Duke4.net Forums: eduke32 - Forces my keyboard to US layout rather than UK? - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

eduke32 - Forces my keyboard to US layout rather than UK?

User is offline   Makhaira 

Firstly, thank you for making eduke32, I've been having a hefty nostalgia dose over the last couple of days, and its down to playing this through your mod, so cheers :P.

Now, the question. Every time I run eduke32, for some reason it switches my keyboard layout from UK to US. Once I have quit playing, I have to use the Windows settings to toggle my keyboard back. It's hardly life or death, but it's an annoyance, and I was wondering how I could fix this please. I'm on Windows 8.

User is offline   jarreboum 

I believe this is done to prevent problems with foreign keyboards, which can come in a multitude of layouts. Your problem means it's only partially implemented and buggy as it doesn't revert back to the original layout. I must say it's at least better on your OS, linux users have to rely to command line tricks to use the correct US layout in-game.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Fixed on Windows in r3998.

User is offline   Makhaira 

Brilliant, thanks, I'll download that release!

EDIT: Maybe I'm being daft, where I can find that build? the "latest" zip is labelled as 1.9.9.9 on my PC. Thanks!

2nd EDIT: Nevermind, the Wiki link in your sig helped me out! Thank you!

This post has been edited by Makhaira: 11 August 2013 - 12:06 AM

User is online   blizzart 

View PostMakhaira, on 11 August 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

Brilliant, thanks, I'll download that release!

EDIT: Maybe I'm being daft, where I can find that build? the "latest" zip is labelled as 1.9.9.9 on my PC. Thanks!

2nd EDIT: Nevermind, the Wiki link in your sig helped me out! Thank you!

Could this also be fixed with the same problem using Mapster32?

User is offline   Helixhorned 

• EDuke32 Developer

View Postblizzart, on 05 September 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Could this also be fixed with the same problem using Mapster32?

The change was in winlayer.c, which is common to the game and editor. Did you check whether the bug still persists?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options