. Worst part is I'm doing this for a friend's PC and I'm just pissing away my time.

The first sticks were straight up bad.

Now one of these pieces of shit is playing hide and seek and I'm 99% sure that's why the system is turning off randomly. Sometimes it shows 4GB, then the machine is off. Turn it on, POOF! 2GB.

Lifetime warranty my ass. I sent dogshit, cheap ass RAM to G.Skill a year ago and you know what they sent me? BRAND NEW RAM. Not this used crap.

What a bunch of slimy Jews. Way to lose a customer assholes!

Do you have a problem with local shipping companies damaging your packages or something? You need to understand that Crucial is the actual end-user product sales division of Micron. Most sticks of RAM, regardless of manufacturer, are using chips sourced from Micron or Hynix. It would be very difficult and irrational to swear off Micron forever due to what could very well be a local problem. It sounds like the issue with the sticks you have now is a broken solder connection somewhere resulting in a loss of electrical continuity depending on various factors including expansion or contraction of materials due to environmental conditions. This could easily be caused by a hit in shipping!

I'm aware of all of this. They are shipping me the RAM in a plastic clamshell which is packed in a UPS padded bag that's doubled up on itself. There's lots of padding and no evidence of damage.

My gripe is that they are sending me used, poorly tested RAM. Everyone else sends me brand new stuff. This is the first time I've had something with their RAM chips fail, but they don't stand behind their product.

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 27 October 2013 - 07:33 AM

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I'm not sure what your problem is. The vast majority of PC consumers don't seem to have a problem with Crucial RAM.

But if it's REALLY a big deal, check what type of RAM your motherboard is compatible with (DDR2 or DDR3) and maybe switch to Corsair?

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 27 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

User is offline   Jeff 

View PostViper The Rapper, on 27 October 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

Doesn't work in my motherboard, either. And my RAM works fine in his board.

I always check the Qualified Vendor List on my motherboard's website whenever I buy new RAM. Least that's what I did when I bought RAM the last time.

• el fundador

I have almost 20 years of PC hardware experience at this point and I've never bothered to check the qualified vendor list for any board, barring extremely shitty boards using peculiar chipsets or server boards that are very strict. Since he said the RAM doesn't work in his motherboard, but the RAM out of his motherboard DOES work in the other board, it wouldn't matter if the RAM was approved for use or not since it's clearly defective.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

not a huge knowledge base of what's good or not, but i always try to stick with what has worked in the past
don't know much about crucial. heard corsair is really good, i prefer kingston because over the years i've never got a bad or weak stick

• el fundador

Back in the day (late 90s, early 2000s), Crucial used to be the best, bar none. I don't have any experience with their newer stuff. I'm a fan of both Corsair and Kingston... I have Corsair stuff in my desktop and Kingston HyperX in my laptop. A lot of these sticks are using the same chips, so unless you're doing some insane overclocking you can usually do fine by just going by the clock speed and latencies.

I had him buy some basic 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 RAM. Fixed all my problems.

I'll keep buying their SSD's but these guys do not stand behind their RAM...at all. The quality is still there but the warranty isn't.

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 27 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostViper The Rapper, on 27 October 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

I'll keep buying their SSD's but these guys do not stand behind their RAM...at all. The quality is still there but the warranty isn't.

I will be awaiting the thread on how their SSD's suck and malfunction. :P

User is offline   Forge 

or how the (insert manufacturer here) i5 board doesn't have the bios options he wants and what a p.o.s. it is

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Or how we're all a bunch of smart-ass tools for making fun of his hardware topics.

View PostForge, on 30 October 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

or how the (insert manufacturer here) i5 board doesn't have the bios options he wants and what a p.o.s. it is

I'm only buying PC Chips the next time around. This isn't going to happen again.

User is offline   Forge 

i take it that means you already have an i5 board, unless you plan on sticking the chip into a potato with a copper penny and a nail

ah well, we can only hope that the first chip is a dud so we can get another rage thread

I love writing rage posts.

Actually, I'm eyeing a used 2500k on eBay, and a Z77-D3H.

User is offline   Verletzer 

I bought Crucial RAM a few years ago and have never had any problems with it.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostVerletzer, on 03 November 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I bought Crucial RAM a few years ago and have never had any problems with it.

the problem isn't so much the RAM itself as it is the customer support when a bad product is shipped out

View PostViper The Rapper, on 27 October 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

This is the first time I've had something with their RAM chips fail, but they don't stand behind their product.

My gripe is that they are sending me used, poorly tested RAM. Everyone else sends me brand new stuff.

from some of the other computer forums i've read that Gigabyte is starting to do the same shit. -sending back the same board with no fixes or used boards with different issues-

This post has been edited by Forge: 03 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Yeah I've been hearing that too, the only reason I ordered a Gigabyte Z77-D3H is because I have all that free money with Staples and I don't really have many options.

I still wanna buy whoever runs Biostar's RMA department a beer. God damn that was a great experience. That little fucker is still ticking away in my friend's PC, with a pretty decent voltage bump (4.73 VCore, +.1 HT, +.1 NB/HT, +.1 NB).

This post has been edited by Viper The Rapper: 03 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options