Duke4.net Forums: Basic Bug Fix - Duke4.net Forums

Jump to content

Hide message Show message
Welcome to the Duke4.net Forums!

Register an account now to get access to all board features. After you've registered and logged in, you'll be able to create topics, post replies, send and receive private messages, disable the viewing of ads and more!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Basic Bug Fix

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#1

This is the idea I got of using a CON mutator to fix bugs without getting anal on it, and without changing the default CON files.

Here is a list of what I got so far:

  • Fix using next / previous weapon with Pipebomb trigger
  • Let you switch to the trigger if there is a Pipebomb on the floor
  • Fix wrong subweapon displayed at status bar
  • Select Expander using next / previous weapon
  • Don't switch to Expander if you never had it
  • Reset subweapon when player dies
  • Player drop Expander when killed
  • Reload pistol at the proper time
  • Fix enemies total count
  • Enemies count to the totals before they spawn
  • Fix angle of spawning enemies
  • Fix attributes of enemies
  • Fix enemy recognition sounds
  • Apply skill settings to Egg
  • Fix spawn palette of Trooper
  • Fix palette of Player gibs
  • Fix palette of Trooper gibs
  • Fix spawn of Recon and Egg
  • Fix Shrinker not working with Boss1
  • Remove skill 4 enemies


Since you switch to the Pipebomb trigger if there is one laying on the floor and you are out of ammo, I don't really see a logical reason why you can't switch to it otherwise, except for the lack of a subweapon system prior to Atomic Edition version.

But I am not sure about counting all the spawning enemies (except the ones created by other enemies) the moment the map is loaded.

Attached File(s)



This post has been edited by Fox: 12 October 2013 - 03:04 AM

9

User is online   NightFright 

  • The Truth is in here
  • 973

#2

Finally! Enemies are counted properly! I have already tested it and it works like a charm. This is easily stuff for the "autoload" folder, man. A job well done!
0

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#3

Since you mentioned that, I have found a mistake I did with the enemy counting, so women won't trigger the respawns. Just upload the new versions. I may try and rewrite a less invasive code for that late.
0

User is offline   blackhatred 

  • Dumbfuck Wannabe
  • -118

#4

These things should be fixed in the source not in the con. Believe me, I'm the God after all.

This user's posting ability has been removed indefinitely. Hendricks slapped his teeth out.
-5

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#5

Some should, some shouldn't.

For example, it's not "technically" wrong not switching beetween the Shrinker and Expander with the next and previous weapon keys, it's just very very poorly executed.
2

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#6

GREAT! Trying this soon!

There are a huge number of spawned red troopers in the original game, and none of them truly appear.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 12 October 2013 - 01:27 AM

1

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#7

There is something wrong with the FEM respawns. Some of the appear, others are not.
0

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#8

Try it out now. I made it so that the former code would delete some respawns in the process, which was a terrible idea. Now it only affects the kill count.
1

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#9

View PostFox, on 12 October 2013 - 02:41 AM, said:

Try it out now. I made it so that the former code would delete some respawns in the process, which was a terrible idea. Now it only affects the kill count.


Now it works. Thanks!
0

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,418

#10

View PostFox, on 11 October 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

Let you switch to the trigger if there is a Pipebomb on the floor

interesting. does this effect the ability to lay a pipebomb trap?
(i.e. throw pipebomb, switch weapon, switch back to pipebomb, throw second pipebomb, switch weapon, switch back to pipebomb, etc, etc, etc, activate trigger on last pipebomb & make big boom)
0

User is offline   blackhatred 

  • Dumbfuck Wannabe
  • -118

#11

Only douchebags downvote me.

This user's posting ability has been removed indefinitely. Hendricks slapped his teeth out.
-7

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#12

View PostForge, on 12 October 2013 - 05:53 AM, said:

interesting. does this effect the ability to lay a pipebomb trap?
(i.e. throw pipebomb, switch weapon, switch back to pipebomb, throw second pipebomb, switch weapon, switch back to pipebomb, etc, etc, etc, activate trigger on last pipebomb & make big boom)

Not at all, but now instead it is required to press 6 to switch beetween the throwing and trigger.
1

User is offline   Forge 

  • 8,418

#13

View PostCentaurious, on 12 October 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Only douchebags downvote me.

only cause you remind me of blackharted, and i miss him (for his entertainment value)
you get no more special favors from me

This post has been edited by Forge: 13 October 2013 - 06:32 AM

0

User is offline   Bloodshot 

  • 769

#14

Does this work with DP?

Or rather, does DP need it?
0

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#15

View PostBloodshot, on 12 October 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Does this work with DP?

Or rather, does DP need it?


Some of these has been fixed for DP years ago.
0

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#16

Hmm, I noticed that respawned "stayput" actors are actually give sounds with this patch.
Also, Enforcers still enter water which they are not supposed to in the original game.
0

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#17

That's a bug from Eduke32.
0

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#18

I realized that Eggs and Reconcars autosize into 40:40 with this modification, just like all regular enemies. I guess it's a side effect of what made them respawnable. I'm not sure if this is a good thing though. IMHO Reconcars should have a bigger size (I prefer the 56:48 repeat value used in the Beta version, that looks like the most authentic size for that thing), and Eggs should keep their Build version sizes that can make them a little different. Now maps like Fusion Station have all the same sizes for eggs, despite they look different in the original game.

