• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RELEASE: DUKE NUKEM FOREVER 2013  "it wasn´t a hoax."

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHiPolyBash, on 21 March 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Yes, because a hypothetical DNF mod that used high resolution assets and a decent lighting system is something no one wants.

Actually, yeah, I kinda don't want that. I like the 8bit charm of DNF 2013.

User is offline   HiPolyBash 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 21 March 2017 - 10:03 PM, said:

You're not everyone. You're an individual. Read my post again, it's not directed at anyone in particular it's just a thought that crossed my mind. This is its own thing and for what it is it's extremely cool.

I like the 8bit charm of the mod too. I love these sort of classic style first person shooters which is the same reason I'm looking forward to the Bombshell build FPS.

What I'm talking about is something else entirely. A DNF mod spinoff that used this as a base for something that closely emulated the E3 2001 trailer models and all be it in some theoretical optimized version of Polymer or something completely different. it's all imaginary, hypothetical, no plans, non existent, pipe dream style thought. It'd just be cool and I'm sure a lot of people share that sentiment because playing something that looked exactly like the 2001 trailer would be awesome.

Again it's just a thought, something I pictured in my head because playing something that looked exactly like the 2001 trailer would be awesome.

This mod already makes my dick spurt gallons of wonderous goo all over the cafe and it's patrons while I browse my phone and drink my coffee. Imagining something that recreated the 2001 trailer on a modern base with vast interaction, modern graphics and all the other features a more modern engine would accommodate for is just a cool thought.

A cool thought. An idea. Nothing more.

Mental breakdown, brain broken. Asdf. I love Gambini and everyone behind this mod. I love commando nukem and his thinking my generalisation was aimed at him specifically for some odd reason. Anyway I should really be checking myself back into the asylum, I'm starting to have strange sexual thoughts again..who else here likes sonic?

This post has been edited by HiPolyBash: 22 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

See Gambini I told you on the beta testing site that somebody would bring up polymer lights. See, if you broke up levels 1-4 to be as small as levels 5-6 then you might be able to pull off decent polymer performance.

Personally I wouldn't mind if there were an HRP for it, BUT somehow I also would mind because even though my PC can handle HRP in Polymost I higly doubt that a mod with such a level of detail and out door areas would run any decently >_>
I don't want Hi-Res Duke to make my PC explode (although that may inevitably happen someday) ^^

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

View PostHiPolyBash, on 21 March 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

You're not everyone.

No shit, Sherlock.

User is offline   Forge 

• Speaker of the Outhouse

Actually, yeah. I also feel the same way about it.
Now 'we' are more than an 'individual'.

This post has been edited by Forge: 22 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

User is online   Mark 

I emailed a couple of attempts for the soldier voice and General Graves.

This post has been edited by Mark.: 22 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

User is offline   Danukem 

• Duke Plus Developer

ATTN DNF players:

View PostRunningDuke, on 20 February 2017 - 02:34 AM, said:

I have experienced the same bugs when I played the mod last time. The bike either floats and I'm hearing Duke screaming and then I die few seconds later or I sometimes just randomly take falling damage when going up or down to a slope.

I have been working on DNF code and today I played around with the bike. I"m not able to reproduce the problem described here. I tried coasting down hills, which is supposed to trigger it, but no screaming, floating or fall damage occurred. It's quite possible that some fixes made a year or two ago were not distributed with the copy you guys were playing. Or, it's possible that I just haven't found the problem yet.

If there is a particular map and stretch of road that is known to cause issues, it would help me investigate. I suppose I could distribute just the EBIKE.CON that I have been working with, since it contains no content or spoilers relating to the new release. However, I can't guarantee that there wouldn't be some problem caused by using it without the other newer cons.

User is offline   Gambini 

The problem occurs when no key is pressed, but the mouse is moved, and the player travels from one sector to another with a different slope value.

• Honored Donor

Hey Gambini is the DLC that Davox and I worked on going to be included in the new release?

Nope, because we are actually doing a different mod. the old dnf 2013 will be always there with the DLC. This version has a slightly different scope and we are probably going to step on one another´s shoes with references and such.

• Honored Donor

That's a shame. Davox's Duke Bike level in particular deserves a bigger spotlight, and I'm concerned the DLC will get very little attention after the new version comes out, and the proportion of DLC downloads compared to the full mod is already incredibly small.

I assume that the new version will include the levels from the 2013 version or will they be different?

