Duke4.net Forums: Blood (game) blood effects in Duke 3D? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Blood (game) blood effects in Duke 3D?  "Can we get the blood from blood out of blood into the current blood?"

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I was playing blood, and I was just wondering if this was possible - also sorry if this is the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.

Basically my question is if we could get these types of wall decals into eduke?

Posted Image

I ask because while I noticed the blood sprays and floor decals in BloodCM work like blood, there don't seem to be wall decals.

IMO they would work very well with mods with expanded gore, (I'm thinking specifically of DP/WG realms) the current decals look pretty much like the default duke 3d blood and they kind of clash a bit with the more detailed blood pools.

Also, out of curiosity would it be possible to have dripping blood on ceilings as well?

User is offline   neoacix 

Brutal Duke you mean?
Yeah, that would be totaly awesome!

Realy, I was not much affiliatad to Doom, but Brutal Doom is just great!
And I wish there would be something equal in Duke3d.

DukePlus give us some more nice blood splatters and gibs, but Brutal Doom is just 1000 times better.

For anyone who doesn't know it:

So... I absolutaly apply to this thread. ^^

And.... realy... Duke can do better... or?

This post has been edited by dpax: 14 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostBloodshot, on 14 October 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Basically my question is if we could get these types of wall decals into eduke?

Posted Image

They have existed as long as the game has been released. Shoot an enemy near a wall and you'll see it. It's not as brightly colored but it's there.

state random_wall_jibs
  ifrnd 96
    shoot BLOODSPLAT1
  ifrnd 96
    shoot BLOODSPLAT2
  ifrnd 96
    shoot BLOODSPLAT3
  ifrnd 96
    shoot BLOODSPLAT4
  ifrnd 96
    shoot BLOODSPLAT1
ends

View Postdpax, on 14 October 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

Brutal Duke you mean?
Yeah, that would be totaly awesome!

Realy, I was not much affiliatad to Doom, but Brutal Doom is just great!
And I wish there would be something equal in Duke3d.

Working on it, though with a different approach because Brutal Doom is full of stupid shit.

View Postdpax, on 14 October 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

DukePlus give us some more nice blood splatters and gibs, but Brutal Doom is just 1000 times better.

Is "every possible surface covered end to end in blood" your measure of quality?

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Wow, this thread sucks. We've always had decals and Brutal Doom is abhorrent. I wish Sergeant_Mark_IV would get cancer.

And that guy in the video review is a noob. Anyone who finds the pistol useless is a fucking noob.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 14 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Ohohoo... okay, I guess we stepped in some different opinions here.

And maybe Bloodshot intention was a whole other then mine... so .... saying this thread sucks, because I <- mentioned Brutal Doom maybe a bit... you know... unfair.

But to answer to your replies... yes, I like Brutal Doom!
It's a lot of fun to me.
And yes, there is blood anywhere and I love it!
But that's not the only thing.
This mod also has a great waepons balance, added hitzones and stuff like this (eg to making headshots).
And at least, if you play a shooter game, no matter how bloody it is or how much gibs are spreading around, when you kill some enemy.... IT IS JUST A GAME!
So, wishing a real person getting cancer is much more brutal to me than painting all the walls in a game red.

THINK ABOUT IT!

And nobody said anything about that a pistol is useless...

This post has been edited by dpax: 14 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I'm guessing you don't know English very well or your reading comprehension is nil (in which case you don't know English very well, d'oh!) The first thing I mentioned was that we've always had decals; Which is why this thread sucks. Bullet holes and blood on the walls/floor have been in the game since at least the shareware version of the game.

And when I mentioned the pistol, I was talking about that guy in the video you posted. He explicitly stated the pistol was useless, which is a lie.

This post has been edited by Jimmy: 14 October 2013 - 06:34 PM

I was referring to actually changing how the wall decals look and function, i. e. having both splatter decals on walls AND blood dripping down to make it look more natural because dukes normal wall blood decals look kind of odd for being blood. (I know duke has them) Sorry for wording it incorrectly in the OP

Good to hear duke is getting some sort of blood upgrade mod though, I honestly can't stand playing brutal doom anymore for the sheer amount of stuff it changes (IMO) for the worse and the annoying sounds (the player death screams make me want to slam my earphones onto the floor god they are grating), although some of the blood effects and death animations aren't bad. (I'd vastly prefer it if there was a brutal doom lite like there used to be, stripped down of the questionable shit)

In the mean time (my interest has been piqued at this duke mod) is there any simple way I could make .png replacements for the wall blood? I'd like to try to make my own and see if I could do something that fits with DukePlus since I am pretty good with photoshop.

