Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D Animation Master Stills - Duke4.net Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D Animation Master Stills  "Chuck Jones stills from the Animation Master CD"

User is offline   Mack 

Saw this thread talking about Duke 3Ds cut scenes and I remembered that I had a copy of Animation Master in my archives. I dug through them, found the CD and sure enough there was model renders for Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior, these are all the shots from the CDs I had, enjoy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Full album here

User is offline   Lunick 

What is this, what is this, what is this. It is sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Never saw the Battlelord one or that version of the Cycloid pic before.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

Cool! Because imgur resaves all JPEGs (meaning quality loss), could you upload the full set in an archive to MediaFire or similar?

My collection appears to contain some additional images, probably because they have a later date.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

View PostMack, on 21 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

This one doesn't appear to be in your Full Album.

User is offline   Mack 

View PostHendricks266, on 21 January 2013 - 09:27 PM, said:

Cool! Because imgur resaves all JPEGs (meaning quality loss), could you upload the full set in an archive to MediaFire or similar?

The images on the CD were in JPG, sorry no PNGs.

My collection appears to contain some additional images, probably because they have a later date.

Great pics! Love those high res. shots.

This one doesn't appear to be in your Full Album.

Yeah for some reason it didn't upload with the rest.

User is offline   Malgon 

Cool, there's a few here that I haven't seen before. Cheers for sharing them. :P

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

I'd really love to get my hands on these models.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

View PostMack, on 21 January 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

The images on the CD were in JPG, sorry no PNGs.

No PNGs, no problem--if you upload JPEGs to imgur, it has been observed that imgur will further degrade the JPEGs.

User is offline   Mack 

View PostCommando Nukem, on 21 January 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

I'd really love to get my hands on these models.

As would I, the version of Animation Master I have would probably be able to open them as well and they'd probably be great for a basis for high rez sprites. They're most likely on some dusty backup tape/hard drive that no one would be bothered to get too.

This post has been edited by Mack: 22 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

User is offline   OpenMaw 

• Judge Mental

What I find cool and funny about these renderings is they prove an old arguement about the in-game Duke3D version of Duke to be entirely wrong. He was consistant in everything except the title screen. The intermission Duke, the cinematic Duke, and the player sprite are all sourced from the same exact model.

I've been looking at the cinematics from both 3D and Total Meltdown, along with the stuff from games like Blood (Which i'm almost certain are done with the same Animation Master program. The style is very similar.). I'd honestly love to see someone try and pull off a movie with this look. Retro-CG style.

This post has been edited by Commando Nukem: 22 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

User is offline   Radar 

• King of SOVL

You gotta admit though, the Duke models looked a lot better than the Blood ones. They weren't by the same artists, right? Chuck Jones seemed to be much more incredibly skilled.

I would love to play a high res pack that only included the original Chuck Jones models for all the monsters.

This post has been edited by Radar: 23 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

User is offline   MrFlibble 

Thanks for sharing those, these renders are awesome B)

View PostMack, on 21 January 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

Heh, without knowing who is who, one could assume this is Duke and his alien buddy :P

Posted Image

Hmm, an undead Samurai. I don't think this character was featured on any per-release screenshots - or am I missing something here?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

I believe that's the Skeleton Priest which was never implemented into the final game. The sounds are still present in the .GRP file of the final version, though obviously unused.

This post has been edited by Achenar: 24 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

User is offline   Raptomex 

These are sexy.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

Anyone else feel like the "Skeleton Priest" is what turned into the Coolie Ghost? I think there's a prerelease shot or two that show an earlier version of the Coolie Ghost and it looks pretty similar to that Skeleton Priest.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options