Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem Total Meltdown TC For Eduke32 - Duke4.net Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem Total Meltdown TC For Eduke32  "My Duke Nukem Total Meltdown TC For eduke32"

Here is a gameplay video of my Duke Nukem Total Meltdown TC for Eduke32

Here are the Finished and Unfinished things

Unfinished things:
Duke Player Sprites
Monster Sprites
Menu - "Duke Nukem ™" Sprite and "Total Meltdown" Sprite
Duke Sounds (Player Sounds)
Plug n' Pray Full Episode
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------
Finished things:
Gold Font
Slime Menu Background
Duke Nukem Total Meltdown Title Screen
Weapon Sounds.

If anyone can help me finish the unfinished things we can finish the whole thing.
and the TC works only on opengl

This post has been edited by StrikingUAC: 12 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

User is offline   BR4ZIL 

Wow, i hope someone finnaly manages to port Plug & Pray to PC! Awesome!

Oh and dont forget to add the new cutscenes to the list of unfinished stuff!

Quick question, your ripping the stuff out of the PSX disc or your manually remaking it?

Sadly i have zip experience with modding duke files, much less converting PSX stuff, so i will just be able to give you moral support = (

This post has been edited by BR4ZIL: 13 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

The music in this version always made me play super fast.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

The playstation cinematics should be fairly easy to implement into the TC now, given the new format available for higher res cinematics.

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

It's not going to be a TC without the plug n pray maps, which will never happen.

This post has been edited by NZRage: 13 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

• Judge Mental

They could be recreated meticulously one room at a time.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Isn't there a way to rip them from the CD and convert them?

User is offline   The Commander 

• I used to be a Brown Fuzzy Fruit, but I've changed bro...

View PostTea Monster, on 13 August 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

People have tried this before and failed.

• Judge Mental

It's basically down to the way they're packaged. They're lumped with the textures somehow, making it pretty much impossible to get at without a huge amount of work.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

It might not even necessarily be a huge amount of work, it's just the nobody knows how exactly it's put together. The huge amount of work is figuring that out. I'd bet it's something incredibly simple just not something you would readily think of.

• Judge Mental

It's still a huge amount of work to figure out how exactly it's all packaged in there. Others with huge amounts of code related experience have already explained why it's so hard. The best bet was one of the level designers releasing the original maps, but nothing every came of that.

So personally, what I would do is take screen shots of every room in ever level, and use the map to get screen shots of the general sector sizes and shapes and just start going room by room.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

To give an idea of how difficult it is to get the map data out, let me remind you guys that we haven't even been able to get one of the original 1.3D maps out of the PSX data, and we know what that map data is supposed to look like! I have a feeling that there's some sort of compression scheme applied to the files and that really makes it a lot harder than simply finding the bytes in a hex editor and copying them out.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Something tells me that level designer guy was a fraud.

User is offline   DNSKILL5 

• Honored Donor

View PostJimmy, on 13 August 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Something tells me that level designer guy was a fraud.

I agree, wasn't that a few years ago too? IIRC, The guy said he had them on some disc and said they played better on PC, etc. Then when people questioned him he never responded or anything and completely disappeared.

User is offline   Lunick 

This might be a silly thought but did Total Meltdown ever have a physical strategy guide?

From the two strategy guides I own for games, they have nice top down views of the maps in the game which could be useful if someone plans to rebuild the maps.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

View PostLunick, on 13 August 2013 - 04:56 PM, said:

This might be a silly thought but did Total Meltdown ever have a physical strategy guide?

From the two strategy guides I own for games, they have nice top down views of the maps in the game which could be useful if someone plans to rebuild the maps.

Dude, you're a frickin' genius.

• Honored Donor

It did have a strategy guide, I don't know how good it was though, never owned one.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostTea Monster, on 13 August 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

Not that we have found yet. On theory it's possible, since we can use specific programs to extract more generic file formats like sounds from the .pmp files. The problem is that you would need someone to work specifically for this case and knows how to do it.

A similar situation happened with the PSX Final Doom, it took a while for someone to manage to extract the map which are compressed in a .rom extension (while the regular PSX Doom use .wad files).

• Honored Donor

DNTM Strategy Guide

User is offline   DavoX 

• Honored Donor

I can remake one of the maps if you guys want to, should I have an emulator or something to check from time to time for accuracy?

EDIT: Well I thought that was a direct download for the stragegy guide, I don't have much money right now to buy it :P

This post has been edited by DavoX: 14 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

User is offline   Fox 

Could someone post scans of the pages that have the Plug and Pray levels?

This post has been edited by Fox: 01 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

• Honored Donor

I might buy it in a few days, actually, but don't rely on me! Money is scarce.

I do think someone on these forums has the strategy guide, though.. I think maybe it was High Treason, but I'm probably wrong.

it would be cool to have this made

User is offline   Lunick 

I would honestly buy it if the shipping wasn't so much to Australia aha.

I have found some Plug and Pray maps in youtube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Tq6ZFPrr4
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdmWDYAbwVk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5XPAYB8mmU

User is offline   Lunick 

I wonder how accurate those are...

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Kinda sorta. It's like the same basic idea, but not accurate.

• Judge Mental

I don't really understand why people get so worked up over PandP anyway. It's frankly an assortment of not-so-great levels.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Here's the page scans from the DNTM strategy guide, not sure how much help they'll be.
http://www.mediafire...M_Map_Scans.zip

User is offline   Fox 

Thank you A LOT, I have been looking for these. Especially because these are the source of the names for the new enemies.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options