Maybe there should be a complete release that lets you choose between DNF2013\DLC and the new DNF Mod? The DLC was great and I think including it in a complete style release would give it more attention instead of it being forgotten with time.

We gave to your DLC our support by including it in the mod page and endorsing it. But I don´t think it is part of this work, the team was never open. Sorry if that is negative in any way.

As for the levels of the new version. Well I prefer to save some surprises, it´s just a re-envisioning of the same idea with Trooper Dan actively working alongside with us.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Pokeballs confirmed. /s

Dan is focusing on coding some new enemies, vehicles, weapons and general improvements. Nothing outside duke world.

Animated voxel strippers with bouncy tits? Should be a priority.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostPerro Seco, on 21 February 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

I'm not sure because I'm not an expert, but I think this may help to fix the bug. Maybe inside the updatesprisect state of EBIKE.CON:

It seems you were correct; the bike lacked a proper sector update under certain conditions, and adding one made the problem go away. As a failsafe, I also set falling_counter to 0 so that Duke won't scream or take fall damage when on the bike.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 April 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

As a failsafe, I also set falling_counter to 0 so that Duke won't scream or take fall damage when on the bike.

Like the shrink - no damage from a fall bug?
So now I can jump over the snake river and not get hurt if my chute deploys early. Sweet.

This post has been edited by Forge: 30 April 2017 - 09:57 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 April 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

It seems you were correct; the bike lacked a proper sector update under certain conditions, and adding one made the problem go away. As a failsafe, I also set falling_counter to 0 so that Duke won't scream or take fall damage when on the bike.

Do you think you can add a little bounce if you fall from a great height? Seems a bit unrealistic to have this large fall and be stuck to the ground as soon as you make contact. It'll help give some feel to the suspension.

User is offline   Forge 

View PostMicky C, on 30 April 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

Seems a bit unrealistic....

...says the person who's okay with using the bike to jump off the top of the empire state building and take no damage....

• Duke Plus Developer

The goal isn't to make a bike simulator, it just needs to work correctly in the maps where it is used, which may or may not have big jumps in them. To be honest it's not fun to wade through the code; I would rather code my own bike from scratch when I have more time. At this point the priority is adding the needed features and fixing what's broken across the entire TC. Refinements will come later.

• Honored Donor

View PostForge, on 30 April 2017 - 10:11 PM, said:

...says the person who's okay with using the bike to jump off the top of the empire state building and take no damage....

Hey it's the future. I'm sure it'd be a sophisticated suspension system that converts the kinetic energy into heat that makes you popcorn.

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

I've emailed you a dropbox link to my take on the General's voice (with some help from Mark). :(

Thanks! We have a good set of voices, even a few good ones which are hard to choose. What we dont have is the girl at the bar. Duke4.net is a sausage party :(

User is online   Mark 

TM jumped the gun and sent a link to the first take version. I just emailed you the better quality one.

• Honored Donor

View PostTrooper Dan, on 30 April 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

The goal isn't to make a bike simulator, it just needs to work correctly in the maps where it is used, which may or may not have big jumps in them. To be honest it's not fun to wade through the code; I would rather code my own bike from scratch when I have more time. At this point the priority is adding the needed features and fixing what's broken across the entire TC. Refinements will come later.

How about a bug fix? IIRC the bike can travel over floor aligned blocking sprites as expected, however if the sector is tagged with water (lotag 1) it falls through as though it doesn't bother checking for sprites in water sectors. Hopefully that's quick and easy enough compared to adding new physics.

• Duke Plus Developer

View PostMicky C, on 01 May 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

How about a bug fix? IIRC the bike can travel over floor aligned blocking sprites as expected, however if the sector is tagged with water (lotag 1) it falls through as though it doesn't bother checking for sprites in water sectors. Hopefully that's quick and easy enough compared to adding new physics.

Hmm the bike probably just needs to have the sprite flag set to prevent it from sinking in water tagged sectors. I'll check it when I'm home from work.

User is offline   Lunick 

View PostGambini, on 30 April 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Nope, because we are actually doing a different mod.

I hate to be a dick but if it is a different mod, shouldn't you make a new thread for it? Going through the responses, I can already tell people were confused as to if it was further extended content for the existing DNF mod or not.

View PostLunick, on 01 May 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

I hate to be a dick but if it is a different mod, shouldn't you make a new thread for it? Going through the responses, I can already tell people were confused as to if it was further extended content for the existing DNF mod or not.

I'm confused now. Is this not an expanded version of Duke Forever 2013 mod?

Share this topic:

• 36 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options