Duke4.net Forums: Wolfenstein: New World Order - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wolfenstein: New World Order

They will probably not revive Hitler, since that would be "pollitically incorrect", well, i guess that's the reason Hitler has not appeared as an enemy on any Wolfenstein game since Wolf3D.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I bet they do.

User is offline   Kathy 

They should revive Hitler and make him the president of newly formed United States of Reich. I mean, it's not like he could be worse than Obama.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostCathy, on 01 June 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

He was killed in Wolf3d.

View PostDuke Rocks, on 02 June 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

1. From what I gather, none of the Wolf games share a structured storyline, i.e. no real ongoing plot.

RTCW is a reboot of the franchise not a sequel to Wolfenstein 3D. Wolfenstein (2009) is supposed to share the same timeline as RTCW.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 02 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

User is offline   Richard Shead 

• "Dick Nasty"

View PostCathy, on 02 June 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

They should revive Hitler and make him the president of newly formed United States of Reich. I mean, it's not like he could be worse than Obama.

Oh please......I'm so sick of people comparing ANY U.S. President to Hitler. Last time I checked, Obama and even G.W. Bush(who I hated) were NOT guilty of leading six million innocents to their deaths during an attempt to commit mass genocide.

No matter what you think of any US politician- or practically anyone else who ever lived, ffs- Hitler will always be in an "elite" class of his own.

Though these sorts of inane parallels are most often made by the Republican fools who were daft enough in the first place to vote for Romney, McCain, etc...so I probably shouldn't expect so much. :lol:

This post has been edited by Duke Rocks: 02 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

User is offline   Ronin 

Posted Image

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I think I read somewhere that this was supposed to be a sequel to wolf 3d, but I'm not sure so don't quote me on it.

They do let you play Wolf3D for free on their website, so it might be.

User is offline   Kathy 

View PostDuke Rocks, on 02 June 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

leading six million innocents to their deaths during an attempt to commit mass genocide

:lol:

Since I got lots of replies about Hitler being in Wolf3d, I wasn't serious. Of course timeline isn't consistent between games.
But the thing is... they might tie Führer's absence with Wolf3d, which hopefully they won't.

This post has been edited by Cathy: 02 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

User is offline   ReaperMan 

View PostCathy, on 02 June 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Someone downvoted you...... must of been an Obama supporter. :lol:

• "Dick Nasty"

*must have, Raperman

Damn fucking right I'm an Obama supporter.
And wow, are there really that many conservative retards hanging around these forums??

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Posted Image

View PostDuke Rocks, on 02 June 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

And wow, are there really that many conservative retards hanging around these forums??

<redacted>

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 02 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

• "Dick Nasty"

Wow...I blast someone for calling Obama worse than Adolf friggin' Hitler, and I'm the one who gets down voted. Just goes to show the type of people who frequent these boards.

That and a combination of the fact that many idiots here probably think that someone with an online tag of "Cathy" and an anime girl as their avatar might have an actual vagina....this "Cathy" might be a cunt, but if anyone is naive enough to believe that she actually has one....lol.

I guarantee- if I had called myself something like "Michelle", I'd have a shit load of more people around here agreeing with me. Nice tactics, Carl, erm, "Cathy".

User is offline   ReaperMan 

Posted Image

Cathy HIGH FIVE!

View PostDuke Rocks, on 02 June 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

Raperman

*ReaperMan (see what i did there)

This post has been edited by ReaperMan: 02 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I hope they do a good job with the OST

RTCW had some awesome music

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 02 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

User is offline   NightFright 

• The Truth is in here

I am looking forward to this. Just wondering if it's merely a coincidence to see so many sequels to popular classic FPS like ROTT, Shadow Warrior and now Wolfenstein (even though the latter had more recent sequels) being announced in a rather short period of time. What made them rediscover these titles all of a sudden? They ran out of ideas or someone wants to see if the scenarios can still work out these days?

A recent preview in one of our game mags here was suggesting that this might be the first Wolfenstein game with a plot going beyond the "in-your-face" Nazi cliché. Reviewers indicated that the scenes they saw might mean they put more work into characters and dialogue than they previously did. Yet, it was hard to judge from the little material which was presented to them. Only the full title will probably reveal whether's it's just some superficial decoration or a real contribution to the actual gameplay. However, testers wanted to continue playing after the demo ended, which is a good sign.

Anyway, exciting times may lie ahead, let's just hope they don't screw this! ^^

This post has been edited by NightFright: 03 June 2013 - 12:59 AM

User is offline   Engel220 

I think that some smaller developers and publishers are trying to find new ways of, for lack of a better word, 'de-COD-ifying' the FPS market. Bringing back titles like Shadow Warrior, ROTT, Wolfenstein (Possibly even a Blood remake if the rumours around Devolver's secret title are true) and so on is a way to explore the old ways of FPS where you weren't punished for straying off the beaten path and even being rewarded for doing so by being given extra ammo, different weapons and funny secrets and Easter eggs. And obviously the characters are more exciting because they're more over the top, which after all the seriousness of modern shooter storylines and character arks is usually welcomed by the more dedicated gamer audience.

These days the FPS market is cluttered with linear military shooters like CoD, Battlefield and the rest so much that it's hard to make an interesting FPS-based game under a new name, and by using already established brands like Wolfenstein and also by bringing back big cult shooters like Rise of the Triad it's a way of gaining more hype and followers instantly as opposed to creating a whole new IP and waiting for people to take to it. You're more likely to turn heads by making a game with a name synonymous with what basically made the FPS genre like Wolfenstein than you are by making a game under a new name with all new characters and hoping people take to it. It can be considered as lazy, but if the effort being put into development is there then, depending on how well each developer pulls it off, you could easily treble your fanbase and get more people away from the CoD FPS stereotype and back into what made FPS games so entertaining and also what game them such longevity and replay value.

