Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded - Gearbox Boycott - Duke4.net Forums

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Reloaded - Gearbox Boycott

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

Well, the reason I was specifically referring to Interceptor is because they're the only ones that might have such ambition. Sure they might not have been able to get DN3D:R out the door, but I doubt like hell that they wanted their efforts to go to waste. If it was the Duke they were trying to bring back, well, he's already here. It doesn't mean that what we have couldn't be better. We are a community, and EDuke32 is open source. Whatever they have to give is welcome to anyone who wants it, and that doesn't necessarily mean that anything that they can bring will be golden, but it might be the only hope we'd have. If there was ever something we needed from EDuke32, imagine it getting done.

I know it will probably never happen, but we could sure use more people with a passion for it.

This post has been edited by Spirrwell: 16 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

User is offline   Saiyuki234 

speaking of Duke 3D reloaded, interceptor needs to finish what they started. seriously it's effing BuIIShit. : 3

User is offline   Player Lin 

If they completed DN3D:R then yeah, that's great.

But only one problem......you know...even it's Interceptor's work but I don't have any confidence anymore about games come from Gearbox and it's not their own-made titles/IPs. :angry:

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

View PostSaiyuki234, on 16 March 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

speaking of Duke 3D reloaded, interceptor needs to finish what they started. seriously it's effing BuIIShit. : 3

Get over it. Not gonna happen. Move on.

User is offline   ---- 

View PostSaiyuki234, on 16 March 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

And then?

You do realize that finishing it won't get it released until Gearbox greenlights it. Which was and is not the case.

And you do realize that work on it stopped because Gearbox had no intention of even stating if it might be greenlit at all.

Why does everything need to be repeated 46137824632784623784 times until people understand that? Shouldn't once or twice be enough and then maybe explain a little about it if needed?

This post has been edited by fuegerstef: 18 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

User is offline   Tea Monster 

• Polymancer

Nobody ever listens.

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

Sorry, I didn't get that. Could you repeat?

i wish we could all forget about the piece of shit, that was Duke nukem forever. that game is a nightmare and DOES NOT deserve to be called a worthy sequel to Duke Nukem 3D. its shovelware garbage and i honestly wish it was Rebooted again, i dont care if we would've had to wait a bit longer. at least with gearbox rebooting it again we would've had a competent & worthy sequel to Duke 3D. not the POS we got. we should just start up wheatleys DNF 1998 project again, its the only chance we got.

• Judge Mental

Gearbox has made it pretty clear they can't manage dogshit either. They botched Aliens CM so terribly that i'm still recovering from the whip lash.

As far as trying to recapture the nostalgia of the early versions of DNF and make a game out of it... No. Just let em go. Enjoy the piles of archival images and videos we have, but let it go.

We need someone to come along with a fleshed out design doc, a streamlined and simple story that does not get in the way of the game, and a series of systems that give the player the ability to explore and destroy the world and characters would him. A genuine Duke Nukem reboot that brings the greatness of Duke Nukem 3D into the 21st Century without turning it into a HALO/COD clone-mutant.

View PostCommando Nukem, on 18 March 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Gearbox has made it pretty clear they can't manage dogshit either. They botched Aliens CM so terribly that i'm still recovering from the whip lash.

As far as trying to recapture the nostalgia of the early versions of DNF and make a game out of it... No. Just let em go. Enjoy the piles of archival images and videos we have, but let it go.

We need someone to come along with a fleshed out design doc, a streamlined and simple story that does not get in the way of the game, and a series of systems that give the player the ability to explore and destroy the world and characters would him. A genuine Duke Nukem reboot that brings the greatness of Duke Nukem 3D into the 21st Century without turning it into a HALO/COD clone-mutant.

honestly i think interceptor should develop the next Duke nukem Game,Triptych & 3D realms should do testing & consulting, and gearbox should do coding,animation,modeling,writing,and publishing. yes, even though Gearbox owns the Duke Nukem IP...i think it should go that way. :woot: c'mon with what interceptor is doing with ROTT is just pretty much giving a finger to paid DLC & not having mod tools which is the status quo. :angry: :woot: whats not to like? :D

This post has been edited by Saiyuki234: 19 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

User is offline   X-Vector 

View PostSaiyuki234, on 19 March 2013 - 12:38 AM, said:

whats not to like?

Everything.

• Judge Mental

It remains to be seen whether ROTT will be good. Interceptor is still a relatively young and untested entity. Yes, they're making a lot of good choices, it seems, with ROTT, but that does not mean the game will be good. We've been promised gold and been given shite by many developers before. If ROTT is a success? Sure. I'm not down for the level of intense deep cavity ass-kissing some people seem compelled to give Interceptor at this point. Not yet. They have not earned their wings.

