Duke4.net Forums: Yume Nikki 3d - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Yume Nikki 3d

User is offline   Marcos 

View PostHelixhorned, on 08 November 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

Attached is a patch against EDuke32 r3635, containing the Yume Nikki changes, for reference and further discussion. (With the goal of eventually making that functionality available in stock EDuke32 via scripting.)

First impressions:
- Removal of F* keys: could be controlled with a translation-time flag similar to LOGO_FLAGS
- gameexit: OK, could be added I guess...
- cineov2 -> game_intro: not critical, as the intro animation could simply be called 'cineov2.anm' in the mod distro
- menus.c: "case 9944", userdefs "enter_key" and "esc_key": what are they good for? They never seem to be referenced.
- removal of hardcoded animwall[]: hm, maybe a flag too
- E1L10 hacks / menu hacks: this I'd rather not merge; after all it's like adding more hard-codedness. Need to think about how it could be made useful in a more general setting.

The game_intro it was for the the tenebris.. I think I forgot to remove the code for eddy!! the enter_key and esc_key they return if the enter key or esc key have been pressed or not!!

Do you my menu code to see how everything works?

EDIT: Helix is it possible to make all settings for the game ( video mode, resolution, sound volume,etc) available for editing in CON code? because of this menu code! I'm not asking you to add just if it's possible and not very hard! and what about the mouse coordinates on screen?

This post has been edited by Marcos: 08 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View Postzykov eddy, on 08 November 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

The game simply skips the regular Duke 3D menu, goes to E1L10 (...)

Yeah, now I see it. It's E2L11 though, the numbers for definelevelname are 0-based.

So, for now, assuming the quitgame commands have been commented out, one could run YN3D with stock EDuke32 like this from the "Data" directory:
eduke32 -usecwd data.grp DUKE3D.DEF -v2 -l11

Then everything is all right with the music, too.

View PostMarcos, on 08 November 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

The game_intro it was for the the tenebris.. I think I forgot to remove the code for eddy!! the enter_key and esc_key they return if the enter key or esc key have been pressed or not!!

The "enter_key" and "esc_key" userdef pseudo-members don't seem to be used anywhere in the CON code either.

Do you my menu code to see how everything works?

I took a short look.

EDIT: Helix is it possible to make all settings for the game ( video mode, resolution, sound volume,etc) available for editing in CON code? because of this menu code! I'm not asking you to add just if it's possible and not very hard!

These variables are supposed to be under the user's control. But your goal is probably simply redesigning the menu? The thing is -- the current internal EDuke32 menu "system" is just a mess of spaghetti code. It's entirely hopeless to either expose it or build on it because it's so fundamentally broken. If it's going to be redesigned from the ground up in some distant future, sure, there may be hope for a scripting API, but right now, I would simply consider it off limits due to how ugly it is.

and what about the mouse coordinates on screen?

Not now, for a similar reason. But your way of generating your own coordinates gets its work done, no? This one, I mean:
state mousecontrol
    getinput[THISACTOR].horz tmp
    shiftvarl tmp 15
    getuserdef[THISACTOR].mouseflip tmp2
    ifvare tmp2 0 addvarvar mousey tmp else subvarvar mousey tmp
    getinput[THISACTOR].avel tmp
    shiftvarl tmp 15 addvarvar mousex tmp
// (clamp mousex and mousey)
    setinput[THISACTOR].horz 0
    setinput[THISACTOR].avel 0
ends

User is offline   Marcos 

View PostHelixhorned, on 09 November 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Not now, for a similar reason. But your way of generating your own coordinates gets its work done, no? This one, I mean:
state mousecontrol
    getinput[THISACTOR].horz tmp
    shiftvarl tmp 15
    getuserdef[THISACTOR].mouseflip tmp2
    ifvare tmp2 0 addvarvar mousey tmp else subvarvar mousey tmp
    getinput[THISACTOR].avel tmp
    shiftvarl tmp 15 addvarvar mousex tmp
// (clamp mousex and mousey)
    setinput[THISACTOR].horz 0
    setinput[THISACTOR].avel 0
ends

Yes it works, but it would be better with the real mouse coordinates. And what about in the menu source code, is it possible to get the mouse coordinates because I tried and didn't work!! I've been studying the eduke32 source code it's a little confusing some times, but I'm doing my best and it's not very hard to deal with it. I know it's not your department the polymer renderer, but i've some knowlegde about renderers, opengl, this kind of stuff... what are the main problems that makes polymer slow?

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View PostMarcos, on 10 November 2013 - 05:16 AM, said:

what are the main problems that makes polymer slow?

Plagman wrote about it a while back.

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Just released a DLC for the game.

Info & download here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

That last picture gave me nausea :D In a good way!

User is offline   Loke 

Great stuff. Not as good as the first one, obviously, but still very cool stuff.

Spoiler

EDIT: I really liked that music piece playing in the last screenshot you posted. Spooky shit.

This post has been edited by Loke: 11 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

User is offline   zykov eddy 

Thanks guys!

View PostLoke, on 11 January 2014 - 07:01 AM, said:

Spoiler

Yep, that's the ending.

User is offline   mxrtxn 

Eddy

Is it possible to replace some sprites with voxels?

I was making an experimet of replacing one sprite of your Yume Nikki with a voxel... It didnĀ“t work.

Do you happen to know how can I replace a spirte with a voxel in the eduke engine?

Thanks in advance. I am looking forward your next Yume Nikki update! :(

Martin

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options