Duke4.net Forums: Enthusiasm Thread! - Duke4.net Forums

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Enthusiasm Thread!  "Be Enthusiastic about DNF in here =D"

Isn't it great that its blatantly obvious that DNF will be released in a matter of months?

I really don't think the game is far off, maybe 3 months at most and that it will be released ASAP after it goes gold, no hype machine, just Its Done, simple as that, with a trailer of course :)

User is offline   X-Vector 

Yes, that is what will happen.

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 12 2009, 04:46 PM, said:

Yes, that is what will happen.

Good to hear, but how can you be sure? Are you privvy to Rockmx8's and Nukem Dave's (faulty) crystal ball?

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 12 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

User is offline   peoplessi 

• Honored Donor

Well, how can you be sure? :) I think it's not far off, but when is the actual release, that's impossible to predict based on the information we have now.

View Postpeoplessi, on Feb 12 2009, 05:37 PM, said:

Well, how can you be sure? :)

I'm not sure, just speculation, but that bug fix list is a massive hint that its very near completion.

Off topic but are you planning to take time off work to play this game and if so how long? I think a week should be enough time to get over the initial shock of playing DNF finally, it will be surreal.

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 12 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

View PostSinisterambo, on Feb 12 2009, 10:47 AM, said:

I'm not sure, just speculation, but that bug fix list is a massive hint that its very near completion.

Off topic but are you planning to take time off work to play this game and if so how long? I think a week should be enough time to get over the initial shock of playing DNF finally, it will be surreal.

I think it is almost done as well. Fingers crossed and hoping :)

I don't htink i will take any time off. I am in school so I can't really. But best believe I will be playing as much as I can especially on weekends.

I can't wait. Also off topic I would really love for this game to come to the xbox 360. I wanna play dukematches over live real bad :)

This post has been edited by MrAdidaKing: 12 February 2009 - 10:25 AM

View PostSinisterambo, on Feb 12 2009, 05:53 PM, said:

Good to hear, but how can you be sure? Are you privvy to Rockmx8's and Nukem Dave's (faulty) crystal ball?

Steve told me.

I trust Steve.

All will be revealed soon.

Stay positive, stay tuned, get ready to ROCK.

HARD.

User is offline   Dennis 

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 12 2009, 10:21 PM, said:

Steve told me.

I trust Steve.

HARD.

It's a joke people, Steve knows nothing (for sure !)

Do you think a few Twitter posts does mean anything ?, if the game is close everybody will know.
This is not the start yet, we will have to be patient :)

That's not very enthusiastic, now is it?

User is offline   kaisersoze 

• Honored Donor

You better be able to ride that fucking donkey! :)

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

View Postkaisersoze, on Feb 12 2009, 08:55 PM, said:

You should be able to do more than just ride. Hahahahaha! I'm kidding. Duke ain't no zoophile! :)

By the way, if anyone notices any out-of-the-ordinary posts by Rockmx8, then it's because his posts are now being moderated. Why? I thought this was a fredom of speech zone. :D

User is offline   Kathy 

So, his posts in the past weren't "out-of-the-ordinary"? And what do you mean by "posts being moderated"?

View PostLotan, on Feb 13 2009, 01:18 AM, said:

So, his posts in the past weren't "out-of-the-ordinary"? And what do you mean by "posts being moderated"?

Rock told me that Yatta told him that his posts will be moderated before being decided to be put on the board.

User is offline   Kathy 

It's called pre-moderation, btw. All posts are moderated somehow since we have moderators.

Anyway... Freedom of speech is one thing. Being utterly annoying is another. Because flooding forum with crap messages without any arguments or whatever for more than several months isn't a good thing. Rock can create some thread where all of his "rock hard" messages can be posted or whatever. Rock basically is trolling. And it's not anarchy here, you know.

This post has been edited by Lotan: 12 February 2009 - 11:55 PM

• Honored Donor

View PostSinisterambo, on Feb 12 2009, 07:47 PM, said:

One week to recover for the shock induced coma... Then a solid how-ever-long-it-takes-to-finish timeframe :)

User is offline   Kathy 

I think, I'm gonna play it in the weekend. Probably finish it within 2 days. I can wait 5 days if I acquire this game on monday.