The long and short of it is this; brand recognition.

This post has been edited by Engel220: 03 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Any source on Devolver being rumored to have a Blood remake in the works?

User is offline   Engel220 

View PostKristian Joensen, on 03 June 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Any source on Devolver being rumored to have a Blood remake in the works?

No sources, they mentioned that they were going to be at the Rezzed gaming expo with two titles that they've only mentioned as "[REDACTED] and [REDACTED]". The whole Blood remake thing was just something random Twitter followers kept mentioning, probably just in light of SW's return with Devolver publishing.

View PostEngel220, on 03 June 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

No sources, they mentioned that they were going to be at the Rezzed gaming expo with two titles that they've only mentioned as "[REDACTED] and [REDACTED]". The whole Blood remake thing was just something random Twitter followers kept mentioning, probably just in light of SW's return with Devolver publishing.

Ahh, so it was just guesses not really rumors. Now I understand :lol:

• Glory To Motherland!

Honestly, Devolver need to dig their heels into one game before they try and tackle multiple ambitious projects and IPs at once, lest they suffer the same fate as Telltale - many games with interesting premises, but lackluster execution.

This post has been edited by Comrade Major: 03 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

User is offline   Kathy 

They aren't developers. It is pretty normal to have several projects going on in their position as producer/publisher.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostComrade Major, on 03 June 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Honestly, Devolver need to dig their heels into one game before they try and tackle multiple ambitious projects and IPs at once, lest they suffer the same fate as Telltale - many games with interesting premises, but lackluster execution.

1. Learn about Devolver before commenting on them.
2. Understand what you read in #1.
3. Comment on Devolver.

In that particular order please.

So, let us try again.

Devolver is a publisher. A publisher does not develop games. A publisher publishes games. That's why they are called publishers and not developers. Are you following me so far? Fine!

A publisher can concentrate on publishing several games at the same time, because they are not developers and are only publishing games. You still with me? Fine!

Publishing a game is mostly marketing, PR and all that stuff and a much smaller staff can handle that than developing a game. I hope you still understand? Fine!

They might also be producing games, which still is NOT developing a game. You know, like 3DR produced Prey and Max Payne for example. I hope you follow me until here? Fine!

There is absolutely no problem for a producer and publisher producing and publishing several games at the same. I hope that is understandable? Fine!

Now you are fit for commenting on Devolver.

No Problem. You are welcome.

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 03 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Devolver's on a roll. They have guys on staff that have nearly twenty years industry experience. They released Serious Sam 3 and Hotline Miami, both of which are incredible games regardless of the scale of production. I'm sure they're more than capable of tackling Shadow Warrior. I'm confident most folks will be happy this fall.

MachineGames have already hinted that despite killing Mecha-Hitler in Wolf-3D, he's probably going to show up in some form or another. The way they've framed the game makes it sound like BJ's having a nightmare.

This post has been edited by Mr. Tibbs: 03 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

User is offline   ---- 

View PostMr. Tibbs, on 03 June 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Devolver's on a roll. They have guys on staff that have nearly twenty years industry experience. They released Serious Sam 3 and Hotline Miami, both of which are incredible games regardless of the scale of production. I'm sure they're more than capable of tackling Shadow Warrior. I'm confident most folks will be happy this fall.

MachineGames have already hinted that despite killing Mecha-Hitler in Wolf-3D, he's probably going to show up in some form or another. The way they've framed the game makes it sound like BJ's having a nightmare.

Don't forget they also re-published SS2 (formerly with 2K, urgh) and the SS 1st and 2nd Encounter HD versions.

User is offline   Player Lin 

View Postfuegerstef, on 04 June 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Don't forget they also re-published SS2 (formerly with 2K, urgh) and the SS 1st and 2nd Encounter HD versions.

Devolver Digital was found by 3 founders of Gathering of Developers in 2011, many years later after Take-two ruined GoD at 2000 and it died at 2004, so basically they did publishing newer(and classic) SS titles for sure(except SS:TNE for PS2 and the GBA one).

I didn't surprised when they touched on SW or even Blood. They tends like publishing those old-school action games. :lol:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 04 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

View PostFrom 02 June 2013 - 05:04 PM:

Nice tactics, Carl, erm, "Cathy".

Posted Image

Anyway, I really hope they do good on this, Wolfenstein 3D is one of my all time favorites. Would anyone else here would like to see the Angel of Death make an appearance as a boss? That would be so cool :lol:

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostSlippy_Pig, on 04 June 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Anyway, I really hope they do good on this, Wolfenstein 3D is one of my all time favorites. Would anyone else here would like to see the Angel of Death make an appearance as a boss?

Are you referring to this Angel of Death: Posted Image

Or this one? Posted Image

User is offline   LkMax 

Stupid question, it's clearly the second one. /sarcasm
PS: But thinking better, there's some time since the last mad doc boss appeared on a wolfenstein.

This post has been edited by LkMax: 04 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

User is offline   Mr. Tibbs 

Wolfy's been delayed into 2014. Here's a interview with some new gameplay.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

View PostDuke Rocks, on 02 June 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Hitler will always be in an "elite" class of his own.

Wow man, just wow. :P

(jk)

This post has been edited by Tea Monster: 08 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options