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 14 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Yeah my english isn't the best, because I'm german. I'm sorry, but I can't change this fact. :P
But I'm giving my best affort to understand and answer in english.

But basicly I wanted to say, there is no reason for saying "This thread sucks".
The guy on the video has it's own oppinion, you have yours and so on...

And I still would like it, if there where much more decals, blood splater and gibs on duke.
Yes Duke got them, but they are scaled down to fit an age of 16 or something in this range...

But well... I don't wanted to take over Bloodshots intended thread, so I'll shut my mouth now....

User is offline   leilei 

I fail to see where simplified detailed 2 sprite higher res bloodsplats equal to a whole project by psychopaths for (little) psychopaths. The way it was brought in here seemed like preaching as if we hadn't ever been "enlightened" by Sgt Mark IV's trainwreck yet.

By the way, having too much "brutal" blood can make guns feel wimpy. YES IT'S CRAZY I KNOW

This post has been edited by leilei: 14 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I was guessing that Jimmy just hated the HRP and polygons. I'd got him all wrong. He actually hates EVERYTHING that isn't 8 bit Duke Nukem 3D.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostTea Monster, on 15 October 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

He actually hates EVERYTHING that isn't 8 bit Duke Nukem 3D.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

I was guessing that Jimmy just hated the HRP and polygons. I'd got him all wrong. He actually hates EVERYTHING that isn't 8 bit Duke Nukem 3D.

Go eat a bag of dicks, dude. I don't know what your problem is.

User is offline   Mark 

Can you even find dicks in a bag these days? I've only seen them in single serving packs.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Hating anything is stupid. Just say you don't prefer it. Why do you have to hate it and rub people the wrong way? I HATE it when people hate stuff.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Over the years I've gotten the impression that you misidentify users who prefer and have a healthy appreciation for the original 8-bit art and style as "strict traditionalists determined to reject the innate superiority of modern 3D assets". I highly doubt you'll find anyone who truly thinks that. The HRP kicks ass, your own contributions first and foremost, but so does the original game. Not in exactly the same way, but still in just as valid a way.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Guys, I'm terribly sorry, I forgot that I should have added lots of smileys and exclamation marks after what I wrote. Next time, I'll put a (JK) after every statement that I make that isn't entirely serious.

Jimmy - You are probably not aware of this, but there are place on Earth where they don't speak English as their main language (I know, we can land an RC car on Mars, so why is this allowed to happen?). The important thing to remember when dealing with these poor souls is that these people are NOT doing this simply to annoy you! Its true!

It's the same thing with people who don't know every single texture and property of Duke Nukem 3D. It may come as a surprise in this day and age (They've had nearly 2 decades to learn this stuff - WTF is wrong with them??!!!!?!?!?!) but there are people like this. All the forward thinking social programes and the force of the education system can only do so much. Again, the main thing to remember and keep in mind is that these people should be educated and helped out of their state of ingorance. Imagine the crushing weight of their ignorance in their daily lives? Isn't that punishment enough for these poor souls? How can anything we say to them possibly make the situation worse for them? Annoying you is probably the last thing on their minds.

Mark - I know, I've only seen them offered individually. If it wasn't for experts like this, I'd have no idea they came in party packs! <trollface>

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I like both Brutal Doom and DukePlus and I think that this is one of the more stupid threads I've had the displeasure of reading.

There's one last thing I want to add to this:

I'm realy disappointed now for getting bad reputation votes on posts which were intended to add something positive on the board and don't have any bad aims in it.
I didn't flame or insult anybody and just get punished for posting something I thought it could be usefull.

That's realy sad to me...

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

View Postdpax, on 16 October 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

There's one last thing I want to add to this:

I'm realy disappointed now for getting bad reputation votes on posts which were intended to add something positive on the board and don't have any bad aims in it.
I didn't flame or insult anybody and just get punished for posting something I thought it could be usefull.

That's realy sad to me...
Once you've become more familiar to this forum you'll learn not to care much about votes. People have very different styles of usage for the reputation system.

I'd like to apologize for inadvertently starting a min-shitstorm by creating this thread, as it was not my intention.

So, back to my earlier question, is there any way to replace the wall blood sprites with .pngs?

User is offline   leilei 

Yes. That's what HIGHTILE is for, but that alone wouldn't get you the same exact splat effect as Blood, or even Tekwar.

<theory>You'll want two small actors with large replacement sprites per splat, with one of them doing progressive Y scaling.</theory>

This post has been edited by leilei: 16 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options