But basically, I don't know when I acquire it(even knowing the release date) since there won't be any here except pirated or torrents. I hope for a Steam, though. So, taking days off would be hard when you don't know when exactly you will need them.

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

View Postkaisersoze, on Feb 13 2009, 11:55 AM, said:

whilst wielding a shotgun! :) (2001 trailer)

motorcycle ride! whilst wielding a shotgun! and slide under a big rig!.... maybe!?

View PostX-Vector, on Feb 12 2009, 09:21 PM, said:

Steve told me.

I trust Steve.

HARD.

Well, his most recent post on the topic:-

"Steve is not telling the truth"

View Postpeoplessi, on Feb 13 2009, 08:57 AM, said:

One week to recover for the shock induced coma... Then a solid how-ever-long-it-takes-to-finish timeframe :)

Lol, I dunno about a coma but I know there will be at least a jar full of drool from my mouth once I have the game in my hands/disk drive :)

This post has been edited by Sinisterambo: 13 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

View PostLotan, on Feb 13 2009, 07:53 AM, said:

It's called pre-moderation, btw. All posts are moderated somehow since we have moderators.

Anyway... Freedom of speech is one thing. Being utterly annoying is another. Because flooding forum with crap messages without any arguments or whatever for more than several months isn't a good thing. Rock can create some thread where all of his "rock hard" messages can be posted or whatever. Rock basically is trolling. And it's not anarchy here, you know.

(Sorry for 3 posts in a row)

Well said, that little get Rockmx8 really does my tits in, such a little dweeb noob, I almost hate him.

View PostSinisterambo, on Feb 13 2009, 01:09 PM, said:

(Sorry for 3 posts in a row)

Well said, that little get Rockmx8 really does my tits in, such a little dweeb noob, I almost hate him.

Well, no need to worry about him anymore. He's gone for good. :) I might leave here as well if things continue the way they're going here.

This is the enthusiasm thread, people - enthusiasm please, not drama.

Always bet on Duke!

And Steve!

This post has been edited by X-Vector: 14 February 2009 - 06:13 AM

User is offline   Micki! 

• Candy Consumptionist & Administrator

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Feb 14 2009, 05:12 AM, said:

Well, no need to worry about him anymore. He's gone for good. :) I might leave here as well if things continue the way they're going here.

If things were going the way the were BEFORE this, other people would have left, they stated so themselves several times i recall... It really hurts the majority of the community, and we don't want that...

It might even just be temporary, it's not a ban afterall... We warned him several times, we got complains SEVERAL times, and it was stated here openly more than enough... -We had more than enough reasons to go crazy over this...

Maybe this is precisely the kind of treatment needed to make him calm down a bit... Words didn't do anything, we asked him several times, the community asked him several times, i hope he sees we're not just spewing hot air when we say "we're serious, calm down"...

Please discuss this elsewhere though and not in here anymore, it's not about DNF, and it certainly isn't being enthusiastic or positive about things...

User is offline   Betelgeuse 

• Honored Donor

YEAH! THIS GAME IS GOING TO STONE! ALWAYS WAGER ON A NOBLEMAN OF CORRESPONDING RANK IN CERTAIN OTHER COUNTRIES!

GET READY TO STONE SOLID!

• Honored Donor

Catiously anxious still, let's see what next week reveals.

A demo is very likely to release soon. That's probably why they're so focused on fixing up the menu and hud. I just hope we get a 360 demo as well. :)

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

Don't you have a pc nukemdave?

View Postzchri9, on Feb 16 2009, 01:49 AM, said:

Don't you have a pc nukemdave?

Of course, but I'm going to play DNF on 360 first, then on PC later. My current PC wouldn't run it anyway.

User is offline   zchri9 

• Honored Donor

What's your current PC's specs?

User is offline   Lead 

View PostNUKEMDAVE, on Feb 15 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

A demo is very likely to release soon.

Maybe along with the enthusiasm and rant thread we can have a "pulled out of your ass" thread for people to just make wild guesses which are worded as if they are educated ones.

Share this topic:

• 19 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options