• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein: New World Order

User is offline   Striker 

• Auramancer

View PostPaul B, on 10 August 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

I haven't liked any release of Wolf 3D besides the very first one which was amazing. It doesn't look like this new one they give you on screen cross hair which I don't see as being a plus and regenerating health should never happen that's lame.

Having an on-screen crosshair being a detracting factor to an FPS? Are you fucking kidding me?

Unless you have iron-sights or a massive amount of auto-aim with lack of mouse-look (ala. Wolf3D), I want a crosshair thank you very much.

This post has been edited by StrikerMan780: 28 August 2013 - 03:31 AM

User is offline   Night Wolf 

I never use crosshairs, or any of that shit.
It's so much better without a crosshair, you actually have to use skill.

I have no problem with it being an option for those that use it however.
I can't see why it wouldn't be.

This post has been edited by ozz: 28 August 2013 - 04:15 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View Postozz, on 28 August 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

I never use crosshairs, or any of that shit.

I have no problem with it being an option for those that use it however.
I can't see why it wouldn't be.

The point of having a crosshair is to simulate being able to aim down the sight in real life, which is something that cannot be done in older games.

User is offline   ---- 

View Postozz, on 28 August 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Singleplayer is about skill? I always though comepetitive Quake and UT matches are about skill. Haven't found any other games (FPS genre) being about skill since then. Not even Quake 4 MP or UT3 are skillbased in the traditional meaning of skill (opposed to the definition of "fun for the masses").

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 28 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postfuegerstef, on 28 August 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

Singleplayer is about skill? I always though comepetitive Quake and UT matches are about skill. Haven't found any other games (FPS genre) being about skill since then. Not even Quake 4 MP or UT3 are skillbased in the traditional meaning of skill (opposed to the definition of "fun for the masses").

Well yeah, Singleplayer is about skill.

You need skill to beat a challenging Singleplayer game, not that they exist nowadays with this handholding bullshit

User is offline   100199 

I hope Wolfenstein NWO turns to be a straifghtfoward shooter like RTCW or wolfenstein3d/spear of destiny.

No cutscenes, no dialogues (at least make them skippable), no rpgish stuff. Just pure, mindless, satisfying gunplay/AI in levels as less linear as possible.

Heck, I would take back keycard searching in maze-like maps anyday, altought that would be highly unlikely (impossible nowadays tbh)

But that's just me, of course.

This post has been edited by 100199: 28 August 2013 - 07:02 AM

User is offline   Tetsuo 

I can tell you right now that you are going to be highly disappointed in Wolfenstein THE NEW ORDER. It's a narrative driven action adventure game... not just an FPS according to the devs and is going to have all that stuff you don't want.

User is offline   100199 

I can live with skipabble cutscenes and dialogues here and there, but the rpg elements, if present, will kinda ruin my experience. Not that I consider rpg/fps hybrids bad, but they're just not for me.

This post has been edited by 100199: 28 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View Post100199, on 27 August 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Good gunplay! looks very fun and satisfying.

I think it looks boring as hell.

*cover*
*aim*
*burstfire*
*almost die*
<repeat ad nauseum>

Screw this. If I wanted the "combat realism" every developer seems to strive for these days I'd play paintball IRL. But I'm playing a fucking video game. I don't want an FPS to be long because I have to deal with tedious bullshit, I want it to be long because there's a lot of content.

This post has been edited by Alan: 30 August 2013 - 07:46 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

View PostAlan, on 30 August 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

True to the original!

User is offline   Loke 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 30 August 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

True to the original!

RTCW was excellent though.

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

Yeah except for the occult crap.

User is offline   Kathy 

:P That's the best part about Wolf...

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

That's the whole point. Hitler was all about the occult. And without it Wolf would just be another war shooter.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 30 August 2013 - 11:39 AM

User is offline   Mikko 

• Honored Donor

It was Himmler who was obsessed with that nonsense. Hitler was mostly embarrassed by it.

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostMikko_Sandt, on 30 August 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

It was Himmler who was obsessed with that nonsense. Hitler was mostly embarrassed by it.

Yup, Himmler was the avid occultist. The main (and official) reason he took over Wewelsberg castle, the castle that Castle Wolfenstein was based on, was to use it mostly as a "Reich Leadership School" but to also allegedly investigate the castle's history and also begin what some claim were induldgences into the occult and the mystical (Possibly even setting up a Nazi 'Knights of the Round Table'). Hitler never set foot there, and there's no sign that he or any other major SS/Nazi members followed Himmler's views, but everything found in the castle post-war showed that Himmler certainly had some interest beyond aethetics.

Without the mysticism and occultism current Wolfenstein games would just be your average WW2 shooters, and this particular game would be the exact same thing but with a plot twist that the Nazis won the war and ruled the world.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 30 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

Ah. Well then.

User is offline   100199 

View PostAlan, on 30 August 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

*cover*
*aim*
*burstfire*
*almost die*
<repeat ad nauseum>

Screw this. If I wanted the "combat realism" every developer seems to strive for these days I'd play paintball IRL. But I'm playing a fucking video game. I don't want an FPS to be long because I have to deal with tedious bullshit, I want it to be long because there's a lot of content.

sorry, i'm not quite sure if I understand your post. You don't want at all or want less shooting in a fps? or you tried to say that you would prefer some old style of run and gun gunplay from the classics, instead of the 'realistic' 'aim, cover' gunplay presented on the video?

Well, if you are not feeling like watching, he blasted it.

My previous suspicion of overly-scripted and CODuty-esque story telling seems to be confirmed.
Also gun play appears to be fun but is trumped by the story telling techniques used.

I'm not saving my breath for this one, I envision corridors and waiting a lot. My best hopes are that it will resemble Bulletstorm, yeah it's bad, but you enjoy it for the gun play.

User is offline   100199 

As long as I can skip everything that is not gunplay related, i'm fine.

edit: watching now totalbiscuit video. Gunplay and guns look good

This post has been edited by 100199: 04 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

User is offline   Alan 

• Hellspawn

View Post100199, on 03 September 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

sorry, i'm not quite sure if I understand your post. You don't want at all or want less shooting in a fps? or you tried to say that you would prefer some old style of run and gun gunplay from the classics, instead of the 'realistic' 'aim, cover' gunplay presented on the video?

Moar run-n-gun pls. This "tactical" bullshit has to go.

User is offline   100199 

View PostAlan, on 04 September 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

Moar run-n-gun pls. This "tactical" bullshit has to go.

well, then I fully agree. however I can appreciate some of the 'tatical' approach assuming the guns are fun to use!

This post has been edited by 100199: 04 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

View Posturaganotkirki, on 04 September 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

[video]

Well, if you are not feeling like watching, he blasted it.

My previous suspicion of overly-scripted and CODuty-esque story telling seems to be confirmed.
Also gun play appears to be fun but is trumped by the story telling techniques used.

I'm not saving my breath for this one, I envision corridors and waiting a lot. My best hopes are that it will resemble Bulletstorm, yeah it's bad, but you enjoy it for the gun play.

Bahhh...
It's supposed to be old school

This post has been edited by ozz: 04 September 2013 - 08:26 AM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options