Duke4.net Forums: Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition and Shadow Warrior Complete listed in Steam Database - Duke4.net Forums

• 25 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition and Shadow Warrior Complete listed in Steam Database

User is offline   Green 

Posted Image Posted Image

http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/18539
http://cdr.thebronasium.com/sub/18540

User is online   Lunick 

http://steamcommunity.com//app/225140
http://steamcommunity.com//app/225160

User is offline   Micky C 

• Honored Donor

Multiplayer?

User is online   Lunick 

View PostMicky C, on 12 December 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Multiplayer?

Dosbox?

User is offline   Inspector Lagomorf 

• Glory To Motherland!

Posted Image
Playoffs?!

Couldn't resist.

This post has been edited by Achenar: 12 December 2012 - 06:20 AM

• Honored Donor

At least they're not illegally using fan-made ports (although I guess it's not so bad compared to XBLA since they don't need to edit the code).

But you'd still expect them to make it playable on modern operating systems with at least a tiny touch of modern functionality like high resolution and good mouse support.
Simply releasing it on steam in dosbox is pointless. It's already on gog in the same format except completely DRM free, which means its nothing but a money grab :)

• Glory To Motherland!

View PostMicky C, on 12 December 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

Simply releasing it on steam in dosbox is pointless. It's already on gog in the same format except completely DRM free, which means its nothing but a money grab :)

For all the Steam-worshipping I do, they've been behind the curve on a few things. For instance, Square-Enix/Eidos is now releasing the individual Tomb Raider classic games for $9.99 each on Steam. You can get a pack of all three DRM-free for $10.00 on GOG. :)

User is online   Lunick 

You could just put eduke32.exe in the install folder and rename it to dosbox.exe so Steam doesn't think any funny business :) Also don't complain about DRM, it barely effects old games. Since this requires Dosbox, Steam/Valve can't really put DRM on it so you can take it with you wherever you want outside Steam.

But who knows so far, they could have something up their sleeve. I just highly doubt it since Shadow Warrior Complete is there too which leads me to think both are Dosboxed.

EDIT: You're a Steam worshipper? You should totally add me <.<

This post has been edited by Lunick: 12 December 2012 - 06:24 AM

User is offline   NY00123 

Maybe someone wants the possibility to play unmodified vanilla DN3D, thus having a mostly "vanilla" feeling during gameplay (like in the 90s)? This is where the original game contents, combined with DOSBox, come to use. The possibility to use an arbitrary source port is still here, as it was when sold in physical forms.

Of course, if someone has got enough CPU power then somewhat higher resolutions are supported even in the DOS version; At least in comparison to 320x200...
Truly, there is still a limit on the choice of resolutions; And a native port will still perform way better than the original in DOSBox, even when the dynamically recompiling core is used.

View PostAchenar, on 12 December 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

For all the Steam-worshipping I do, they've been behind the curve on a few things. For instance, Square-Enix/Eidos is now releasing the individual Tomb Raider classic games for $9.99 each on Steam. You can get a pack of all three DRM-free for $10.00 on GOG. :)

GOG.com > Steam > Origin. nuff said.

This post has been edited by DustFalcon85: 12 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

User is offline   LkMax 

I'd rather see a list of games going from Steam to GOG. =P
But more options are always welcome.

User is offline   ---- 

Or, get Duke Nukem 3D for free on GOG:

http://www.gog.com/g..._atomic_edition

(Posted on Dec. 12 23:43 CET, just in case the offer has run out when you read it)

User is offline   thatguy 

View PostAchenar, on 12 December 2012 - 06:21 AM, said:

You know thats the fault of Square-enix/Eidos and not Valve right?

User is offline   Bloodshot 

I love GoG and Steam, if only for the friends list and overlay that works in every game that supports D3D or OpenGL

Plus I just started using the grid mode and custom banners which I really like:

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Bloodshot: 13 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

User is offline   thatguy 

I kinda wish Valve would introduce a Big Box Mode view in Steam. :) Best parts about steam? Friends, Community, Cool Workshop system for mods, all the stuff you need in one place, achievements, and a nice interface that ties the whole experience together. I just like to see PC gaming become a connected community instead of a bunch of elitists that hide in the darkest corners of the internet. haha

• Honored Donor

That would be pretty awesome. Everything in steam is hidden away in the menus, and such a system would make it a lot easier to quickly get up to date with things.

User is offline   Green 

Devolver Digital ‏@devolverdigital
Fun little side project we're working on at Devolver Digital. #getsomeOpenGL http://vine.co/v/bvPLYeXLu6I

https://twitter.com/...389086227312640

Devolver Digital ‏@devolverdigital
@joedaviso It's got some new bells and whistles plus full Steamworks support. More on that later though.

https://twitter.com/...390074711511042

User is offline   uh . . . . 

Duuuuude! Why am I so hyped from a 7 second trailer!? It must be the thought of playing populated multiplayer games that aren't broke . . . well hopefully.

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

That hud looks high resolution. Hopefully, they do the same with the sprites. :P

User is online   Lunick 

Knew It.

They changed the Steam Hub pages to Duke Nukem 3D+ and Shadow Warrior+ before they got taken down again.

User is offline   xMobilemux 

Devolver Digital was involved with Serious Sam so this seems legit and looks like its gonna be awesome :P

• Honored Donor

So eh, what is it exactly?

User is online   Lunick 

From the video:

-Using XBLA assets, possibly an XBLA port (?)
-Looks like there will be a DOXBOX version included (?)
-Achievements from the XBLA version are there except for the multiplayer ones

I guess the same will be done for Shadow Warrior+ then?

This post has been edited by Lunick: 12 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

User is offline   NUKEMDAVE 

The XBLA port didn't have that high resolution hud, so I'm hoping there's a few new things. I hope it has a bunch of new multiplayer maps at least.

User is offline   ReaperMan 

At least Machineworks isn't doing the port and they got someone respectable doing it.

User is offline   Hendricks266 

• Weaponized Autism

I hope they release their source.

• Glory To Motherland!

I have absolutely no interest in this unless Internet multiplayer is added.

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

I don't have much interest in this either. The availability of the GRP file over Steam decreases Duke4.net's meager profits off Duke3D through GOG.com, and people are just going to download EDuke32 and use the GRP from Steam anyway (like they do with Doom).

User is offline   Spirrwell 

• tile 1018

View PostHendricks266, on 13 February 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I hope they release their source.

Seconded, I mean it's not like they're going to completely remake the game, that'd be silly. They might as well release their source. Probably won't though. If they do I want to steal whatever code they have for that high resolution nuke symbol. I've been wanting that for a while in EDuke32... How the hell has this game stayed alive for so long?

User is offline   TerminX 

• el fundador

EDuke32. :P

Share this topic:

• 25 Pages +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All copyrights and trademarks not owned by Voidpoint, LLC are the sole property of their respective owners. Play Ion Fury! ;) © Voidpoint, LLC

Enter your sign in name and password

Sign in options