Duke4.net Forums: [RELEASE] Entrapped - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[RELEASE] Entrapped

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

recording videos is not something i've done or am familiar with

i'm willing to make the demo, but converting and uploading it will be on someone else

edit:
i've tried a couple times now and while recording it lags it a little in a few spots, but incredibly bad in the bank to the point where i can't play it
-so i have to take a pass on the demo

This post has been edited by Forge: 28 August 2013 - 03:52 AM

User is offline   Apiai 

Hi,

i've just finished it, and wow, it was really awesome !!
I've played it in 8bits, got some tror bugs, but i don't care, the fun was here. I didn't feel the map too dark either.
I really loved the challenge of the fights, this map is simply perfect, great job Paul !!

User is offline   LeoD 

• Duke4.net topic/3513

Finished yesterday. Even better than I expected from the first glimpse. Clearly Paul's best work. Most notable improvements found in the gameplay/flow department. A good match to my style of playing. Recommended to everyone with a somewhat recent hardware.

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

I tried out the map a little. Since I'm a sucker for interesting geometry, I liked what I saw very much. Didn't really get beyond the manhole cover the expected way though -- but it's possible by jumping at a certain angle (i.e. utilize a collision detection glitch) and appearing on the other side.

View PostMetHy, on 25 August 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

score : 1/10 for the 3mins of sewer gameplay that were okay (I liked the "push block" puzzles, that's something under-used in usermaps which however has a lot of potential, I actually used it in a map I've been working on on&off)

Please make a map that can actually be played next time.

I think this is unwarranted. It definitely can be played on existing mid-end hardware (Core i5-3350P, 3.1 GHz / MSI N460GTX / Ubuntu 64-bit); I was getting about 25 fps when facing the mentioned building. Maybe running the 64-bit Windows build will yield better performance for you?

Edit: about the darkness issue, could it be that for some of you, gamma correction doesn't work? In that case, it's possible for classic to be darker than the GL modes, but that should be reported instead of attempted to be worked around.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

I tried the 64-bit version a while back (not with this map though) and didn't notice any improvements.

User is offline   MetHy 

View PostHelixhorned, on 02 September 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

I think this is unwarranted. It definitely can be played on existing mid-end hardware (Core i5-3350P, 3.1 GHz / MSI N460GTX / Ubuntu 64-bit); I was getting about 25 fps when facing the mentioned building. Maybe running the 64-bit Windows build will yield better performance for you?

"can be played" and "25fps" does not compute

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

If I got even that much in a Polymer map I'd be a happy camper but in general 25 fps is obviously not very good.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options