Duke4.net Forums: Radeon vs NVidia. - Duke4.net Forums

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Radeon vs NVidia.  "Favorite GPU brand?"

Poll: Radeon vs NVidia. (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your favorite video card brand?

1. Radeon (8 votes [21.62%])

Percentage of vote: 21.62%

2. NVidia. (29 votes [78.38%])

Percentage of vote: 78.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

In my opinion, unless you plan on going 4k (which I'm not) the 9xx series is just fine going forward for a while.

View PostMusicallyInspired, on 26 June 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

In my opinion, unless you plan on going 4k (which I'm not) the 9xx series is just fine going forward for a while.

I bought my 1080 because I wanted to go 4k; 4k gaming looks really nice.

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I'm sure it does. You'd also need a good 4k monitor for that, though. I'm just not prepared to spend that much money anytime soon. I'm happy with 1080p.

User is offline   Romulus 

A GTX 1080 is no good for 4K unless you're willing to sacrifice details. The GTX 1080 Ti can barely manage 60 frames at 4K in some games.

User is offline   Mblackwell 

• Evil Overlord

Pixel density at 4k (on the most common monitors) usually means you can sacrifice heavy things like AA without reducing image quality.

Right now there's really no card that pushes 4k@60 on Ultra for every game (particularly new titles, older ones perhaps). It's just a ridiculously high pixel count. But if you're gaming on PC you can usually find ways to tweak things to look quite beautiful and maintain your resolution and framerate.

User is offline   Mark 

I don't know if its related or not but I read back in Jan or Feb that there was going to be a memory shortage during the summer and to hold off on buying cards or SSDs until fall. So prices may come back down after the spike.

View PostRomulus, on 28 June 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

A GTX 1080 is no good for 4K unless you're willing to sacrifice details. The GTX 1080 Ti can barely manage 60 frames at 4K in some games.

I have yet to find a game, that disappoints me at 4k on my 1080.

This post has been edited by icecoldduke: 05 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

>Buying 4K

Buy a hooker instead.

User is offline   Maisth 

I like and dislike NVIDIA.

I like them because they provide a good enough system to work with every game possible

and dislike them because they are douchebags with AMD, pretty much everything that AMD Released is freeware while NVIDIA is exclusive to NVIDIA Cards

Kliksphilip made a video about this also

This post has been edited by Maisth: 27 October 2017 - 08:30 AM

User is offline   Person of Color 

• Senior Unpaid Intern at Viceland

I love how the same guy who fucked up the Radeon Technology Group is now heading Intel's new dedicated GPU group, while they're licensing AMD shit for their higher end processors.

i740. Larrabee. Now this shit. 20 years later and they're gonna fall flat on their ass again. Your drivers don't even have proper vsync controls and you wanna make dedicated GPU's? Nigga, get the fuck outta here.

Cryptomining is gonna make the prices of GPUs to Skyrocket and gonna have another shortage again!

http://www.pcgamer.c...bitcoins-spike/

Should I invest in LTC/Litecoin for no? I don't have any mining experience. The Device Pitstop that I go to has an Bitcoin/Litecoin machine. Does anyone do cryptocurrency mining?

Another news AMD quietly made the Radeon RX 560's perform worse than ever.

https://www.pcworld....ards-worse.html

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 08 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

User is offline   Romulus 

This thread is so full of misinformation, it's not even funny.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

View PostRomulus, on 09 December 2017 - 01:21 AM, said:

This thread is so full of misinformation, it's not even funny.

Then enlighten the masses with facts and stats.

Share this topic:

• 4 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options