This post has been edited by Nancsi: 12 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

0

User is online   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism
  • 6,383

  #19

In Jimmy's and my top secret project, we only resize eggs if they are 1x1, the default size for any sprite spawned during the game that does not have a sizeat command.
0

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#20

View PostNancsi, on 12 November 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

I realized that Eggs and Reconcars autosize into 40:40 with this modification, just like all regular enemies. I guess it's a side effect of what made them respawnable. I'm not sure if this is a good thing though. IMHO Reconcars should have a bigger size (I prefer the 56:48 repeat value used in the Beta version, that looks like the most authentic size for that thing), and Eggs should keep their Build version sizes that can make them a little different. Now maps like Fusion Station have all the same sizes for eggs, despite they look different in the original game.

The Recon should have a scale of 40x40 for the simply purpose of matching the Pig Cop and having all Recons of the same size. Also there is the problem of the early aspect ratio correction for sprites in maps such as E1L2 (48x40).

The problem with the Eggs is that there is no consistency. While in E2L4 the Eggs have a (kind of) varying size, they have the same size in several maps such as E2L2 (32x40), E2L5 (32x32) and E2L9 (40x40).

For instance I also used Duke Nukem 64 as a reference, since the enemies are like that (though it is in the maps, not hard-coded).
0

User is offline   Micky C 

  • Honored Donor
  • 3,756

#21

View PostHendricks266, on 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

In Jimmy's and my top secret project


View PostHendricks266, on 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

top secret project


View PostHendricks266, on 12 November 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

top secret project


http://wiki.eduke32...._Yet_Released_2

Nice secret-keeping guys Posted Image

Polymer wishlist: Global illumination, SSAO, Bloom, reflective surfaces, adjustable specular (wetness), volumetric lighting.
Mapper of the Month December 2014.

Herbs? Tell me more!
1

User is online   Hendricks266 

  • Weaponized Autism
  • 6,383

  #22

That's not it. RotK is Jimmy's mod that I'm just providing assistance for. Current progress on that is 0%.
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...
  • 1,235

#23

Really obviously truly Krap mod?
0

User is offline   Jimmy 100MPH 

  • Trooper
  • 4,428

#24

RotK is abandoned. I like the work I did, but I'd rather work on something more original than a remake. Most of the features are in our secret project, albeit better coding from Hendricks.

Coke costs a lot of money you know. - oasiz
0

User is offline   The Commander 

  • I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...
  • 1,235

#25

I have more faith in Bryan releasing something than Jimmy.
0

User is offline   Nancsi 

  • 414

#26

View PostFox, on 12 November 2013 - 08:21 PM, said:

The Recon should have a scale of 40x40 for the simply purpose of matching the Pig Cop and having all Recons of the same size. Also there is the problem of the early aspect ratio correction for sprites in maps such as E1L2 (48x40).

The problem with the Eggs is that there is no consistency. While in E2L4 the Eggs have a (kind of) varying size, they have the same size in several maps such as E2L2 (32x40), E2L5 (32x32) and E2L9 (40x40).

For instance I also used Duke Nukem 64 as a reference, since the enemies are like that (though it is in the maps, not hard-coded).


What do you mean with "matching the Pig Cop"? The biggest visual issue of the Reconcar is that the Pigcop inside looks like a midget compared to the normal ones that are spawned after destruction. That thing should be bigger and wider IMHO, either 56x48 or 64x56. The Tanks are bigger for exactly the same reason.

You have a valid point with eggs though, I made a scan in the levels, and the varying size only appears in E2L4, E2L5 and E2L6. They clearly standardized this to 40x40 for the Birth episode. I still think it can make sense to allow original sizes, as I remember some usermaps that actually had this on purpose, like one Devastator map (forgot the title) when the bigger ones spawn octabrains.

Btw. you forgot to mention in the opening post, but it seems newbeasts got their deserved recognise sound effect, while the jumping ones are now resizing. That's a very good thing. Are the Boss1shott and Boss1lob sprites functional now, haven't tested that?
0

User is online   Fox 

  • Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!
  • 5,009

#27

View PostNancsi, on 13 November 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

Are the Boss1shott and Boss1lob sprites functional now, haven't tested that?

Not at all. It's relatively easy to understand why they have been scrapped, the small boss already shoot on sight and he uses mortar based on distance.

View PostNancsi, on 13 November 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

What do you mean with "matching the Pig Cop"? The biggest visual issue of the Reconcar is that the Pigcop inside looks like a midget compared to the normal ones that are spawned after destruction. That thing should be bigger and wider IMHO, either 56x48 or 64x56. The Tanks are bigger for exactly the same reason.

I guess you are right about the Recon size. But now that you mentioned the standardized size in The Birth, it should stay at 40x40.

This post has been edited by Fox: 13 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

0

User is offline   Mark 

  • Honored Donor
  • 2,864

#28

View PostThe Commander, on 13 November 2013 - 07:45 AM, said:

I have more faith in Bryan releasing something than Jimmy.

:o :lol:
1

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic


All copyrights and trademarks are property of their respective owners. Instead of reading this text, you could be playing Ion Maiden! ;) © 2018 Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password


Sign in options