User is offline   Player Lin 

Unless Gearbox Software stop failing like the Alien CM game, do good jobs on new games that not their own-made ones(like DNF, Alien CM, etc...) or I just don't really that care..., Interceptor is still needed try to prove their-self with ROTT 2013, but even if ROTT 2013 succeed, it still NOT means DN3D:R(or some Gearbox's DN games) too, and when it's on Gearbox's control...

:angry:

This post has been edited by Player Lin: 19 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostSaiyuki234, on 18 March 2013 - 09:25 PM, said:

i wish we could all forget about the piece of shit, that was Duke nukem forever. that game is a nightmare and DOES NOT deserve to be called a worthy sequel to Duke Nukem 3D. its shovelware garbage and i honestly wish it was Rebooted again, i dont care if we would've had to wait a bit longer. at least with gearbox rebooting it again we would've had a competent & worthy sequel to Duke 3D. not the POS we got. we should just start up wheatleys DNF 1998 project again, its the only chance we got.

...I still like Duke Nukem Forever...

User is offline   Hank 

View PostSpirrwell, on 19 March 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

...I still like Duke Nukem Forever...

I like DNF because it is part of gaming history, not because of the game itself.
The first time I played it it was OK, the second time around, prolly a mistake, I found stuff that made me see the game as a game.

For example, one thing I need in a game are secrets, without this option, to wander beyond the scripted play and do extra stuff, it's just another basic FPS.

You turn, help me understand what you like about this game. Posted Image

User is offline   Steveeeie 

God I wish this thread would die.

User is offline   Jimmy 

• Let's go Brandon!

Then why did you post in it?

Posted Image

User is offline   uh . . . . 

View PostHank, on 19 March 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I like DNF because it is part of gaming history, not because of the game itself.
The first time I played it it was OK, the second time around, prolly a mistake, I found stuff that made me see the game as a game.

For example, one thing I need in a game are secrets, without this option, to wander beyond the scripted play and do extra stuff, it's just another basic FPS.

You turn, help me understand what you like about this game. Posted Image

I personally like DNF because on the Damn I'm Good difficulty your choices really matter in order to proceed. You only get a few weapons in a typical fight before you get to swap them out, and the enemies can kill you really easily if you're not careful. Also, I like the gunplay, I don't know what people are getting at when they say none of the weapons feel powerful or whatever, they're fun to shoot. The bad parts are the puzzles and driving sequences, which are plentiful, sadly; I don't know why there couldn't have been more enemies placed throughout the levels. More enemies, rooms, and less puzzles would have made the game much better.

I think a lot of people hated the game because the game was boring all the way through since they played on the easy difficulties. But of course others might still dislike regardless.

This post has been edited by uh . . . .: 19 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

User is offline   MusicallyInspired 

• The Sarien Encounter

I liked it because I enjoy linearity, I think. I adore Half-Life. DNF followed the same pattern. Going from area to area and locale to locale. I enjoy that adventurous experience. It didn't do it as well as Half-Life did, of course, and I didn't like some of the gameplay design decisions, but it was a decent ride. There were some great ideas in the game that just never got shine very well. The writing was terrible, though. As in Duke's and everybody else's lines. It was a good idea that just didn't present itself well enough. I actually thought the DLC campaign was a little better.

But I hate it because there are no mod tools and we were intentionally (no, maliciously) prevented from accessing what little freedom we had (the console for one). Well, I hate Gearbox for that, anyway. It's not the game's fault. It was a victim of its stupidly long development time and the poor writing that went into it.

This post has been edited by MusicallyInspired: 19 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

User is offline   DaveyDoomsday 

• Interceptor PR

View PostCommando Nukem, on 19 March 2013 - 01:06 AM, said:

It remains to be seen whether ROTT will be good. Interceptor is still a relatively young and untested entity. Yes, they're making a lot of good choices, it seems, with ROTT, but that does not mean the game will be good. We've been promised gold and been given shite by many developers before. If ROTT is a success? Sure. I'm not down for the level of intense deep cavity ass-kissing some people seem compelled to give Interceptor at this point. Not yet. They have not earned their wings.

I like the cut of your jib, sir. Indeed, we expect nothing but cautious optimism until we prove ourselves with our first shipped titles.

User is offline   Fox 

• Fraka kaka kaka kaka-kow!

View PostSteveeeie, on 19 March 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

God I wish this thread would die.

You cannot kill an idea. Threads die, but their ideas do not.

User is offline   DaveyDoomsday 

• Interceptor PR

View PostFox, on 19 March 2013 - 06:54 PM, said:

You cannot kill an idea. Threads die, but their ideas do not.

"Every thread dies. Not every thread truly lives!"

-Breavethread: The Bravening

Share this topic:

• 5 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options